Morgan and Morgan

Updated Feb 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Morgan

It was an overall good experience. Once you get passed your 90 days, training dept starts to give you more freedom.

Intake Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Morgan and Morgan full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat coworkers, learned a lot about state laws, happy hours

ConsHeavy micromanagement from supervisors if you're an intake.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen the reins on employees a little bit more.

Worked there to pay the bills, nothing more

Intake (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Morgan and Morgan full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAfter learning curve, place becomes stable. Never massive layoffs. Holidays and happy hours (though those arent as often as they used to be).

ConsManagement hires inexperienced people so they can pay less, and continue to pay less when you do have the experience

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more, stop being cheap,

Frustrating. Lack of job potential.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Morgan and Morgan

ProsGood benefits. One of the best health plans from what I researched. I probably would have stayed if I could stand working there.

ConsIt was clear that management had no path for me to rise through the company. My boss would micromanage everything and it made work difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the concerns of the employees. Focus more on the benefits to employees, because they are the heart of the company.

Does not value their human capital.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Morgan and Morgan full-time

ProsUnfortunately, there are not very many positive reasons to work for Morgan & Morgan. The firm has great diversity and the people are great to work with.

ConsThe firm does not offer competitive compensation and benefits. The firm's culture and values are not conducive for a professional services organization. Does not offer a work life/balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the ideas and perspectives of employees.

It's all about a catchy slogan...

Orlando, FL

I have been working at Morgan and Morgan full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFree company activities. Certain departments offer 24/7 shifts since the firm is always open. The firm has many locations throughout Florida and other states.

ConsThis place is filled with incompetence. Forget about being promoted, many positions are dead ends and the pay scale is a joke. They know how to criticize their employees and fire them at a drop of a hat if they don't meet the quotas. There is no effective training program. If you make a mistake, you're fired. If you try and suggest something, you are putting a target on your back. Client complaints are extremely high because they sign up way too many cases for people to handle in a timely fashion.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better. If it weren't for all of us busting our butts everyday, you wouldn't be in business. Start hiring people with an actual education and strong backgrounds. I understand that you have to pay people higher salaries if they are educated, but in the end, you will have more positive outcomes. Promotions in certain departments are necessary in order to keep your employees interested in their jobs. Train your employees on the laws in Florida so they can effectively communicate with the clients.

Not for the employee

I have been working at Morgan and Morgan full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFellow co-workers are good people.

ConsThe pay is low compared to other law firms. For a law firm that claims to be "for the people" you will struggle to make a living wage. It makes me laugh every time I here a John Morgan commercial talking about how he was a strong union member when he worked for bellsouth. It is nothing more than any other corporation where the people on the top make lots and lots of money and they make their employees work harder and harder every year for what comes out to be less pay and less benefits. You fear for your job because your always treated as replaceable and lucky to have a job. You either have to be related or doing some other things to get promoted instead of being the most qualified.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop emulating the corporations that you claim to be against instead of claiming to be 'for the people" and start treating your employees as your slogan says. if an employee dosnt feel your "for them" they are not going to treat the clients as "for the people". Stop trying to take over the personal injury business all over the country and pay your employees a fair salary and go back to the good benefits we all once had which made up for the poor salary. A pick up in employment will be this company's worst nightmare because a lot of good talented people will leave since were not treated any different than a Insurance company would except we will get better pay and benefits.

Organized company that plays favorites

Pre-Suit Secretary (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Morgan and Morgan full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company seemed pretty organized. They had software made for law firms to keep track of your "to do's". They had a well run mail room. They celebrated birthdays once a month and provided lunch every once in a while for the employees.

ConsThe company was very fast paced, so if you couldn't keep up, you were out of a job. They definitely played favorites. They would move people around to different positions within the company and hire someone new, then let the new person go if that other person wanted to come back to that position. The person in HR liked having the control she was given. However, the partners of the company did not always agree and did not get along with HR causing the employees to sometimes get screwed over.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better training and understanding of what it expected of a new employee. Don't play favorites!

For the people's money and NOT for the employees at all

Pre-suit Secretary (Former Employee)
Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Morgan and Morgan full-time for less than a year

Prosnone. I guess getting a new job was a pro.

ConsI was paid $10 an hour.
HR was an ice cold succubus.
Constant fear of being fired.
Having to ask HR permission to do anything--go home sick. etc.She had to "approve" you. I'm sorry, but at 25 years old I think I know when I'm too sick to work.
The attorneys get richer and the pre-suits/receptionists were losing everything trying to put food on the table. John Morgan always boasts how he's for the people, but couldn't even take care of his own employees. Very sick and very sad.
Rarely do they promote from within and if they do, you will probably be sabotaged rather than trained. I saw this happen multiple times.
Every payday people get fired. Most stressful and unhappy workplace ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy don't you maybe pay your employees living wages? My daughters daycare was one full paycheck. As soon as I got hired here I started looking for another job.

Worked for Morgan and Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan and Morgan reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morgan and Morgan CEO John Morgan. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Morgan and Morgan employees.