Mopro Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.2
Cary Levine

Pros
  • Cool people, free lunch, decent pay (in 8 reviews)

• fun environment, great people to work with, team driven, no micromanaging, ability to learn a lot and try new things (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The job, when I was there, was damage control 24/7 and the most stressful, unrewarding environment I've worked in (in 2 reviews)

• No matter if you're a customer service, video, design, or programming person (in 2 reviews)

1. Fantastic group of people to work with

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Mopro full-time

Pros

I've worked here for awhile and feel like I've never been at a company with a clearer vision. People are great, mngmt is very involvled. very great product, very happy customers.

Cons

parking is tough bc the team has grown so fast, tough metrics to hit, no more free lunch/beer, bring back the free beer after hours por favor.

Advice to Management

Ignore the haters, you guys keep promoting the right people and driving the ship in the right direction. .

Jul 13, 2015 – Communications Manager

Thanks for your review!

2. I love the Mopro

Current Employee - Account Pro in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Account Pro in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Mopro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Where do I start, I love most everything about Mopro. I did a complete industry change based on faith and strong will. I have learned so much at Mopro and I love every aspect of my job. The design work is fun to do each day and the positive energy and guidance from our team leads is amazing! Our leads create such a positive work atmosphere with fun competitions and occasional group outings. We spend 8 hours a day working, and life is so short it's nice to be excited to go to work each day. I also love all the fun dry erase board and chalk board walls 😄

Cons

The commission is not always paid on time, but It always comes, and I will happily receive it

Advice to Management

You only live once, let's keep pumping up the positive moral and continue to grow this company together!

Aug 31, 2015 – Communications Manager

Thank you! Great to hear you love coming into work every day and sounds like you’re no doubt contributing to that positive energy you’re talking about :)

3. Growing & Fun but Serious

Current Employee - Account Pro
    Current Employee - Account Pro

I have been working at Mopro full-time

Pros

Exciting and fun company that is growing. Lots of opportunity for moving up. Clear processes & expectations. Very well organized

Cons

They tell us they cut the bottom 10% every year, and they actually do it, citing another big company that does this. Actually, its not always a Con, it gets the less serious people out of the way and brings in fresh blood, but can be a little scary.

Advice to Management

So far so good.

Jul 10, 2015 – Communications Manager

Thanks for writing! Glad you’re happy here.

Fantastic Company with a Ton of Upside

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Mopro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at Mopro. The team is energetic and collaborative. I get to come into work everyday to cool office space space and make money. I have had plenty of other sales gigs in the past but this is the first place where I can see myself having a career.

Cons

It is high pressure, but all sales jobs are. You have to hit your numbers and things are being tracked on a daily basis. This is the most structure I have had in sales, but I starting to see great results.

Advice to Management

We miss seeing the site of the week and video of the week, can we please bring bacj those meetings.

Jul 10, 2015 – Communications Manager

Hey, thanks for the review and feedback. Glad to hear you find the sales structure rewarding!

6. Great Company and Great People

Current Employee - Account Representative
    Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at Mopro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love this company. The product is great, the pay is great and the people are great. The company is always forward thinking trying to push the limits and I love it.

Cons

Parking is defjnitelyv a con. It is really faced paced and I love that, but it ain't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep working and working and don't get discouraged by the bad seeds. They are trying to suck the life out of the company because they can't hang.

Jun 17, 2015 – Communications Manager

Thanks for sharing! We're fans of the product and the team too. :)

7. Most exciting tech company in so cal... and ive worked at a few

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Mopro (More than 5 years)

Pros

The energy is crazy here. Great group of people that are very focused. Fantastic suite of tools, customers are excited, very strong CTO and CEO. The woman runnig the marketing team and sales team seems to be really cleaning house. Very noticable changes in last 2 months. THe tech teams blow my mind with what they are building regularly and couldnt be happier here. Free lunch is cool but its the opportunity that is the most exciting. I've worked at baaaaaad sales jobs -- this one is legit.

Cons

Obvioulsy like everyone else says, parking is pretty tough because the company is growing so fast and they really squeeze the bodies in. Maybe get valet or something like that outside... my firends company has it!!! Need a bit more structure on which channels and pipelines we are targetting. Sometimes it feels like anyone can bea client. Seems like sales has gone through a couple of restructures, but it definitely seeems to be onto the right direction. It's inspiring to see big deals come in, but its a huuge bummer to see some people just phoning it in.

Advice to Management

keep cleaning house. you have really a lot of reallly dedicated people and a couple of bad apples that are kinda just coasting. Drop the low end members and promote the people doing really well.

Jun 17, 2015 – Communications Manager

Hey, thanks for your review! Always great to hear from people who love what they do.

How can I rate it high when Everyone was laid off?

I have been working at Mopro (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked working here, but I wish I had never started. It seems like close to half of the company was just let go, and they going to be rehiring in 60-90 days?? What?

Cons

The company has no loyalty towards their good employees. If you think you are doing a great job and your numbers and performance are good. Think again. Nobody is safe. Nobody.

Advice to Management

Why would anyone risk working here when there is no loyalty from the company? I was "let go" in a room of 6 other people after they had hired a security guard to escort people out because everyone was so hurt. OUCH.

Jul 10, 2015 – Communications Manager

Hi, sorry to hear from you under these circumstances. We recently made the difficult but necessary decision to lay off several team members. As the company grows the demand on each department changes ... More

My Experience at Mopro

Former Employee - Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Mopro (Less than a year)

Pros

Let me start off with the good might as well right.... - Awesome Product (super easy to sell) -Awesome co workers ... In fact I miss them already -Free lunch - Decent pay -free health insurance

Cons

Now the bad stuff - Too much micromanagement ... I cant work with you guys breathing over my shoulder - Too many changes to the pay structure... you dont go and change up someones pay especially after a record breaking month... ill touch more on that in advice to management - Parking sucks god forbid you park in the CP or R spot - Communication between sales and fulfillment is horrendous - The free beer was never tapped and you couldnt drink it before 4:30 without being frowned upon - bathroom is constantly being used never any open stalls

Advice to Management

Let me start off by saying yall are some cold SOBs.... How do you fire someone who just found out they are having a kid thats just messed up. I have waited a couple days to post this review on Mopro to calm down a little because I got to put it out there I was pretty salty that you guys did that. A little advice for you guys chill out with the micromanagement no one likes to be hovered over. Also these changes you rolled out with the pay structure for your sales team after they just broke the company record that really brought moral down in the company and it really did effect how people did their jobs company morale needs to stay energetic and telling people that you aren't gonna give them commission any more really hurt company morale . I am a firm believer that negativity is cancerous and will kill a sales team. You guys need to focus on that SEM team more because the last 2 months I worked there they were the only ones making sales making it look effortless consider making that team bigger. Anyway... All in all I loved working at Mopro you guys are awesome people in general and although you guys fired me cold blooded I would strongly consider coming back if offered.

Jun 16, 2015 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Happy to hear you enjoyed working with your teammates, selling our product, and the free lunch is always a hit! Sorry you felt like the sales ... More

Just remember they are a start-up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Mopro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Free lunch and a stocked kitchen, saved me $$$ on meals, but also got me fat hahaha 2) Great staff...even though I don't feel the best towards management, while you are there....they are some really great people to work with. 3) Great learning experience, everything is hands-on...the CEO is always out and talking to your team about new ideas he wants to try. If you see a project being worked on that you can help with, let them know, it looks good, and there are few places that allow people to cross between departments, job duties, etc. 4) Dog-friendly office makes a happy office

Cons

1) I have seen the company lose funding from investors twice in the 2 years I worked there, and it has resulted in many great and talented people getting laid off. And you would hope Mopro would keep the people who have the most seniority or experience and layoff the new hires, but instead they keep the new hires (who I know are being paid less for the same job titles) and laid off their senior people. Talk about company loyalty! And they always lay people off right before the holidays. About 3 months after I was hired, they laid off the supervisors who had hired me (Right before Thanksgiving). The year I was laid off, they kept the employee whom they had just hired for my same position and laid me off and several other people were laid off too who had moved to the OC to stay with the company (Again, right before Thanksgiving). So just know you are most definitely replaceable no matter how much Mopro has you believe otherwise. 2) Limited to no upward mobility. Depending on the department you work in (Sales or web), you might have a great chance to get promoted, or if you are buddy-buddy with one of the execs, but otherwise, don't bet on moving up or making more. And don't hope for much of a salary increase either. You are going to hear CEO's voice a lot. He likes to have "Steve Jobs-like" meetings with the whole company where he preaches how amazing and innovative the Mopro team is, and try to make the company's doings and goings a little more transparent. And in the beginning you are going to believe it and actually might be inspired by it, but it is all empty promises folks. Yes, Cary might be telling the truth to a point, but at the end of the day Mopro is not a self-sustaining company yet. So as much as Cary may want to promote upward mobility within the company or bring about great employee incentives...he doesn't really have any control over that if an investor decides to pull their funding. 3) Their office use to be in Santa Monica, then moved to Orange County. I was one of the employees who made the transition with them from LA to the OC. If you don't live in the OC and don't want to live in the OC, this can be problematic. 4) Parking sucks

Advice to Management

Remember your employees who have stayed loyal to your company by uprooting their lives to relocate with you, receive less pay because they believe in Mopro, and put in long hours on a salaried basis. It is interesting how you preach how you want your business to feel like a family, but your actions say otherwise

Jun 9, 2015 – Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write us. We’re glad you found your time here to be a great learning experience and that you enjoyed the cross-departmental relationships. That’s definitely something ... More

Inside Sales

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at Mopro full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent base, food benefits.

Cons

Telemarketing 101. Have to create your own business. Very high pressure. Management acts like kids. Commission checks are slow and often unpaid.

Advice to Management

Be more professional.

May 20, 2015 – HR Manager

Hello! We are sorry to hear that your experience with Mopro has not been to par. Positive employee culture is something we definitely strive for and we do appreciate when employees can provide us ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed