Moreys' Pier Reviews

1. Lifeguard

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Wildwood, NJ
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Wildwood, NJ

I worked at Moreys' Pier

Pros

Awesome work environment. George is a pleasure to work for.

Cons

I got some sun burn!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. Not bad

Current Employee - Games Operator in Wildwood, NJ
    Current Employee - Games Operator in Wildwood, NJ

I have been working at Moreys' Pier part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm currently working at Morey's Piers as a games operator (summer job, still in high school). I like that I get a season pass for the summer (even though I haven't had a weekend off to try it yet. Chuck is pretty cool, and so are alot of the other people I work with (there's a black guy with dreads that I talk to every now and then, and he's one of my bosses but I don't know his name, but he's cool as hell).

Cons

Training isnt very in depth. I was talked through the games and then thrown into a booth on memorial day weekend. Wish I could stay in a game for more than 20 minutes without being switched again. The candy wheel is by far the worst game ever, I hate doing it and I'm always put onto it.

Advice to Management

My first day was very poorly handled by management. From getting the time of my training wrong, to telling me at 3 PM that I was working at 5 when I was told all week that I wasn't working that day or weekend, and then just making me jump into a game and already know everything. The schedule is never posted by the time I leave on Sunday so that's very annoying. Hard to communicate with the management if they rarely answer phone calls or text messages. Communication needs to be better.

3. Good experience

Former Employee - Cashier in Wildwood, NJ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Wildwood, NJ

I worked at Moreys' Pier part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I found there great colleagues - people from all over the world, free access to rides, support in finding housing if you are international, contests and prizes, fun parties. You get a bonus if you respect the ending time on contracts.

Cons

They do send you home early if there are not enough people on rides, so you might want to consider that,. However, if you signed anything that says min 40 hours per week, you will get them.

Advice to Management

Should consider getting a second job within Morey's more easily for employees.

5. Lifeguard

Former Employee - LIfe Guard in Wildwood, NJ
    Former Employee - LIfe Guard in Wildwood, NJ

I worked at Moreys' Pier part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, fun job, great perks, meet international friends, room to grow

Cons

pay, ugly uniform, mandatory lunch break for minors

6. Interesting but hard work. no vacation time during the summer. bottom dollar pay and resources for top dollar work.

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician (Mechanical) in Wildwood, NJ
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician (Mechanical) in Wildwood, NJ

I worked at Moreys' Pier full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location, good benefits, poor pay. Very concerned with safety of employees and guests.

Cons

Will ruin the Wildwood Boardwalk for you. long hours, very hard work, no reward for excellence. Maintenance seems very underfunded. Excessive oversight of employees does not make a good environment for team building, poor HR handling of issues, seemed technical crew was looked down on by whole company for some reason.

Advice to Management

Foster respect for all employees regardless of position. Hire more hands, respect opinion of individuals.

7. Seasonal employment that started at minimum wage

Current Employee - Supervisor in Wildwood, NJ
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Wildwood, NJ

I have been working at Moreys' Pier part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership experience, excellent culture, positive atmosphere

Cons

lack of promotions, long hours with little flexibility, very little pay raise for experience

Advice to Management

More stability, job advancement and opportunities

8. Great summer job

Former Employee - Ride Operator in Wildwood, NJ

I worked at Moreys' Pier full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fun / park benefits / social job / easy / fireworks

Cons

it gets hot there
    ok pay

9. game operator

Former Employee - Game Operator in Wildwood, NJ
    Former Employee - Game Operator in Wildwood, NJ

I worked at Moreys' Pier full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i would say free rides are a pro but you barely ever get a day off to even enjoy the park

Cons

everything! the wages are low and you are treated like a slave! Morey's does not care about their employees one bit, i would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. At first everyone is nice to you but that quickly changes within your first month, and hands down the middle peer is the worst pier to have to work on.

10. Great training program for water park lifeguard, and free admission to the amusement park.

Former Employee - Lifeguard in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Moreys' Pier part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training program for water park lifeguard, and free admission to the amusement park. The working time is not too long for a summer job. The sea is beautiful and the people are great.

Cons

When the summer job was just started, it was May, and the weather is not warm. However, the training for the lifeguard is in a pre-heated pool, so it was fine, not very chilly.

Advice to Management

The accommodation was not very good in the first few weeks, but changed to a better one later.

11. Stay away, especially if you are a 'work and travel' exchange student

I worked at Moreys' Pier

Pros

You get to go on all the rides for free or to go to the water parks.

Cons

The management treats you like dirt. You are their slave, the pay is little and the work is terrible having to deal not only with bad management but rude costumers as well. Also you don't have time to eat during your lunch break (you have to wait in line to buy your food or they don't have an employee bathroom, so you have to wait in line (so you loose precious time of your lunch break). They do not have a fridge in the break-room area so you can bring your lunch so you are forced to buy all that nasty food they sell there. It gets pretty expensive even with the employee discount they give you.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and dignity cause they are the ones keeping the park running.

RSS Feed </> Embed