MoreDirect

Updated August 4, 2014
Updated August 4, 2014
3.5

John Thomas

Excellent company to work for.

Current Employee - Just A Regular Employee
    Current Employee - Just A Regular Employee

I have been working at MoreDirect full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work atmosphere; competitive salaries; flexible family oriented company, etc, etc.

Cons

No Cons that I can see at this time.

Great place to work! Looking for a Sales position? Reach out to MoreDirect we are always looking for great talent!

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at MoreDirect full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Never have I worked any place where I have found such a great group of passionate professionals! The level of enthusiam, passion and focus on the customer is admirable. At every part of this company there is someone willing to go the distance and help. The sales teams have a number of resources available to bring to clients to help close business. Technology, what a great place to be, in the heart of where technology is ever changing and there is always something new to talk to clients about, and of course to sell them!

Cons

Hours are long, but we all do it for the customers, what ever it takes. It's not just one or two people, we are all that way, a team, everyone invested in our customers success and the success of our company too. We're proud to say we work for MoreDirect. The reward is in customer satisfaction and doing the right things, we work hard but we are well compensated it!

Keep hiring strong talent, Account Executives that know the industry and know how to sell! This is a great place to work, when you look at the competitive options there is no place like MoreDirect ~

A good, aggressive and forward thinking company.

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist/Technical Sales Specialist in Clearwater, FL

I worked at MoreDirect full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits. Plenty of opportunity for continued training and education.

Cons

Vacation time/Personal Time off are not very good, even after years of being there.

Work-life balance is not great. Expectations of people who support sales do not match the pay.

Average company, nothing special compared to others in the industry

I worked at MoreDirect full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great support folks, upper management decent, work from home. Good work - life balance.

Cons

Base salary and benefits are awful. They want 10+ years experience in IT, but pay you like you just got out of college. All people want to help you succeed, but when the rubber hits the road, no one is around to assist you. Unless you're in the top 10% of the sales group, you're treated as the only person on the island. When you attend a off site meetings, unless you're in the "President's Club" you are required to room with someone or pay 1/2 of the room out of pocket.

Drop the sharing room requirement, this may avert any "HR" issues down the road. Have your internal recruiters be upfront with candidates about the compensation package, especially the 1st year potential earnings.

The company was good when it was smaller.

I worked at MoreDirect full-time

Pros

Good people work there. Overall pay is decent for South Florida.

Cons

Today management does not care about employee morale. It is all about the Sales Dept.

Fast growing company. Needs employee overhaul in some areas. Not much for advancement.

I worked at MoreDirect full-time

Pros

Nice office and some nice people.

Cons

Some management are too arrogant to see that they are the cause of the mass turnover. They recognize bad people skills and management and honor those people. Too much work for regular job getting paid regular salary. The sales team run the company and that causes lack of management and chaos many times.

Bring the sales team under real direction, balance workloads, let the troublemakers (we all know who they are) go, and lose the favortisms. HR needs to step it up and work on career advancement, manager training, and seeing the potential in the people they hire.

Mismanaged Resources, Excessive Managerial Layers

I worked at MoreDirect

Pros

Very good benefits
    Pay is fair for the area
    Good resume builder for IT industry
    Financially stable organization; subsidiary of public company

Cons

Stated expectations and actual expectations are very different
    Reviews are only conducted for subordinates, no formal review system for management
    Resources are poorly allocated, many are overworked, and others under.
    Significant bickering amongst management
    Too many management layers
    Lack of CRM
    Lack of useful technology tools
    Turnover on rise; poor communication
    No tuition reimbursement, no training outside of sales team
    Bonuses/personal performance pay tied to parent company performance
    Opportunities for advancement minimal if any

Management should focus on enhancing the support to resources and encouraging cross functional training in corporate. The organization is over segmented, and micro management is rampant, leading to reduced productivity. Technology tools are lacking and should be invested in.

Better options in this industry

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at MoreDirect

Pros

It's quite entrepreneurial - you get what you put into this. It is like owning your own business - including sales, customer support, issues, etc. So this can be good and bad at the same time as growing a solid business can take an investment on the support side for these clients.

Cons

This is truly a long term, professional sales role. The opportunities for advancement are minimal to zero. You will get great support throughout the organization if you are in the top 10%, otherwise it seems that the organization has little interest outside of that circle. It seems from experience, there are better options in terms of companies within the same industry (other leading/top IT resellers/VARs) if you are seeking a great long term and rewarding career opportunity.

It seems that Sr Management is mostly disconnected from the sales people/account manager despite the incredibly flat organization. If the account manager isn't in the top (presidents club) tier, they will get little support in their success and career.

Great Company

I have been working at MoreDirect

Pros

Great People and Atmosphere-- People stay because the company does care about its people

Cons

Low Salary and Salespeople not held accountable to management

Raise Comp and you will get even better people. Have the best producers mentor new salespeople so you are building long term

good company to work for

I have been working at MoreDirect

Pros

very fair comission plan, open book model no hidden costs to reps, access to the distributors no red tape

Cons

for a new person with no book of business its a tough place to start

na