Morgan Sindall

Morgan Sindall Reviews

Updated May 6, 2014

Morgan Sindall Executive Chairman John C. Morgan

John C. Morgan

Good company to work for - As with many others it could do with better communication.

Procurement (Former Employee) Rugby, England (UK)

ProsA variety of aspects in the day-to-day job, no two days were the same.

Staff, all very friendly and willing to help out

In my year at Morgan Sindall i worked in 7 different office and on 4 different sites (working in: tunneling, rail, construction, highways, utilities, energy, aviation). This provided me with a good range of experience and meant that i got to know many different people (always good to have connections). All traveling expenses to and from offices/sites that aren't the employees base location are covered by MS.

Get 'thrown-in' right from the start and given responsibility.

ConsAlthough people are happy to help, many have too much work on.

Main negative is communication between departments, i did some work with the supply chain team which falls under the procurement department; when changes were made very few people were informed. There weren't enough emails/flyers going around the company informing departments of changes or what other departments were doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication.
    Unless the employee is directly involved in a project he/she seemed to know nothing about it. When changes are made in one department they will effect others, this was poorly communicated, i.e. changes to the supply chain will (at a minimum) effect the site, accounts and procurement teams.

Excellent company with great training offered

Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee) Ipswich, England (UK)

ProsGood atmosphere, attention to detail, good career prospects, good rates of pay

ConsI have to adverse comments to say about Morgan Sindall to date. If forced for an answer the only thing I can think of is that the company tends to focus of smaller projects more than large ones.

A brilliant place to work

Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsCohesive and driven finance team

ConsNot many opportunities exist within the finance team

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for, senior management should be more accessible for middle managers though

Project Engineer (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosgood company for a beginning of a career, helps you obtaining your chartership. Some of its employees are really committed and great to work with. Large projects particularly in a few sectors where Morgan Sindall is especially experienced.

ConsDifficult to progress inside the company. Salary reviews hardly ever happen and performance reviews are pretty much based on the relationship you have with your direct manager rather than on realistic indicators.

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonal relationships are key

Worked for Morgan Sindall? Contribute to the Community!