Morgan Services

Updated May 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard J. L. Senior

well worth it, i learned a lot

Service Or Branch Manager (Current Employee)

Prosweekly pay check, 401k and health care

Consnot a lot of room to grow

Advice to Senior Managementwork life balance on second shift

Team Spirit

Service Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsVery positive everyday at work. Management really cares . Customer service top priority.

ConsLower salary than the competition. Benefits excellent . No Union atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

Outside sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are good, car allowance could be better.

ConsComp plan not so good.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake-up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging but rewarding

Proscompany cares about employees
    do things the right way

Consneed stronger marketing
    need more technology in marketing and in everyday business

Advice to Senior ManagementMarket

Morgan Service is a great company if you are willing to put the time in to be successful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a significant amount of autonomy that is associated with a management position at Morgan Services. Upper management lets you run the business like it is your own, which is great if you are good at what you do. Unfortunately, there are some managers (mainly former managers) that lack those key skills and do not/did not have the success that they or their direct supervisors would have hoped for. Morgan Services treats all new employees from Service Reps and up to an all expensed paid week in Chicago that includes meeting the owner and corporate personnel that makes you feel like part of the Morgan family as you learn about the company. It really is a great company if your work under good people and are willing to do what it takes to be successful (I was fortunate in this area, which kept me with the company for so long). Ultimately, this company has been a privately owned business for 128 years, where the owner cares about the owner and even calls the Service Reps. to thank them for the success they have had on their perspective routes.

ConsDue to the slim management hierarchy (Could be a pro in many organizations), there is little room for advancement opportunities for those talent high achieving employees. There are very few yearly pay raises that can be somewhat self-defeating when performing at a high level and seeing only small increases for high performance.

Sometime you have individual that have worked for Morgan Services for long time and just go through the motions and are not willing to put in the extra work. They are happy being just average employees and I find that to be disconcerting. Management at all levels should not allow.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and try to find opportunities to promote within when applicable when the employees have been successful in their current roles or they may find other opportunities that allow for continued career growth for top performers.

Not what I was hired for.

Service Supervisor (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsFriendly atmosphere, direct contact with company's upper tier business professionals. Paid travel when using your own vehicle. Bucket bonus system after 1 year. Very little micromanaging. A good workout if you're planning to do delivery (which is also part sales).

ConsHired for one position, but never given opportunity to do that job. Instead, due to extreme shortage and 50% of their delivery drivers quitting or injured, forced to work back to back to back to back (4 weeks) of 12+ hour days, as salary...while normal/seasoned delivery drivers were denied overtime.

Former service supervisor was being moved to a sales position and rushed 'training' and often lengthening our days by several hours. Difficult to encourage add-on sales for the delivery drivers when they're picking up the slack of several other workers.

Online description says 20-50lbs carry, pull, lift....it is often exponentially higher (soiled linen from many restaurants easily passes 70lbs per bag, often 5-10 bags per trip).

Advice to Senior ManagementMore delivery drivers, balanced routes, and more overtime pay. Dont deny overtime opportunities and rely on salary supervisors to full encompass delivery role and supervisor. If the company is happy and the customers are happy, shouldnt the workers be as well?

Too much work for low wages.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsHard-working drivers, I mean "Service Reps."

ConsOne year the branch I worked at topped our sales goals and after the pay-out was made, the former GM at the Los Angeles plant put an end to awarding service reps for topping goals. Too many managers have college degrees but cannot do the jobs of those whom they manage. Service reps are told to hurry up and get the job done but are told not to put in for overtime for doing 10-11 hours and just list 8 hours only.

Advice to Senior ManagementRichard, your managers have driven away a lot of good people. Service reps who point out how the company is losing money and how that can be fixed are called problem makers.

Awesome career

Service Representative (Former Employee) National City, CA

ProsGreat people, opportunity for short work days once you get the hang of it

ConsEarly hours, a couple bad trucks

Fair experience with a different kind of company, one that is a little out of touch with todays market

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsGood benefits package
    No week end work, consistent weekly hours
    Standard rules to follow with regular feed back from managers

ConsGoals seem to change every year, one year "get more from your current people with no hiring", the next year "hire all the people you can and kick butt"
    Promises of bonuses come true in other parts of the country, but not here if your area isn't profitable
    Corporate suggestions are usually along the owner's party line, not necessarily in line with market conditions

Advice to Senior ManagementLet unprofitable areas grow as fast as possible to get to profitability faster, then weed out the worst accounts

Great place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsBeen around a long time, great people, they care about you as an employee

ConsBuilding is a little old

Worked for Morgan Services? Contribute to the Community!