MorganFranklin Consulting
www.morganfranklin.com McLean, VA 150 to 499 Employees

MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2014
MorganFranklin Consulting – McLean – “Welcome to MorganFranklin Consulting”

MorganFranklin Consulting Chief Executive Officer C.E. Andrews

C.E. Andrews

Excellent work culture, great people to work with

Manager (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

ProsWork Culture, Quality of peers , Big 4 strategy and focus with advantage of being in small size company.

ConsSmall company, Not many big name clients, not many clients in across the globe.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, you have good long term vision.

Has potential, but fails to offer true opportunity to it's employees.

Consulting Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

ProsSmall business with the latitude to work across multiple business groups and accounts which offers experience that is not readily available in a large company. There are pillars of excellence led by very talented and motivated professionals in leading business performance for clients.

ConsCompany is led by a group of long time friends which at times are not motivated to inspire and offer opportunity to motivated employees to do more. Potential for unfair and not equal employment practices; corporate values and culture are other than what senior management live by. An "open door" policy is openly offered by corporate management, but found this to be less than advertised with potential for reprisal.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the past MFC had been an up and coming small business, probably about time to sell the other side of the business before all the good people leave.

Was ok

Satellite Tech (Former Employee)
West Chicago, IL

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for less than a year

ProsSmall group of 4 people in the West Chicago Office. They were all friendly and very relaxed.

ConsWas hired for my iDirect/Satellite tech experience but ended up cleaning the building, installing new carpet and desks in a very large room. They also wanted me to fabricate new structures on their vehicles and were not willing to actually teach me how. Lack of any real management or training.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not hire someone for the TECH experience and then have them become a carpenter, janitor, and a fabricator and unwilling to train them in those fields. I lost a lot of money moving to the area only to be let go after 2 months without an explanation.

Disappointing

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

ProsThey do have a lot of company sponsored happy hours and their PTO is decent. Commercial side seems to have better projects and more competent leadership.

ConsTraining is hard to come by. I wanted to take a proposal writing course from outside vendor and was told the firm was going to offer something. I never saw any firm wide training offered for proposals during my tenure. Also, the federal sector doesn't have a ton of projects to chose from. Directors in the federal space are conniving and blatantly take credit for business develop activities they don't do.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep you directors in check. Find out who really does what on your contracts. Show up on customer site and talk to the clients! Stop bringing 'BIG 4' practices to the firm. Don't say we offer a work life balance and then punish your employees during review time for not doing enough for the firm! It's not fair to compare a person who is highly billable and does what they can for proposals to someone who has a lot of down time during the year to work on proposals and other firm activities. Of course that person that isn't billable can spend more of their time working on proposals. They aren't generating any revenue!!

Going down hill fast

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits are not too bad

ConsThis company was great when I first started however in the last year it has started to tank.
Horrible Management
Federal side has employees who are too comfortable and refuse to increase the quality of work for the client (even though it is required by contract)
Quality of work is sub par

Advice to Senior ManagementHire employees who are earger to work hard

Good people, bad management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPeople: consultants and line staff were talented
Company Spirit: Very strong company spirit and great events to make everyone feel like they were part of something greater

ConsLeadership: The management was extremely bloated. The senior management to staff ratio was very low. There were several abusive managers who were not held in check by the executives or HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the large number of Directors and Senior Managers.

Incompetent Managers and No growth potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

ProsCompany promotes health and wellness

ConsSexist workplace, Firm sells work life balance but does not support it when you ask for it, Make a mistake and it follows you for the rest of your career, Raises are crap so negotiate your base salary, Managers hoard information and do not help you do your job well, Managers are incompetent to help you grow, Very few career growth opportunities, Very very high turnover rate because work and managers suck, Employees with CPAs and technical competence are not valued, Technical competence does not matter for promotions, Only Business development matters for promotion, Review process is a joke, Managers don't provide regular reviews and hope that you forget about them

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees concerns, Match what you sold to them, Hire and promote competent managers

Fast rising company, work/life balance and compensation are above average.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexibility in work schedule, company promotes health & wellness, senior leaders have "open door" policy.

ConsSome cliques within the company, few advancement opportunities, their name on your resume adds little value.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great people, interesting and challenging work, great growth opportunity

Manager (Current Employee)
McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThis is an entrepreneurial environment where you can really make an impact and both see the fruits of your labors and be rewarded for your efforts. I appreciate that there is a lot of variety in the work and opportunity to become involved in different types of projects-- it keeps me from becoming pigeon-holed in my career and it keeps me challenged. I've worked for two different execs in the time that I've been here and both have been great mentors and advocates for my professional development. It's a very positive, collaborative culture-- I feel like the people I work with take pride in the work we do together and feel a sense of accomplishment in delivering great work that helps our clients and helps the firm to grow.

I work hard, but the hours and work load are sustainable and I have the flexibility I need to make it fit with my personal demands. The firm has a strong pay for performance philosophy and I've been very pleased at the way I've been able to impact my compensation in the time I've been here.

All jobs have their ups and downs, but I love working here.

ConsThere have been a lot of changes in the firm in the five years that I've been here. On the one hand it's a testament to their openness to find better ways of doing things, and on the other it requires a real ability to go with the flow and navigate sometimes murky territory while they're hammering out the details.

Good place to work

Senior IT Audit Associate (Former Employee)

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTheir employee review is thorough and developed to grow the employees career goals.
Good management, always present to assist you and work with you where they can
Challenging client work

ConsCreate more opportunities for an employee to move from one practice to another

Worked for MorganFranklin Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

MorganFranklin Consulting Videos

MorganFranklin Consulting – Why Work for Us?

About MorganFranklin MorganFranklin Consulting is an execution-oriented business consulting and technology solutions firm. We deliver financial management, performance improvement, and technology enablement solutions to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MorganFranklin Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MorganFranklin Consulting CEO C.E. Andrews. All 38 reviews posted anonymously by MorganFranklin Consulting employees.