Morgan Properties

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mitchell Morgan

A great company to work for, if they care about your property.

Leasing Professional (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsI love the training Morgan Properties provide at the corporate office. I think the company is a good starting point for leasing professionals.

ConsIf the corporate office doesn't care about the property you are working at, you or the residents won`t get any help with anything you need.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about all properties and your residents.

no communication or collaboration

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthey offer bonus potential that is paid quarterly

Conspay is low by industry standards.
    they will tell you they are a growing company so there will be opportunities for advancement but when the time comes they look outside the company.
    the decision making process for marketing and capital improvements are made in the corporate office without input from the sites so if you like to have professional 'ownership' in the community you manage this is not the place for you.
    there is a lot of rah-rah but there is a disconnect between the decision makers in the corporate offices and the sites.

You are better off working at CVS! Don't Believe ANYTHING they tell you!

Prosmultiple locations throughout east coast

ConsLeasing teams make no money and have to work crazy hours including weekends and holidays. Maintenance are treated like 3rd class citizens. That is if you have enough staff which mostly they are short staffed and management does not care. There is a lot of nonsense that gets passed down from corporate but since they never go to the leasing offices most of what they ask of you does not make any sense. Lots of money wasted on stupid projects and initiatives. Hardly any promotions from within since they hire such inadequate people who are desperate for any job and provide almost no quality training it would be difficult to promote them. Beware of the lies about caring for residents and employees, all they care about is the bottom line and will toss either one on the street if that suits senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people at the properties and pay them more so they will stay and be more productive. Stop coming up with crazy ideas and fix the basics such as better quality of renovations and staff

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with lots of growth potential!

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGrowing left and right. Great company culture. Awesome people. Nice benefits package. They send everyone to their corporate office for training so you feel like a part of the team.

ConsSometimes I had to work weekends. I had one manager who was not great, but that's not a reflection of the whole company- just one bad egg.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the bad ones faster. keep buying more properties for more growth opportunities

Leasing Overview

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) Lansdale, PA

ProsGood sales experience and customer relations. Most offices are small and I was not micromanaged. Opportunity for growth and advancement- they hire within alot. Good work environment and very friendly with surrounding communities and their employees. Great orientation training and plenty of refresher sessions were offered throughout the year.

ConsCommissions did not pay out very much ($25 a lease), however they are currently working to pay out more this year with a sliding scale. Had to work every Saturday and it was very difficult to get off. Work environment could be very stressful at times with resident problems. Hard to find a job outside of Property Management.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease pay and commision for employees. Also hire more people to balance schedules.They will be happier and stay longer in the end.

Cheap

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsGood benefit package. Summer Hours

ConsUpper management prevents opportunity for promotion. They do not very often promote from within. Instead, they like to keep employees at the same level doing the same job, and hire from the outside for higher level jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a little more opportunity for internal growth

Not recommended

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsA lot of work to do, you are never bored
    Many of the lower-level employees are very nice to work with
    You learn about the industry

ConsManagement understaffs the offices and underpays everyone
    No commissions
    Many of the higher level employees are very incompetent
    Management only cares about getting tenants in the door, does not invest any money in run-down properties
    Overworks and underpays its staff

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer commissions to Leasing Staff to provide more incentive to sell
    Invest money in properties to obtain more leases
    Keep the office and mainetance adequately staffed so that employees do not burn out or find better jobs elsewhere

very good company

Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) Hi Nella, NJ

Proscompany managed very well and training is offered and school paid for

Consthey take over a lot of neglected properties

Advice to Senior Managementdo two reviews a year

Employees are Your Primary Resource-Treat Them Well

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

Pros> Exposure to a diverse demography
    > Being able to satisfy the housing needs of prospective residents

Cons> Lack of motivation
    > Absence of Professional
    > Cronyism
    > Inequity

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example and create an atmosphere where employees don't feel that everyday at work can be their last by making frequent references to the bad economy and the wide-scale shortage of jobs

Big Organization With Small Pay

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsLarge company so able to switch to a different position if one opens up.

ConsPay is low compared with other management companies I have worked for. Benefits are expensive.

Worked for Morgan Properties? Contribute to the Community!