Morgan Management, LLC

Reset
3.3
Robert C. Morgan

Good Company

I have been working at Morgan Management, LLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Company is growing fast and because of this there is a lot of room for advancement. The negative reviews come from employees (that have quit or been fired with in 18 months) of communities that were purchased by Morgan Management. Nobody likes change, and that is what happens when new management comes in. All of the negative reviews seem to say the same thing, "no room for advancement" and "lack of knowledge", I have been with the company for 10 years and because of my background, knowledge, and schooling I have advanced five times. In my ten years, I have watched 9 of my friends that I started at the company with all be promoted with in as well. The reviews that I have read on this site seem to come from disgruntled ex-employees that have a lack of knowledge of how business works. I have many friends that complain that they don't have any chance of moving up in the company they work for and don't know why. It is simple, you can't show up to work everyday and expect to be promoted.
    I refer everyone that I know to Morgan Management because out of all of the jobs that I have held, this is the first time I really feel that i have a career. Before working for Morgan I had only stayed with previous employers for 2 years max because of not felling like I was part of a team, always like the worker bee that was expendable.

Cons

The only "con" I have is with this website, not Morgan Mangement.
    If you expect to get a good feel for Morgan Management through this website, don't. As the saying goes "If a person likes you they'll tell someone, if they don't like you they'll tell 10 people."

Worst place to work!!!!

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Webster, NY
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Webster, NY

I worked at Morgan Management, LLC

Pros

You get commission for every apartment you lease to. There is a Christmas party every year and they have a drawing for prizes.

Cons

If you leave there company they will not pay you any commission you have for that month. They will promise you advancement but will never give it to you. This company is all talk and will screw you in any way possible. The position will seem great at first but once you work there for a little while you will see how terrible it really is.

Worst company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Morgan Management, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Did offer bonuses. Pleasant surprise in pay every now and again. Also, hours were consistent and fair.

Cons

Pay scale, no advancement, terrible mid level management, high expectations without proper compensation, no training as to company standards, AWFUL benefits.

Advice to Management

Learn what you are doing in a takeover and figure out a better way to evaluate employee worth.

Very Sad - Potential, solid partners to grow - but at this point simply the worst I've seen in over 15 years

Former Employee - Property Manager in Merrillville, IN
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Merrillville, IN

I worked at Morgan Management, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro at this point is that the company is growing through acquisition, and assuming they get their act together it could be a solid company. At this point it will take years for that to happen. There are some competent people at the corporate office, but they are all completely swamped carrying the rest of the crew there. It is a pro, but these people leave at a pretty alarming rate.

Cons

This company started as a small Rochester, NY. area company - at it's core 100 units and under. Reviewing reports would indicate that they may be ok at that level of operation.

Over time they have obtained solid financing and good acquisitions people and are growing by acquiring B- to C- properties. Unfortunately the "senior leadership" seems to be absolutely clueless regarding larger property management - and nearly all of the Directors, VP and Regional Managers are experienced only with small properties, or worse have been advanced from positions such as groundsmen. This is a real problem. They struggle with the most basic managerial functions - and there is NO leadership, no direction, the answer to every problem is that you must ask another department or corporate employee. If your upline manager isn't doing his/her job, you will find yourself given a written notice or "improvement" plan - and then they will not provide the documents needed to make the changes.

Oh - did I mention that you won't get a copy of your budget...yet the same folks that don't provide you any financials for your property will demand compliance with the budget?! - Crazy right? Well, that's the reality with Morgan.

To make matters worse - the entire platform is on Sage Timberline AND it's all on a remote desktop via Citrix. All actions dealing with tenants must be prepared onsite, then scanned via to a mailbox, then saved to a corporate department box for action. EVERYTHING is done this way from new leases, to renewals, to basic adjustments and credits. You will spend at least 1/2 of your day doing nothing but scanning docs to a corporate office - and these are things you SHOULD be doing onsite.

The corporate office does ALL adjustments. No rent payments are even accepted onsite - they MUST be sent to corporate, via ACH or epayment online...which sounds good, but ALL PAYMENTS are manually posted by corporate AR. Even epayments are manually extracted, and posted to tenant ledgers. This creates HUGE delays which result in numerous tenant issues and complaints, and the site personnel are consistently demeaned by corporate personnel for these complaints. There is NO accepted "excuse" if you try to explain that it's their system - they don't want to hear it because apparently NONE of the senior management at corporate dares tell Robert Morgan that his beloved Timberline system is overloaded and in need of replacement.

Now I ask you - does it make any sense that a manager can approve hundreds of thousands in invoices...even be allowed to sign off on 6 figure capex projects....but CAN'T make a $1 adjustment to a tenant ledger....right?

Salary is on the low end - benefits are low average. No 401K match.

To sum it all up - if you can land a job at the corporate office in Pittsford NY. and survive in a "cubicle" driven, punch the clock environment you will have security and do very well. If your last name is Morgan you will do very well.
    However...
    If you have management skills and expect to take ownership or make any decisions to manage your property, you have no place with this company.

Advice to Management

I won't offer any - I spent nearly 18 months working at a $5M annual operation, and nothing I said made a difference. I finally resigned without notice because the new Regional (former groundsman) Manager was too interested in staying in hotels, and eating lunches/dinners using his corporate card than in being bothered with actual duties or supporting his newly assigned property or onsite personnel. Completely lost.

6. You will not find a better to work than Prime Group Storage! A division of Morgan Management, LLC,.

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Morgan Management, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary and benefits are excellent. All of the managers and directors are easy to please with open door policy.
    Work ethics and values are targeted towards the "FAMILY" and it makes you feel a part of everything that happens. Open and responsive to the needs of the employees. They actually encourage us to do what ever we can to service the needs of our customers! CUSTOMER SERVICE the old fashion way!

Cons

The division is new so management is still learning and setting foundation/regulations.

Advice to Management

Cherish the employees. Allow them to network and help grow your business. Use their knowledge base to put you over the top

Working at Morgan Management has been an overall positive experience

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Morgan Management, LLC

Pros

They offer good health benefits, life insurance, and paid time off. It's also a great place for on the job training.

Cons

The pay could be better especially for those with skilled trades knowledge. They do start you at a rate higher than minimum wage, usually $10 per hour.

Advice to Management

Stress the importance of communication within the company, especially at each property. Give more than a 3% raise (maybe $.25,$.50,etc). Also, the regional managers need to spend more time at their properties so they can see exactly what is going on at the properties and be more involved. Maybe move their office to each property for an extended period of time to ensure the properties are all running the same.

8. Good to work for , good benefits , need to pay more and offer more advancement opportunities

Former Employee - Property Management in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Property Management in Rochester, NY

I worked at Morgan Management, LLC

Pros

Excellent health benefits, good vacation and personal day allocation, they bought out our other company and treated us very well. They have some excellent lower management personnel with excellent skills.(i.e. Superintendents, rental agents and construction managers) Morgan does look to the future of their company with forward thought and prudence. It is a family owned company.

Cons

Pay scale -services provided such as plumbing, electrical and HVAC are underpayed. They have hired several people that I found to be micro-managers. This leeds to a break in flow of productivity and a feeling of general distrust. They need to let the people that know what they're doing, do their jobs.

Advice to Management

Hire from within and make those opportunities well advertised to the current employees

Unclear job specifications...

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Morgan Management, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of clients. Many co-workers were good to work with. Campground could be a fun place to work.

Cons

No acurate reviews. Management was fireing, and relocating personal frequently. Many times the supervisors were irrational and unquallified for current positions. Dismissed legal requirments at will to reach agenda.

Advice to Management

Get it together!

RSS Feed </> Embed