MorganFranklin Consulting

Updated November 5, 2014
4.2

MorganFranklin Consulting Chief Executive Officer C.E. Andrews
C.E. Andrews

Pros
  • Good salary and work life balance is the best (in 4 reviews)

• Work Culture, Quality of peers , Big 4 strategy and focus with advantage of being in small size company (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The firm sold me on work life balance, than had me placed on a project requiring travel 5 nights a week and 11 billable hours a day (in 5 reviews)

• The senior management to staff ratio was very low (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

22 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

What you need to succeed

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

SY Consultant. MFC delivers on what they promise to potential new employees - culture and great people. Vast array of projects to gain great experiences. Above market benefits. Go small, less bureaucracy. Outlook looks promising.

Cons

Depending on project, may work substantial hours. This is to be expected for any consulting environment.

Keep putting employees first and customer satisfaction will continue to increase.

Good people, selfish management

Former Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and open door policy if you want to discuss with the MDs if you are in the office. There are a few MDs that care, but a majority of them don't.

Cons

No work-life balance, personal growth is low and they do not care about the people they just care if you are billable and they like to run up the clients bill. If you put in a two week notice they will roll you off the project right away and move your exit interview up and not pay you out for the rest of your notice.

Give the respect to all levels not just the peers at your level

Size matters

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Great people
    - Dynamic atmosphere
    - Early responsibility
    - Engaged Leadership
    - Expanding client list
    - Extensive room for growth
    - Ability to own your career

Cons

- If you are a wallflower do not look here. MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers. You set the compass heading. You are the determinant of your own path.
    - Base pay is lower than most and promotion is the primary way you get increases. Moreover, they pack a lot of punch into their incentive system. This is a boon for some and a bust for others.

C.E. Andrews is making the right decisions for the growth of the company. Keep it up and add more happy hours. As you expand make sure to share this with people looking to find new opportunities in cities that do not have the oppressive cost of living that the DC Metro area has.

Understands value in investing in their employees now and into the future

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

MorganFranklin really is a family-feel environment, which was really refreshing to me coming from such a large international company where I felt lost in the numbers of employees. I wasn't even actively looking for new opportunities before I joined the team but I was blown away by how professional, sincere, and honest everyone was during the interview process. The people here truly believe in their quality of work products. It's exciting to be a part of a growing company and also knowing that you’re playing a role in contributing to that bigger, brighter future that executive leadership is building.

They truly see the value in investing in their employees by offering education, training, and certification assistance. There's growth at every level here and because they focus heavily on personal performance it's up to yourself if and when you want to reach for that next step.

Cons

Any role at the company is challenging - you have to want to work hard and you have to want to challenge yourself in order to succeed.

Keep the open communication - letting your employees know what's going on (or what's not going on) helps continue to build the team environment.

Fantastic Opportunity

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sharp colleagues, entrepreneurial spirit, high-touch experience from your first day.

If you see a need, you are encouraged to help lead the effort for improvement. The rewards and recognition programs encourage innovation and strong values, not just business gains.

The company does the right thing for it's employees and is extremely generous with it's benefit programs. In addition access to Sr. Leadership is the best in the business.

Cons

Not for wall-flowers or those who want rewards without working hard.

MorganFranklin Consulting Response

Jul 2, 2014Chief HR Officer

Thanks very much for posting such a wonderful review. I am thrilled that you are enjoying your experience at MorganFranklin. You point out a number of our strengths. One point in particular catches ... More

Great Opportunities for Professional Development

Current Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

MorganFranklin has given me the opportunity to grow professionally moreso than other firms I have worked for by providing technical training, allowing me to attend conferences/workshops, and encouraging internal mentor/mentee relationships. I'm very proud to say that my growth was recognized with a promotion at my most recent annual review.

In my senior associate level role, I feel that I'm compensated fairly. In addition to competitive salaries and yearly bonus opportunities, MorganFranklin rewards employees with real-time rewards (I earned a giftcard for my above and beyond efforts on a particular project), top-notch events (such as the Holiday Party this year, which was hosted at Union Station in Washington, D.C.) and a long list of HR benefits.

The biggest cultural difference between MorganFranklin and other firms is that individuals at all levels are encouraged to share their ideas with leadership and collaborate with eachother to solve complex challenges--a true open door policy. I feel very comfortable walking into the offices of executive team members to discuss new ideas on how to approach projects.

Cons

MorganFranklin recently underwent a divestiture and organizational restructure within the past two years. We are approaching this change with a strategic roadmap for growth, which always has pitfalls, sucesses, and lessons-learned.

To be successful in this environment, you have to be flexible and adapt to shifting sands. Without change, there is no innovation. A challenge is only an opportunity for greatness.

Excellent work culture, great people to work with

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work Culture, Quality of peers , Big 4 strategy and focus with advantage of being in small size company.

Cons

Small company, Not many big name clients, not many clients in across the globe.

Keep doing what you are doing, you have good long term vision.

MorganFranklin Consulting Response

Jul 15, 2014Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your feedback! I'm so glad you value one of our biggest and best differentiators--our ability to offer the best of a larger company along with the best of a smaller company. I encourage ... More

Underrated Experience. Firm over sells and under performs

Former Employee - Consulting Manager in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Consulting Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment with a young vibe. Good benefits and above market compensation. Tries to be different. Easily accessible office location in Tyson's corner.

Cons

The firm does not set you up for success, but throws you in to billable projects with no alignment to your background and experience. The firm over sells on projects, and expects the available resources to figure it out, even if they aren't the right resources. The firm sold me on work life balance, than had me placed on a project requiring travel 5 nights a week and 11 billable hours a day.

Be more honest during interviews about what work life balance means to MFC. It's ok to throw your consultants in, but set them up to succeed.

Fast rising company, work/life balance and compensation are above average.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in work schedule, company promotes health & wellness, senior leaders have "open door" policy.

Cons

Some cliques within the company, few advancement opportunities, their name on your resume adds little value.

Great people, interesting and challenging work, great growth opportunity

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is an entrepreneurial environment where you can really make an impact and both see the fruits of your labors and be rewarded for your efforts. I appreciate that there is a lot of variety in the work and opportunity to become involved in different types of projects-- it keeps me from becoming pigeon-holed in my career and it keeps me challenged. I've worked for two different execs in the time that I've been here and both have been great mentors and advocates for my professional development. It's a very positive, collaborative culture-- I feel like the people I work with take pride in the work we do together and feel a sense of accomplishment in delivering great work that helps our clients and helps the firm to grow.

I work hard, but the hours and work load are sustainable and I have the flexibility I need to make it fit with my personal demands. The firm has a strong pay for performance philosophy and I've been very pleased at the way I've been able to impact my compensation in the time I've been here.

All jobs have their ups and downs, but I love working here.

Cons

There have been a lot of changes in the firm in the five years that I've been here. On the one hand it's a testament to their openness to find better ways of doing things, and on the other it requires a real ability to go with the flow and navigate sometimes murky territory while they're hammering out the details.

MorganFranklin Consulting Photos