Morgan Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

James Youse

Former Employee hoping to come back

Welder (Former Employee) Morgantown, PA

ProsMy experience with Morgan Truck Body was that every day was better than the last, I installed liftgates and we always tried to get more than the last day. Which kept the job fun and exciting.

ConsSome of the challenges is when you get a different type of gate that you never done before and your anticipated about the fundamentals of installing it.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think right now Upper Management is doing a great job, and should keep going as they are and things will only get even better!

Security Enginner

Security Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat team and good place to learn

Consnothing really,no cons ...may be regular IT concerns

Great people - poor direction and leadership

Production Associate (Former Employee) Morgantown, PA

ProsGreat working class people that make up the backbone of the company. Many of them have stayed there because they are true loyal Morgan truck builders.

ConsA disconnected management that is afraid to change and break down the barriers within themselves that keep the company making the same mistakes year after year. High turnover in both salary and hourly ranks.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the same mistakes are repeated - senior management needs to look in the mirror

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company has nothing positive to offer. It is a company with NO morals or values, yet expects workers to have them.

Management (Former Employee) Morgantown, PA

ProsAbsolutely nothing I can honestly think of except that after 30 days of employment you are eligible for holiday pay.

ConsI could write a book on the cons. The physical conditions are loud, dirty, cold in winter, hot in summer, and extremely dangerous with countless minor and serious injuries. The ambulance was there weekly. An extremely low class of workers of all ethnicities and backgrounds. The work force was made up of approximately 80% ex convicts and felons including child molestors and even convicted murderers. They implemented a random drug testing policy but drug use even on the property is rampant. If you don't speak Spanish, you are out of luck. Low pay. Lousy hours. Shifts are changed often even the same day with no warning. In 18 months I worked 12 different start times and that does not include many other changes in the shift.Management loves to abuse their workers and no consideration at all for you. New rules implemented daily to suit themselves. They are the worse company I have ever worked for in my 40 plus years, many spent in management. There is no room with them for any enjoyment. The rules are enforced only as they please for them to be and their solution is to always implement new and stricter rules to the point of rediculousness. Every month without fail, they post possible mandatory overtime for every Saturday even in the slow times. This is done so that they can force you to work on any or every given Saturday and you are only informed of this the Friday before or if lucky, the Thursday before. Because of this policy,there is no way you can ever safely feel you are off on any Saturday. There was no raise given for several years prior to 2012. In 2012 a raise was given that was a joke to most of the workers. Basically, if you were not there for at least 2 years , your raise amounted to about a nickle or less per hour. In many cases they found a way around not giving it to many of us, or was pro-rated to such a level to make it laughable. Incentive programs are initiated but poorly followed through on, or tailored in such a manner as to be nearly impossible to achieve. If you achieved your goal in one area, they have it worked out that if you did not meet another goal, you lose what you were entitled to receive. If you work on first shift you have to deal with a bunch of pre-madonnas that have been there forever and are under the misguided belief that they are the gods of the company. If you work second shift(or third shift when active ) you are treated like the lowest form of life. On the off shifts you can do no right, and EVERYTHING that goes wrong is blamed on the off shifts because remember, first shift are gods. The only advantage of working the second shift is that it is more peaceful working conditions because you are not working for or with such arrogant people and that the production supervisor on second shift was wonderful to work for. The overall production manager changed 3 times in the 18 months I was there, so this led to instability in the work place. It seemed nobody wanted to stay even in this high ranking position. The favoritism is completely out of control, and most often no complete investigation is held by HR or upper management before punishment up to and including termination. When you are hired, even as a direct hire , you must work 90 days before being considered a permanent hire. Everyone is misled to believe that once your 90 days is in that you are a permanent hire. This is NOT true. After 90 days you are eligible to become permant, not done automatically. It is then up to the shift supervisor to work with HR to determine IF you will become permanrnt or not. There are many workers there for several years that are still NOT considered to be permanent hires. Only after you are rated as a permanent hire are you eligible for any benefits ( other then holiday pay ) and you must work an additional 90 days to get your remaining benefits even though you already worked over 90 days and as I previously stated, up to several years. This is not clearly explained to you when you are hired on be it directly, or through an agency. My work experience took place in their main location in Morgantown, Pa. so I had the opportunity to see just how poorly this company is run. I cannot speak for the other locations as to their being run as poorly as the home office, but my experience in discussions with others who had some knowledge of the out lying plants indicated to me that conditions were similar. One can only suspect that if the home location is run so poorly, that it must be representative of the company as a whole. The culture of Morgan is one of virtually no trust from management, and one in which NO respect is shown to the common worker from management. If you are a person of even moderate intelligence and possess a modicum of values and morals, this company is ABSOLUTELY NOT the place you want to work at. I cannot stress enough the lack of respect, morals, and simple values this company shows to their workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou reap what you sow. You hire indigents, you get low quality work. Start hiring a better class of worker, train them, pay them better, and show them some respect. Maybe then you won't have the revolving door policy and can hold onto some of the better workers you have. Of course, this requires a change in the culture of the company from the top down. Good luck with that!

I love my job but I hate the company I work for

Plant Worker (Current Employee) Morgantown, PA

ProsLower level managment and plant workers are great and hard working, they are like family. Lower management fights an endless fight for the employees even though it falls on deaf ears.

ConsEmployees are over worked and extremely underpaid. Massive amounts of overtime are required and employee compensation (vacation, sick time, and benefits) is horrible. Upper management does not know how to manage the company at all. Any request or feedback from employees is ignored. Old incentives (company picnic, christmas bonus, etc) were taken away but sales and upper management still receive bonuses. When production slows down and lay offs come around, they try to lay employees off for over two months so when they call them back they are hired back as new hires and the employee has to wait another 90 day probation period to receive their health benefits and vacation days.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the plant workers. Stop over working and under paying us. Without us you would not be making any money. Listen to our needs. We work for you and care about the work we are doing. Care about us and compensate accordingly.

supervisor

Supervisor (Former Employee) Coudersport, PA

Prosgreat employees to work with

Consyour a fall guy if something goes wrong

Advice to Senior Managementquit screwing the help

Programming on Unix system

Programmer (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsWhile working there the job was challenging and interesting.

ConsSometimes you need overtime working.

Advice to Senior Managementgood

Worst place to work

Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) Morgantown, PA

ProsEmployees on the shop floor and low level managers and supervisors are good hard working people and constantly are trying to achieve the expectations of upper managment even how ridiculous it may be..

ConsUpper Mgmt does not care about the employees and neither does the owner. Wage freeze for years and then minimal increases even though the company is making millions. Insurance premiums are high with even higher deductibles. Constantly taking away benefits - sick days/vacation/gain sharing. Everything is on the back of the employees who make this company what it is. Corp Managment micro manages ever detail. Plants are dirty and no money is spent on plant improvments but corporate spends money on their office.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees as if they were not an asset to the organziaiton. Corporate needs to get out of their ivory tower once in awhile and understand what it takes to work on the plant level.
    Fight for the folks on shop floor instead of yourselves once in awhile.

Quiet workplace, simple business, management is fair in their dealings with employees

Commodity Manager (Current Employee) Morgantown, PA

ProsMorgan has simple business model. CEO and other key executives are reasonable in their actions and expectations of employees. If you are not required to interface with parent company and its executives you can expect good pleasant work environment.
    Compensation is competitive but no bonus is offered.

ConsParent company leadership leaves much to be desired.
    If business was more dynamic and growing, additional opportunities will be created. Industry is fragmented and tremendous opportunities exist to grow from the footprint they have.

great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsTHE ATMosphere s great and the people are friendly and accomodative. I was given responsibility on a day to day basis

Consthe location of the office was poor - the city is unexciting and the people are pretty dull. other than that the weather is poor.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work. the management are impressive individuals with a good team ethic and outlook. they are an inspiration

Worked for Morgan Corporation? Contribute to the Community!