Morgan Borszcz Consulting

www.mbc360.com

Morgan Borszcz Consulting Reviews

4.1

Christine Morgan

MBC was a great place to work.

I have been working at Morgan Borszcz Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management, very competitive salary, very good benefits.

Cons

None, none, none, none, none

Keep up the good work.

IT consulting services for federal government

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Morgan Borszcz Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great small company with small staff. Great for entry level consultants. They provide a good base and training for entry level staff.

Cons

Not much room for upward mobility for more senior level consultants.

All About Billable Hours

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Beavercreek, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Beavercreek, OH

I worked at Morgan Borszcz Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're former military with IT expertise, they'll value your skills and likely pay well for them. They're fairly well connected within the government organizations they seek to have as customers.

Cons

Heavy political atmosphere; there was a lot of jockeying for power and influence among the principals. If you're not someone they can bill directly to the customer, they have no idea what to do with you. Employees who were formerly high ranking military officers are openly contemptuous of those who haven't served. Sick days come out of your vacation.

Institute policies and rewards that apply to ALL employees, not just the "stars."

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I worked at Morgan Borszcz Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very relax environment, looks like good company

Cons

Revolving door. People don't stay longer at the company, company loosing contracts very often.

Find a way to keep employees, that means company needs to keep promises at hiring

Great company that cares about employees

I worked at Morgan Borszcz Consulting full-time

Pros

Great environment. Company truly cares about employees

Cons

Instability of government contracting
    Working in a government atmosphere

MBC is a company with an employee first mentality that stresses customer satisfaction, performance, and professional ach

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Morgan Borszcz Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance, supportive coworkers and supervisors, diverse book of business in federal and private sectors, small business with big asperations and plans in place to acheive goals, young company but very expereinced professionals on staff; helps promote a happy medium between establishing culture and following structure already in place. Consultants on the bench are always the first to be considered for new contracts.

Cons

Large portion of business is in DoD; budget cuts do have potential to affect company outlook as with all consulting firms. Being a smaller company we can adapt more easily that some of the bigger DoD and defense contractors.

You have acheived great growth the past few years and things are still looking up. Don't deviate from what you have been doing to much, "If it's not broke don't fix it" you will never make everyone happy but the vast majority of the people that work here truly enjoy what they do and who they work for.

Great Company to Grow With

Current Employee - Team Lead  in  Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Morgan Borszcz Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good company culture and diversity.
    - Opportunities for advancement and to grow with the organization.
    - Strong work-life balance with a work-hard, play-hard mentality.
    - Integrity and ethical management practices; the employees best interest are always taken into consideration.
    - Ability to wear a number of different hats and learn new things in a smaller organization.
    - Tuition and training reimbursement which helps me further my career and obtain additional certifications.

Cons

With there being several practices within MBC, your only interaction with the other teams typically comes from collaboration on business projects.

Continue to take care of your most valulable assets, your employees.

Junior Level Position

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Morgan Borszcz Consulting

Pros

MBC is a minority woman owned business. Established in 2001, MBC serves a wide array of clients from government agencies to commercial businesses that seek leading Big 5 consulting talent at affordable rates. MBC provides these talented, experienced and knowledgeable resources for all of our clients.

Cons

MBC is a small 8a firm so for those looking for a larger consulting firm this may not be the place for you, however if you are driven, dedication, and looking for an opportunity to grow with a company MBC is a great fit.

MBC has been listed on Inc. fastest growing companies and continues to emphasize business development, however this emphasis, must be parallel with the importance of the clients we serve.

Great Management Consulting Firm

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Morgan Borszcz Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hired into MBC to provide consulting support to a government client. MBC has a great amount of experience and solutions for a small company, rivaling much larger firms, but it still feels like a small firm with its dedicated care for its employees. Good team environment with consultants helping across solutions and client areas – very professional staff and culture. Expanding rapidly so there are plenty of growth opportunities if you are willing to put in the effort. Overall, MBC is a great company across the board – I’ve worked with a few and it is the best one so far!

Cons

Only two primary offices so some consultants don’t get the full effect of the great office environment. Still, management makes constant effort to stay engaged and in contact.

Management currently does the best job I have seen at retaining the balance of managing the work but not micromanaging. I feel like I have someone I can go to for advice or questions but they are not constantly over my shoulder. Please continue to promote this approach – it works!

A career choice with MBC after 10+ yrs with the same company

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Morgan Borszcz Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm a cautious person... Making a career choice is one of the most difficult decisions a person is faced with, especially when you are the type of individual like me - who "stays"! Making the right or wrong decision will have a huge impact on your life, as well as the lives of those around you such as your spouse, children, etc. It's a choice that shouldn't be taken lightly; one that should be researched and considered before jumping in action. I received an offer from MBC at the end of 2011 and before making a decision I did just that, and I'm glad I did... I took the time to meet with peers, operational staff (such as HR and the receptionist!), and of course board level management. Before accepting I wanted to understand what it's truly like to work inside MBC from multiple perspectives. MBC's team was very receptive to my questions and desire to understand where they were headed and where I would fit in the big picture. Not only did they work with me to set a path they afforded me the opportunity to create a path of my own. The year has flown by, I have had the chance to work with some of the brightest individuals from the big 5 consulting houses to the technologically advanced architects... We share ideas, collaborate, help clients and create opportunities to grow our staff. I believe my role and the overall position is meaningful.

In addition to the benefits of "work" at MBC. There are pros to the family oriented activities, such as taking my children to the bowling alley with the other employees and their families, hanging out at the annual picnic waiting for my turn at water balloon toss... and of course wiping off the face paint from my son's cheek at the end of the night.

In my opinion MBC is a very good company to work for. They don't forget the little things to keep it fun and make it personal. They somehow have been able to maintain the key ingredients of a successful organization. Many companies have lost this along the way, especially with big business budget cuts and downsizing... I'm thankful I made the choice I did and look forward to many more years with the company.

Cons

As with any company my primary complaint is the cost of health insurance. I would probably have this complaint regardless of where I worked...

Keep doing the small stuff!

Worked for Morgan Borszcz Consulting? Contribute to the Community!