Morgan McKinley Reviews

Reset
4.8
Morgan McKinley CEO Pat Fitzgerald
Pat Fitzgerald

Pros
  • Work/life balance is second to none, with a strong emphasis on rewarding outstanding performance (in 3 reviews)

• i have joined many recruitment companies over the last 10 - 12 years (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The hours can be long and you do have to be very disciplined to have a work life balance (in 3 reviews)

• Long hours occasionally, stressful at times but that's recruitment (in 4 reviews)

1. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, amazing clients to work with, great people and excellent support. I have worked for some large agencies in the past and MMK are by far the best. Management take their time to employ the right for for the business.

Cons

Only been here 5 months, but nothing negative has arisen thus far.

2. Manager

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Flexibility, Rewarding, Friendly, Hardworking, Honorable, Respected, Market leader, Expertise, Empowering, Specialist, Enjoyable, Team culture, Relaxed, Driven

Cons

There are areas that could improve but no company is perfect and there is always a conscious effort for improvement

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

3. Potential

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan McKinley (Less than a year)

Pros

Good commission structure and training scheme, great people to work with and good central London based offices. Overall decent company benefits too.

Cons

Salary is often not in line with market benchmarks. Can be very long hours. Very high turnover amongst staff and not enough consistency across the business.

Advice to Management

Take time to make sure business decisions are in line across all parts of the business. Do more to show loyalty to staff.

Aug 27, 2015 – People Director

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you have positively rated our people, training programme, commission plan and employee benefits. I very much hope that you have had the opportunity to ... More

5. Good place to work - fun company

Current Employee - Group Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Group Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Young energetic workforce, good place to gain experience, good career progression opportunities, good training for employees, always very good social scene

Cons

High turnover so managers spend a lot of their time training in new staff. Sometimes they hire unsuitable people who are not suited to the sales environment.

Jul 8, 2015 – People Director

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear about your positive experience working at Morgan McKinley ... long may it continue! We strive to hire the very best talent, and our leadership team ... More

6. Good Solid Company - Focused on KPI's

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Great management culture 2. Best Training in Industry 3. Good culture for a big firm 4. Supportive

Cons

1. KPI driven 2. Very competitive 3. All about sales/money

Advice to Management

Focus less on sales and more on your people, there is some top talent but once the training is done they just fade away. KPI's aren't everything, embrace each person's different way of recruiting... or at least open the floor to discussion for it.

7. Compared to other recruitment agencies I have come across, a cut above

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Good training, management, organisation, lovely offices too

Cons

Limited scope for growth, commission structure quite bad

8. Excellent training, some great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best in class training for recruiters, some extremely strong people-best in industry. Great culture

Cons

Commission structure could be better

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

9. Best company I've worked for, by far!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've just left Morgan McKinley after 20 months as I am off to the country, so leaving the company is no bad reflection on them whatsoever. My time there has been fantastic and I made some really good friends. My leaving drinks was emotional, but only because the people that were there are so damn fun to be around! Much love. No company is perfect, but Morgan McKinley tries it's best to be. It has big ambitions and it tries it's best to be a market leader and in many areas it is. MMc has a great Operations function, I.e. Marketing, Compliance, Sales Support, IT, etc that is there to make your life as easy as possible. As a Senior Consultant I was given the freedom to manage my own desk and there was no micro management or overly heavy KPI driven nature. MMc have a large network of large and small clients across financial services and commerce & industry and they also have a dedicated team of people who manage existing relationships and build new ones with new and existing RPOs. This ensures high levels of jobs coming through the doors. There is a lot more I could say, but you would be hard pressed to find a better company with sub a nice modern office!

Cons

Blogging is a big part of Morgan McKinley's Marketing scheme to reach out to clients and candidates. I'm not big on the creative writing and I avoided doing this, but I did see some of the junior consultants and ACs stress out at times as they wanted to be able to get on with their job and hit targets, but having to write a blog was distracting them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work Ger!

10. Great company to work for, encourages individuals to progress, friendly environment. Leadership is great.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

I have been at Morgan McKinley for just over 3 months, with no previous experience in recruitment, the training I have received has been invaluable. You are given lots of support from day one with clear structures in place to aid your progression. Employees are friendly, you really feel welcomed from day one. There is a great social side also with monthly drinks with a bar tab.

Cons

Currently I would not say there are any con's i can think of since I started working at Morgan Mckinley. Recruitment as an industry can be tough - so any con's would be related more to the job rather than the company.

Jan 6, 2015 – Global Marketing Executive

We appreciate your initial feedback. If and when any concerns do come into play our management team and/or David Leithead would be very open to hearing from you. We are glad to hear the training was ... More

11. Best Choice i ever made! Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From day one i was made to feel at home, from being introduced to the teams and sitting down with the director team one by one, it was the best way to start off. As a newbie to the industry i wholly appreciated the huge amount of training sessions on offer. There is a real focus on developing the upcoming stars. If you're new to the industry or even if you're not and are looking to buff up your skills this is the place.

Cons

Cant think of any cons

Jan 6, 2015 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that our management team are always available if you have any concerns or issues within the business. We wish you a successful career in the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed