Morgan McKinley Reviews

Updated March 22, 2015
67 reviews filtered by
4.1
Pat Fitzgerald

Pros
  • Career Advancement, Strong Challenging environment, like-minded peers, supportive management team (in 5 reviews)

• Work/life balance is second to none, with a strong emphasis on rewarding outstanding performance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • This is typical of the recruitment industry but maybe more promotion of work/life balance would be beneficial (in 3 reviews)

• Overall a great recruitment company (in 4 reviews)

Poor leadership and short sighted

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hired some good people who made the place what it was

Cons

Poor leadership with no strategic direction. Expected a lot from their employees and gave very little back.

Spend less time micro managing and more time empowering the talent you have within the business. Less knee-jerk reactions and more considered leadership.

2. KPI Clown

Former Employee - Consultant in Tokyo (Japan)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Tokyo (Japan)

I worked at Morgan McKinley

Pros

Competitive Base Salary compared to other recruiting firms in Tokyo

Cons

Too much stupid KPI and they don' value having less clients but concentrated

Someone who is hated by everyone should be let go

Just Okay.

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun, Learning environment, opportunities, some nice people, good business

Cons

Politics, pay, favoritism, informal decision making, benefits

No favoritism.

5. Best company I've worked for, by far!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've just left Morgan McKinley after 20 months as I am off to the country, so leaving the company is no bad reflection on them whatsoever. My time there has been fantastic and I made some really good friends. My leaving drinks was emotional, but only because the people that were there are so damn fun to be around! Much love.

No company is perfect, but Morgan McKinley tries it's best to be. It has big ambitions and it tries it's best to be a market leader and in many areas it is. MMc has a great Operations function, I.e. Marketing, Compliance, Sales Support, IT, etc that is there to make your life as easy as possible.

As a Senior Consultant I was given the freedom to manage my own desk and there was no micro management or overly heavy KPI driven nature.

MMc have a large network of large and small clients across financial services and commerce & industry and they also have a dedicated team of people who manage existing relationships and build new ones with new and existing RPOs. This ensures high levels of jobs coming through the doors.

There is a lot more I could say, but you would be hard pressed to find a better company with sub a nice modern office!

Cons

Blogging is a big part of Morgan McKinley's Marketing scheme to reach out to clients and candidates. I'm not big on the creative writing and I avoided doing this, but I did see some of the junior consultants and ACs stress out at times as they wanted to be able to get on with their job and hit targets, but having to write a blog was distracting them.

Keep up the good work Ger!

6. Great company to work for, encourages individuals to progress, friendly environment. Leadership is great.

I have been working at Morgan McKinley

Pros

I have been at Morgan McKinley for just over 3 months, with no previous experience in recruitment, the training I have received has been invaluable.
    You are given lots of support from day one with clear structures in place to aid your progression.
    Employees are friendly, you really feel welcomed from day one. There is a great social side also with monthly drinks with a bar tab.

Cons

Currently I would not say there are any con's i can think of since I started working at Morgan Mckinley. Recruitment as an industry can be tough - so any con's would be related more to the job rather than the company.

Jan 6, 2015Global Marketing Executive

We appreciate your initial feedback. If and when any concerns do come into play our management team and/or David Leithead would be very open to hearing from you. We are glad to hear the training was ... More

7. Best Choice i ever made! Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (less than a year)

Pros

From day one i was made to feel at home, from being introduced to the teams and sitting down with the director team one by one, it was the best way to start off. As a newbie to the industry i wholly appreciated the huge amount of training sessions on offer. There is a real focus on developing the upcoming stars. If you're new to the industry or even if you're not and are looking to buff up your skills this is the place.

Cons

Cant think of any cons

Jan 6, 2015Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that our management team are always available if you have any concerns or issues within the business. We wish you a successful career in the company.

Energetic, positive and friendly place to work

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Friendly, helpful approachable colleague
    - Good social scene
    - Hard work is rewarded
    - Good work /life balance
    -Excellent training - really good for career changers/people new to recruitment
    -Energetic
    -Very professional

Cons

- There are always KPI's/targets at the back of your mind but that is representative of the job rather than Morgan McKinley

- Keep giving feedback to staff . May employees like knowing how they are getting on, particularly if recruitment is new to them.

9. Not your average recruitment company

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

In all honesty, I've been surprisingly shocked at the level of respect everyone shows each other regardless of status / position in the company. This is such a refreshing trait in a recruitment environment which is generally the exact opposite. The perfect example I have of this is on my 1st or 2nd day when I was at my desk and the COO (Ger Fitzgerald) kindly introduced himself. I felt that was such a nice touch considering his status within the company and really set the tone for how the company and the people within it, carry themselves.

Cons

Would like clear paths for progression outlined with a bit more conviction.

Jan 6, 2015Global Marketing Executive

We really appreciate this feedback, and ensure that we take all feedback (positive and negative) on board. Do not hesitate in contacting David or another member of the management team if you have any ... More

10. Poor vision

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice office and good location

Cons

Poor management, no vision, not hiring locals to senior roles

11. Typical cheap recruitment agency

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's good to see sometimes some direction from the HQ Management, however it doesn't really apply to other markets.

Cons

Lack of support from direct management, it's basically a CV machine which doesn't really care of the candidate follow up, and client management. It's all about billing, billing billing. So if you are looking as a fresh HR graduate to enter the proper world of HR, I would suggest that you move to another agency ( Digby Morgan, Pedersen, Spengler Fox). If you are a real estate agent willing to use the same receipe, but this time with people, jump in.