Morgan McKinley

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014
4.2

Pat Fitzgerald

Pros
  • Career Advancement, Strong Challenging environment, like-minded peers, supportive management team (in 5 reviews)

• Work/life balance is second to none, with a strong emphasis on rewarding outstanding performance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • This is typical of the recruitment industry but maybe more promotion of work/life balance would be beneficial (in 3 reviews)

• Overall a great recruitment company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Best Choice i ever made! Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (less than an year)

Pros

From day one i was made to feel at home, from being introduced to the teams and sitting down with the director team one by one, it was the best way to start off. As a newbie to the industry i wholly appreciated the huge amount of training sessions on offer. There is a real focus on developing the upcoming stars. If you're new to the industry or even if you're not and are looking to buff up your skills this is the place.

Cons

Cant think of any cons

Not your average recruitment company

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

In all honesty, I've been surprisingly shocked at the level of respect everyone shows each other regardless of status / position in the company. This is such a refreshing trait in a recruitment environment which is generally the exact opposite. The perfect example I have of this is on my 1st or 2nd day when I was at my desk and the COO (Ger Fitzgerald) kindly introduced himself. I felt that was such a nice touch considering his status within the company and really set the tone for how the company and the people within it, carry themselves.

Cons

Would like clear paths for progression outlined with a bit more conviction.

Energetic, positive and friendly place to work

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Limerick, Limerick (Ireland)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Friendly, helpful approachable colleague
    - Good social scene
    - Hard work is rewarded
    - Good work /life balance
    -Excellent training - really good for career changers/people new to recruitment
    -Energetic
    -Very professional

Cons

- There are always KPI's/targets at the back of your mind but that is representative of the job rather than Morgan McKinley

- Keep giving feedback to staff . May employees like knowing how they are getting on, particularly if recruitment is new to them.

Poor vision

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice office and good location

Cons

Poor management, no vision, not hiring locals to senior roles

Typical cheap recruitment agency

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's good to see sometimes some direction from the HQ Management, however it doesn't really apply to other markets.

Cons

Lack of support from direct management, it's basically a CV machine which doesn't really care of the candidate follow up, and client management. It's all about billing, billing billing. So if you are looking as a fresh HR graduate to enter the proper world of HR, I would suggest that you move to another agency ( Digby Morgan, Pedersen, Spengler Fox). If you are a real estate agent willing to use the same receipe, but this time with people, jump in.

Best in the Business

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time

Pros

Company values are excellent. Employees are all of the highest caliber both as professionals and as people. Work/life balance is second to none, with a strong emphasis on rewarding outstanding performance.

Cons

The challenge is to emulate each and every other consultant in here which is a difficult task because I am working with the best in the business.

Keep up the good work!

employee

Current Employee - Senior Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Senior Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (less than an year)

Pros

i love this place although its not entirely perfect. i have joined many recruitment companies over the last 10 - 12 years recruitment experience and morgan mckinley is one of the best.

im a senior local hire for almost 1 year..

not sure why some reviews stating it's political or a bad place? i guess we have to manage our own expectations and understand each other point of views.

Cons

as ireland is the hq, more emphasis are given and a lot of initiatives starts from the hq which is quite common. however looking at APAC market and its competitiveness, it's better to kick start some process, implement it in APAC office first.

keep up the good work.

A good recruitment company to work for

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Culture, Values, People, Clear Path and Excellent Leadership at C level

Cons

Hours, Lack of flexibility, Lack of transparency

Working here 4 years now - excellent opportunities for career development & a fun place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I think Morgan McKinley provide their employees with excellent career progression opportunities. The office environment is fun & employees are rewarded well for their achievements. The company is not afraid of change or trying out new ideas/processes. Like any role it is hard work, expectations are high and you are expected to perform but you are encouraged & supported to do this.

Cons

Hours can be long & there is a bit of a culture that this is the norm. This is typical of the recruitment industry but maybe more promotion of work/life balance would be beneficial.

Be mindful not to lose sight of a recruiter's whole performance, don't just focus on the fees. The environment /culture is good at the moment and hopefully this will not change.

too many politics

Current Employee - Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (more than an year)

Pros

nice people in the office and they allow me to work on lots of different jobs. office is in a good location.

Cons

mainly foreigners in management team and so many team meetings and politics in office. everyone talks about each other (including bosses).

have less politics hire more Singaporeans into management