Morgan Corporation

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
2.6

James Youse

Great opportunity for advancement if you apply yourself

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rydal, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rydal, GA

I have been working at Morgan Corporation

Pros

Good insurance/benefits, great stability due to market share

Cons

long hours, lack of support for overloaded workers

Awful

Current Employee - Assembly
    Current Employee - Assembly

I have been working at Morgan Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a paycheck. Not a very good one, or a safe way to get it, but if you need it, that's what it is.

Cons

Working in the elements, low wages, too heavy of a work load, not enough training for new employees.

Giving a kid fresh out of high school with no training the controller to an over head hoist with a 26 foot wall attached, best described this place. Populated by immigrants that speak zero english and felons. I was "trained" by two men that did not speak any english. I hope to be moving on soon.

Please pay your employees a living wage ($15+/h). I can make the same money working fast food.
    You're company might actually produce a quality product if your employees could afford to eat.
    Instead, we're gluing missing parts on so it looks nice, because none of us really care anymore.

Production Manager

I have been working at Morgan Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people, good product an industry leader in truck body manufacturing. pay is comparable to industry standards, in management. good working environment on the shop floor. good challenges.

Cons

they do NOT pay floor employees enough, so they go elsewhere. can not get production met because of this very thing we are always training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pay floor employees more!!!!! You will get what you want dedication!!!!!!! Don't change senior management you cant get anything done by changing constantly!!!!!

Great folks at the field level-Deceiving at the top

I worked at Morgan Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy hard work and business relationships this was a great opportunity

Cons

Management-HW to Regional are dysfunctional, deceptive, untrustworthy, self centered

Grow some professionalism and respect.

the co .treats its emploees like dirt.

Former Employee - Welder in Denver, PA
    Former Employee - Welder in Denver, PA

I worked at Morgan Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

there are some good at the co. but cant think of them now

Cons

dealing with stupid management and drug addicts

a good experience

Former Employee - Assembler in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Assembler in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Morgan Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

willing to give people a chance to prove themselves.management is very fair and honest with there personnel.

Cons

cut the seasonal job short.

Former Employee hoping to come back

Former Employee - Welder in Morgantown, PA
    Former Employee - Welder in Morgantown, PA

I worked at Morgan Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My experience with Morgan Truck Body was that every day was better than the last, I installed liftgates and we always tried to get more than the last day. Which kept the job fun and exciting.

Cons

Some of the challenges is when you get a different type of gate that you never done before and your anticipated about the fundamentals of installing it.

I think right now Upper Management is doing a great job, and should keep going as they are and things will only get even better!

Great people - poor direction and leadership

Former Employee - Production Associate in Morgantown, PA
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Morgantown, PA

I worked at Morgan Corporation full-time

Pros

Great working class people that make up the backbone of the company. Many of them have stayed there because they are true loyal Morgan truck builders.

Cons

A disconnected management that is afraid to change and break down the barriers within themselves that keep the company making the same mistakes year after year. High turnover in both salary and hourly ranks.

If the same mistakes are repeated - senior management needs to look in the mirror

Security Enginner

Current Contractor - Security Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Security Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Morgan Corporation as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

great team and good place to learn

Cons

nothing really,no cons ...may be regular IT concerns

This company has nothing positive to offer. It is a company with NO morals or values, yet expects workers to have them.

Former Employee - Management in Morgantown, PA
    Former Employee - Management in Morgantown, PA

I worked at Morgan Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing I can honestly think of except that after 30 days of employment you are eligible for holiday pay.

Cons

I could write a book on the cons. The physical conditions are loud, dirty, cold in winter, hot in summer, and extremely dangerous with countless minor and serious injuries. The ambulance was there weekly. An extremely low class of workers of all ethnicities and backgrounds. The work force was made up of approximately 80% ex convicts and felons including child molestors and even convicted murderers. They implemented a random drug testing policy but drug use even on the property is rampant. If you don't speak Spanish, you are out of luck. Low pay. Lousy hours. Shifts are changed often even the same day with no warning. In 18 months I worked 12 different start times and that does not include many other changes in the shift.Management loves to abuse their workers and no consideration at all for you. New rules implemented daily to suit themselves. They are the worse company I have ever worked for in my 40 plus years, many spent in management. There is no room with them for any enjoyment. The rules are enforced only as they please for them to be and their solution is to always implement new and stricter rules to the point of rediculousness. Every month without fail, they post possible mandatory overtime for every Saturday even in the slow times. This is done so that they can force you to work on any or every given Saturday and you are only informed of this the Friday before or if lucky, the Thursday before. Because of this policy,there is no way you can ever safely feel you are off on any Saturday. There was no raise given for several years prior to 2012. In 2012 a raise was given that was a joke to most of the workers. Basically, if you were not there for at least 2 years , your raise amounted to about a nickle or less per hour. In many cases they found a way around not giving it to many of us, or was pro-rated to such a level to make it laughable. Incentive programs are initiated but poorly followed through on, or tailored in such a manner as to be nearly impossible to achieve. If you achieved your goal in one area, they have it worked out that if you did not meet another goal, you lose what you were entitled to receive. If you work on first shift you have to deal with a bunch of pre-madonnas that have been there forever and are under the misguided belief that they are the gods of the company. If you work second shift(or third shift when active ) you are treated like the lowest form of life. On the off shifts you can do no right, and EVERYTHING that goes wrong is blamed on the off shifts because remember, first shift are gods. The only advantage of working the second shift is that it is more peaceful working conditions because you are not working for or with such arrogant people and that the production supervisor on second shift was wonderful to work for. The overall production manager changed 3 times in the 18 months I was there, so this led to instability in the work place. It seemed nobody wanted to stay even in this high ranking position. The favoritism is completely out of control, and most often no complete investigation is held by HR or upper management before punishment up to and including termination. When you are hired, even as a direct hire , you must work 90 days before being considered a permanent hire. Everyone is misled to believe that once your 90 days is in that you are a permanent hire. This is NOT true. After 90 days you are eligible to become permant, not done automatically. It is then up to the shift supervisor to work with HR to determine IF you will become permanrnt or not. There are many workers there for several years that are still NOT considered to be permanent hires. Only after you are rated as a permanent hire are you eligible for any benefits ( other then holiday pay ) and you must work an additional 90 days to get your remaining benefits even though you already worked over 90 days and as I previously stated, up to several years. This is not clearly explained to you when you are hired on be it directly, or through an agency. My work experience took place in their main location in Morgantown, Pa. so I had the opportunity to see just how poorly this company is run. I cannot speak for the other locations as to their being run as poorly as the home office, but my experience in discussions with others who had some knowledge of the out lying plants indicated to me that conditions were similar. One can only suspect that if the home location is run so poorly, that it must be representative of the company as a whole. The culture of Morgan is one of virtually no trust from management, and one in which NO respect is shown to the common worker from management. If you are a person of even moderate intelligence and possess a modicum of values and morals, this company is ABSOLUTELY NOT the place you want to work at. I cannot stress enough the lack of respect, morals, and simple values this company shows to their workers.

You reap what you sow. You hire indigents, you get low quality work. Start hiring a better class of worker, train them, pay them better, and show them some respect. Maybe then you won't have the revolving door policy and can hold onto some of the better workers you have. Of course, this requires a change in the culture of the company from the top down. Good luck with that!