MoreDirect Reviews

Reset
3.2
John Thomas

1. Inside Sales

I worked at MoreDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to work remotely
    Good training
    Competitive company

Cons

Room for growth
    Very low raises

Advice to Management

Give employees a 5-10% performance-based, not

2. MoreDirect Software Developer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at MoreDirect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back, good work/life balance.

Cons

Poor communication in general, salaries are a little on the low side. Since acquired by parent company getting anything done requires an act of congress.

Advice to Management

Manage!

3. Great work environment

I have been working at MoreDirect full-time

Pros

The company goes out of its way to make employees feel appreciated: monthly Boca meetings, departmental gatherings, annual sales meetings, annual presidents club, employee wellness programs, etc. There are not a whole lot of layers or red tape. Easy to get stuff done if you are a self starter. Profitable, growing and very stable. Rare South Florida gem.

Cons

Need more integration with parent company. The two companies need to figure out who has the best ideas and go for those.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what the mid-managers are saying. They are the backbone of the company.

5. Last Option

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at MoreDirect full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Has some capabilities that are unique.

Cons

Toxic work environment, does not believe in praise.

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you want to be treated.

6. Very unorthodox and micro managing behaviors

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at MoreDirect full-time

Pros

Quarterly bonuses and decent work space.

Cons

Worst management team in history. Lack of respect for good employees. Promotes unethical behavior.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge good employees, stop the popularity contest.Promote within and pay more.

7. Excellent work environment, flexible, relaxed and yet professional. Very family oriented.

I have been working at MoreDirect full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everything but one (look at Cons)

Cons

Owned and controlled by another entity.

Advice to Management

For the most part, they know what they are doing. They don't need advice from me.

8. Decent place to work if you're in sales.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at MoreDirect full-time

Pros

The corporate office is willing to provide flexibility, and there's a good work/life balance, with a laid back atmosphere. The company gets many accolades in the industry. The Marketing and Website areas are innovative, and the company is growing. The office building is small but nice.

Cons

The corporate office is like high school - if you're not in with the popular crowd, this will not be your place to work. For the most part, promotions are given by popularity, not ability, more so than in other companies. I have seen too many good employees leave while poor employees are rewarded. Poor management decisions are overlooked because of seniority or friendships. The company invests everything in their customer facing systems and nothing in the ones that keep the business running, and the entire culture revolves around the sales reps. The parent company is located up north, so there aren't a lot of options for advancement unless you relocate.

Advice to Management

Make the company friendly for all employees and foster an environment where all employees are treated with respect. Invest in your entire team, and don't overlook poor management for any reason.

9. Great place to work! Looking for a Sales position? Reach out to MoreDirect we are always looking for great talent!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at MoreDirect full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Never have I worked any place where I have found such a great group of passionate professionals! The level of enthusiam, passion and focus on the customer is admirable. At every part of this company there is someone willing to go the distance and help. The sales teams have a number of resources available to bring to clients to help close business. Technology, what a great place to be, in the heart of where technology is ever changing and there is always something new to talk to clients about, and of course to sell them!

Cons

Hours are long, but we all do it for the customers, what ever it takes. It's not just one or two people, we are all that way, a team, everyone invested in our customers success and the success of our company too. We're proud to say we work for MoreDirect. The reward is in customer satisfaction and doing the right things, we work hard but we are well compensated it!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring strong talent, Account Executives that know the industry and know how to sell! This is a great place to work, when you look at the competitive options there is no place like MoreDirect ~

10. A good, aggressive and forward thinking company.

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist/Technical Sales Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I worked at MoreDirect full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits. Plenty of opportunity for continued training and education.

Cons

Vacation time/Personal Time off are not very good, even after years of being there.

Advice to Management

Work-life balance is not great. Expectations of people who support sales do not match the pay.

Average company, nothing special compared to others in the industry

I worked at MoreDirect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great support folks, upper management decent, work from home. Good work - life balance.

Cons

Base salary and benefits are awful. They want 10+ years experience in IT, but pay you like you just got out of college. All people want to help you succeed, but when the rubber hits the road, no one is around to assist you. Unless you're in the top 10% of the sales group, you're treated as the only person on the island. When you attend a off site meetings, unless you're in the "President's Club" you are required to room with someone or pay 1/2 of the room out of pocket.

Advice to Management

Drop the sharing room requirement, this may avert any "HR" issues down the road. Have your internal recruiters be upfront with candidates about the compensation package, especially the 1st year potential earnings.

RSS Feed </> Embed