Morgan McKinley Reviews

14 reviews filtered by
  • London, England
4.9
Pat Fitzgerald

1. Best company I've worked for, by far!

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've just left Morgan McKinley after 20 months as I am off to the country, so leaving the company is no bad reflection on them whatsoever. My time there has been fantastic and I made some really good friends. My leaving drinks was emotional, but only because the people that were there are so damn fun to be around! Much love.

No company is perfect, but Morgan McKinley tries it's best to be. It has big ambitions and it tries it's best to be a market leader and in many areas it is. MMc has a great Operations function, I.e. Marketing, Compliance, Sales Support, IT, etc that is there to make your life as easy as possible.

As a Senior Consultant I was given the freedom to manage my own desk and there was no micro management or overly heavy KPI driven nature.

MMc have a large network of large and small clients across financial services and commerce & industry and they also have a dedicated team of people who manage existing relationships and build new ones with new and existing RPOs. This ensures high levels of jobs coming through the doors.

There is a lot more I could say, but you would be hard pressed to find a better company with sub a nice modern office!

Cons

Blogging is a big part of Morgan McKinley's Marketing scheme to reach out to clients and candidates. I'm not big on the creative writing and I avoided doing this, but I did see some of the junior consultants and ACs stress out at times as they wanted to be able to get on with their job and hit targets, but having to write a blog was distracting them.

Keep up the good work Ger!

2. Great company to work for, encourages individuals to progress, friendly environment. Leadership is great.

I have been working at Morgan McKinley

Pros

I have been at Morgan McKinley for just over 3 months, with no previous experience in recruitment, the training I have received has been invaluable.
    You are given lots of support from day one with clear structures in place to aid your progression.
    Employees are friendly, you really feel welcomed from day one. There is a great social side also with monthly drinks with a bar tab.

Cons

Currently I would not say there are any con's i can think of since I started working at Morgan Mckinley. Recruitment as an industry can be tough - so any con's would be related more to the job rather than the company.

Morgan McKinley Response

Jan 6, 2015Global Marketing Executive

We appreciate your initial feedback. If and when any concerns do come into play our management team and/or David Leithead would be very open to hearing from you. We are glad to hear the training was ... More

3. Best Choice i ever made! Excellent place to work

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (less than a year)

Pros

From day one i was made to feel at home, from being introduced to the teams and sitting down with the director team one by one, it was the best way to start off. As a newbie to the industry i wholly appreciated the huge amount of training sessions on offer. There is a real focus on developing the upcoming stars. If you're new to the industry or even if you're not and are looking to buff up your skills this is the place.

Cons

Cant think of any cons

Morgan McKinley Response

Jan 6, 2015Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that our management team are always available if you have any concerns or issues within the business. We wish you a successful career in the company.

5. A good recruitment company to work for

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Culture, Values, People, Clear Path and Excellent Leadership at C level

Cons

Hours, Lack of flexibility, Lack of transparency

Better than 90% of recruitment agencies

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Compared to most recruitment agencies where meaningless KPIs (i.e. time spent on the phone per week) are obsessed over, Morgan McKinley is definitely more relaxed as a work environment and occasionally sees value in things other than numbers..
    Also, they generally hire amenable and dynamic people, so the company culture is fun and vibrant.
    They are also very encouraging when it comes to training up staff and giving them a clear internal career development path (despite it being 95% based on billings).

Cons

The upper management tend to be quite short-sighted and have had issues with prioritisation.. On a micro-level, if you bill a lot in a short time you are basically given a pass for a while.. Macro: when times are good they get quixotic, hiring like mad and upgrading/opening new offices.. This bites the whole company back when revenue inevitably goes down..
    Also, on certain teams it's more valuable to be a robot than to actually know what you're talking about.. They pay a lot of lip service to the model solid consultant being one who knows their subject matter and having long-standing relationships with their clients based on professional respect, but this all flies out the window if you bill and will not save you if you're not billing.. Again, take that with a grain of salt because at other recruitment agencies they'd be much more brutal..
    Finally: the bonus structure.. It's shockingly unfair.. I won't go into details, but you have to bill quite a lot before you stand to make a bonus, and if you're under your targets for two consecutive quarters, you basically find yourself in a hole that you'll only dig your way out of with a couple recruitment miracles.. This gives employees the choice to either stay without hope of getting a bonus, or just start to look for new jobs while surviving off the basic salary.. The bonus structure is by and large the reason for the high turnover of staff.

Change the bonus structure and be more cautious when investing in new staff, locations, and renovations..

7. Researcher

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Clear indication of what is expected of you when starting.
    The training is great here.
    Lots of support from seniors.
    Everyone makes new people feel extremely welcomed.
    The culture of the company is unique and the respect between employees is great.
    Learnt so much in such a short period of time.
    Lots of progression for those who work hard.
    A perfect job for anyone really; especially graduates.
    Great rewards.

Cons

Can be long hours, so if looking for 9-5 this isn't the job.

8. "Excellent company with great opportunities to grow"

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (more than a year)

Pros

MMc has been a amazing experience it's definitely like nothing I've done before. Everyone I have met has been really friendly and helpful which has made me feel very welcome.Great training and development provided by my team and other desks, love the company culture and I am very excited to see what the future holds.

Cons

I have no cons to write about

Keep up the great work :-)

A refreshing change compared to my last company!!

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have literally only just joined Morgan McKinley, but already I can see massive potential here in terms of building a career and being successful. The atmosphere is like no other office I have experienced before. It is modern, buzzing and it feels like a proper sales environment, which was lacking massively in my last company. All of the people I have met so far have been have been very easy to talk to and there is always time for jokes and humour. Everyone also appears driven and focused too. The business has good relationships with a number of Financial Services clients and we are inundated with new mandates from these clients at present. The future is looking good.

Cons

None so far that I can tell

The first rung of the career ladder

Current Employee - Candidate Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Candidate Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Being the first step on the career ladder, the prospect of moving to London and starting in the so called “rat-race” was rather daunting. I have had nothing but appreciation for the way I have been welcomed. From the minute I met the team I felt like I was part of it, everybody was very friendly and helpful. After the first day I was in awe with the amount of information I received and was overwhelmed trying to make sense of it all, but after my second day I was able to recognise key bits of information which I feel I am now getting to grips with. I am eager to get my head down and really excel in the team hopefully progressing as quickly as possible, which I feel will be straightforward due to the support I have in the Finance Change & Project Management team.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about this company.

Great chances for career progression, global firm

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (more than a year)

Pros

*Great training and structures in place to develop your career in recruitment
    *Opportunities to move around the world within Morgan McKinley, strong presence in Asia/Far East
    *Positive and friendly environment - don't feel like you are micro managed
    *Corporate and professional working environment

Cons

*More support needs to be given to new members of teams and introduction to other members of different desks in the office. Sometimes there is not enough interaction between teams. This is getting better since the office restructure but more work needs to be done

*Need to show more externally about how great it is to work at Morgan McKinley. Don't think enough people who don't work at Morgan McKinley know enough about the social events we have for our own staff as well as the charity contributions we do