Morega Systems Reviews in Canada

2.9

BUDDY SNOW

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Place to work, good coworkers with few exceptions

Former Employee - QA Engineer  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Morega Systems as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-Really good opportunities to learn and develop new skills
    -Good working environment
    -Start-up company with a good future
    -Co-workers are friendly and helpful

Cons

- There are a couple of employees who treat interns badly
    - Same employees also do not have good work ethic

Management should be more aware of what is going on inside the company

a mess and almost bankrupt company

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Morega Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

enviroment is ok, it is hard to say any more pros

Cons

bad and mess management, not friendly, everyone is panic, scarry to be laid off

learn more about technology

Sr. Developer C++

Former Employee - Senior Developer C++  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Developer C++ in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Morega Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

They stock up on free coffee and snacks once in a while.
    Somewhat flexible working hours.

Cons

For the small period I was working here I could not figure out what they did, what they sold, this is a sad state of affair. I consider myself an intelligent person but I had no idea what they were doing? I was kept in the dark working in a very small scope.

I had a team lead that was like a ghost , hardly ever around.

I asked how I could better prepare for the role and never got any input. I asked for a demo of their product and never got it. I had to arrange a meeting with QA to try to figure what they were creating. After the QA demo I still had no idea what the company was doing, I saw another companies product in the test demo, didn't know where our product(code) came in, either software or hardware. It was a joke!

Their idea of unit testing is creating test cases using googletest, this framework allows coders to create "mock" classes that in most cases allow bad test cases to pass.

All the other team exist in their own silo, no one communicates across these different teams, has no idea what they are doing. Overall there is very little communication across teams.

Management here is strictly business, the company has a short runway to become profitable and as a result anyone is dispensable.

One of the management there looks at "EVERY" code check-in and has been doing so since day one. He should be busy running the company and less worried about who is checking in what. This implies your worth is derived from the code check-in you make, both quantity and quality.

The company has no real product to sell, most of the stuff done here has no value to make them a player in the market. It's a company that is running on fumes backed only by Venture Capital money.

Cisco is "trying" to gut out this company for talent, all the while this company has some type of partnership with Cisco. I don't get this bizarre arrangement. What I do get is Cisco has no long term plan for their partnership and their is just a gap-fill relationship.

Things have gone from bad to worse when their new appointed CEO "buddy" who is a ball-breaker. If you love agile, long hours, having all your task broken do to the "day" and all your freaking time accounted for then this is a place for you. Personally this is a hell of a way to waste your life and be stressed, life is too short, money can't buy your health back, and you don't need jerk running your life like this.

Start respecting the people you hire.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It has been very rewarding working for a startup company

Current Employee - Software and Systems QA Engineer  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software and Systems QA Engineer in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Morega Systems

Pros

-your work actually makes an impact
    -There is the chance to build tools and automation tools from the ground up
    -Plenty of challenges to expand outside of "job description" and take on some new responsibilities

Cons

-Communication not all that it could be
    -Little documentation. But that goes with a small company
    -benefits not that great

-increase communication with the employees regarding, finances, hiring and plans for bonuses and promotions when you know that these things can be done

Worked for Morega Systems? Contribute to the Community!