Morgan Advanced Materials

1.9

Morgan Advanced Materials CEO and Director Mark Robertshaw
Mark Robertshaw
1 Rating

Not a good place to work anymore

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Morgan Advanced Materials full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co-workers are the reason for me to continue to stay. The team is just very supportive of each other. But good people do not want to stay anymore.

Cons

The changed of management and the way they treat the staff is very demoralizing. Top management is only concern on the figures but neglected the well beings of the employees. Good work is not being recognized.

Please look into rewarding employees fairly. Employees are the one that move the company forward and the reason you are still sitting up there.

You Don't Want To Work Here!

Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic  in  Auburn, CA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Mechanic in Auburn, CA

I worked at Morgan Advanced Materials

Pros

With such a high turnover rate, there are always plenty of openings.

Cons

The pay scale is low beyond belief, many years outdated. Management refuses to believe this, instead relying on a reviewing company which has no real idea what kind of work is being done or what other companies to compare the jobs to. Being out in the production area is a very dirty job, no way to really avoid that when working with ceramics. The very air is even filled not only with silica dust but water-soluable oil, which I do not believe can be healthy to breathe. The benefits package is on the very low side of barely standard.
    However, the worst part of working there is that any person who doesn't bow towards the Plant Manager's office and swear that this is the bestest place in the world will be sent packing in short order.

Stop listening to HR when they tell you your pay scale is up to date. Look instead at your turnover rate, and ask HR why they never inquire as to why people are leaving. I made more money in my first job in this industry, and that was in 1994!

Avoid this company unless you are desperate

I worked at Morgan Advanced Materials full-time

Pros

Compared to other companies I'm familiar with (or out there in the same markets) this company has little to offer but it might be "ok" for someone who is just looking to pay the bills or just to get a job (as a lot of people working there actually state).

Cons

The internal structure of the organization is a real mess, the company serves different markets with different brands an manufactured by "island" production plants, each plant has a systems and a different management style, its own rules and paperwork; being in the 21st century it's hard to imagine they don't have any connection. Management in several of these plants are like gangs that rule themselves as they want. They do the talk but they don't do the walk (or as people say colloquially just full of ****)

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I'm brand new, but happy with the direction things are heading so far....

Current Employee - Market Development Manager - Australasia (Armour Division)  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Market Development Manager - Australasia (Armour Division) in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Morgan Advanced Materials

Pros

I'm just about to start in the Carbon division, and am very happy with the company's treatment of me thus far.
    Morgan has been through a lot of restructuring over the last few years to get themselves out of major trouble, and are now aiming at strategic, steady growth. Although not yet an insider, so far they've delivered on their promises.

Cons

Haven't experienced any yet - I will update this review as my employment journey continues.
    That's why so many of my scores are 'average' - I don't have experience to back it up!

All I know so far is my boss - and I'd say keep up the good work!

Worked for Morgan Advanced Materials? Contribute to the Community!