MorganFranklin Consulting

MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

MorganFranklin Consulting Chief Executive Officer C.E. Andrews

C.E. Andrews

Most times exhausting, sometimes laidback due to lack of process

Manager (Current Employee)

Prosthere arent as many rules at you would find in a big 4 company, so making it from associate to senior is a breeze as the HR review process is really non-existent and its no skin-off a MD's back to give you a 5k raise.

sometimes the lack of procedure is great. we dont have a good system of doing reviews or anything you would expect from a large, established company. So its great if you dont like administrative paperwork.

people like the CEO.

Consthis company, much like others in the area sell work to clients that they have a complete inability to perform on the actual project. people are proposed on projects because they are living and breathing and not on another job. it is the job of upper management to damage control rather than to actually help clients push forward. the less than 15% of MFC people that actually know what they are doing are relied upon to stop the 85% from ruining the reputation of the company.

good luck if you are unbillable for a period of time. the people in charge of staffing will ensure you feel terrible about yourself and give you value added tasks such making copies or printing presentations and making you feel unsure if they will still keep you. imagine someone walking around the office and asking you everyday "what are you working on?"

some key leaders will walk right past you and not acknowledge your existence. it doesnt matter if they interviewed you two weeks ago and your entire department is less than 10 people.

Advice to Senior Managementaccept that you dont do alot of things right, listen to your key employees and actually have actions result from it. dont let us accidentally see that our revenue is doing very well and then blindside us with statements about the "economy" to justify raises that are less than inflation.

decent company but middle management (sr. manager/director) are extremely incompetent

Senior Manager (Former Employee)

Pros-decent pay
    -decent benefits
    -well organized firm
    -very progressive
    -invest in thier employees if you ask
    -Excellent ownership / top leadership

Cons-A few of the MDs are extremely incompetent (Most are very good however)
    -Sr. Manager level and Director levels are very weak
    -Upper management is blind to truly who performs best at client sites vs. those who do not
    -Promotions are blatently unfairly given and much nepotism
    -Many people there have extremely large egos and too large given MFC is only a regional firm (barely Tier III level consulting firm)
    -They are very cheap with raises, bonuses, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aware of true performance and hire more effectively. The owners are true leaders but the attrition is high due to middle management performance.

Great place to work

Proscompetitive compensation
    friendly environment
    training opportunities
    competitive benefits

Conslong time than initially stated to get promotions or recognition

Advice to Senior ManagementClearly define promotional criteria during interview phase

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MorganFranklin provides incredible opportunities to work with top tier clients to solve their toughest challenges.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsPros of working at MorganFranklin include:
    - The culture - entrepreneurial, collaborative, down-to-earth

- The people - MorganFranklin employees come from the Big Four, other top-notch consultancies, and/or with substantial industry experience. Consultants at MorganFranklin are experienced - we give our clients more experience for their money than most consulting firms

- Caliber of clients and project work - Work with many of the same clients as top strategy and process improvement consulting firms. Nature of project work is also on par with other big-name consultancies

- Staffing model - Perfect for those of us who want to spend most of our time in the DC area. The structure and staffing model is regional, which minimizes the need for weekly travel. We work primarily with multi-national companies and have a London based office which presents international project opportunities for those interested.

- Ability to make a signficant impact - MorganFranklin encourages and supports employees at all levels of the organization in making a real impact in the company's direction and performance. This includes thought leadership, internal process improvement initiatives (so that we practice what we preach to our clients), practice strategy, and business development.

ConsSeveral areas of our practice are in process of maturing - this also provides opportunities to contribute and to make a difference to the success of the company

Your typical government body shop.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay and benefits were fine

ConsUpper management has more ego than skill and while they talk a lot about work-life balance and ethics, it's only talk. When it comes down to it they just want to line their pockets by exploiting both workers and customers. Unfortunately that's not uncommon in the government contractor space.

Part of Something Special

(Current Employee)

Proshigh quality professionals who care about their work and clients. Company always seems to be looking for a better way to do things. Especially over the last few years it feels like there is a lot of opportunity to get involved in makign the business better, working on internal projects, suggesting ideas and being given the flexibiity to see them through. I'd say we have gotten bigger, but it still feels like there is a lot of energy and appetite to do things differently. That said, we are still not huge and with that comes some hiccups in some areas. Great place for someone who wants to feel like they can have a big impact in growing the business. Maybe not so great for someone looking for a really big company that has everything figured out perfectly. But that typically means your a number. I am happy here and believe that there is a long term career at MorganFranklin.

ConsWould like to see more investment into training. We are doing a lot more here which is great. Teams often work off site and don't get the chance to network with peers enough. The company does some great events for employees but encouraging more informal activities would be a recommendation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the changes that are focused on aligning the business with customer needs. The investment in training has improved and I'd like to see this continue. I hear a lot of good things about what is going on in the company randomly. We need to find a way to share this more with everyone so they can get excited for what the company is doing.

Morgan Franklin Review

ProsBenefits were good, professional development funds were good, and the offices are very pretty.

ConsA bit if sexism, not too terrible, but many people leave the company before their 2 year mark. Turn over is VERY high. Upper management hires their incompetent freinds, who would never be hired at that level ANYWHERE. They are paid well, but upper management is hired without having the right experience to lead teams. Their review policy is a joke. Most reviews given by managers are late and unsubstantiated is almost as if the managers are scared to give yearly reviews and are hoping that you'll forget about it and it will go away.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire competent managers, so turnover rate won't stay so high.

Worked for MorganFranklin Consulting? Contribute to the Community!