MorganFranklin Consulting

MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

MorganFranklin Consulting Chief Executive Officer C.E. Andrews

C.E. Andrews

My experience at MorganFranklin has been very positive.

ProsSmall company atmosphere with many opportunities for communication to Executives.

ConsI do see a change evolving over the past 1/2 year that is impacting employee morale very negatively. Many people who joined the firm were told that an advantage of MFC was less travel. Not so true anymore. So..HR change your pitch please. Also, the talent is limited in numbers therefore employees who are sold as full-time are really working on multiple clients. Not truthful and not exceeding client expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest regarding the travel. Do not oversell employees. If you sell someone full time make them available to that client full-time.

MFC was highly recommended to me, and I will pay that forward to you

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsTo start, the company and position came to me highly recommended from various business and personal contacts. That, to me, was already a positive sign that I was heading in the right direction by pursuing a position here. The entrepreneurial culture of the firm is evident in that there are a ton of big 4 alum here so a lot of us are cut from the same cloth and have been there/done that with being a small fish in a big ocean. Not the case here. People are highly encouraged to ask to be assigned to new projects and dip their hands in various initiatives across the firm. The advantage of a firm this size is that you can essentially know everyone here to some degree and get exposure to levels of talent you wouldn't at a larger firm.

The people here are genuinely happy to be here and the office vibe is pleasant. People work hard, but they also value family as is evident with the work-life balance. The firm also goes out of the way to make new people feel welcome. There are ample opportunities to meet members of firm leadership whether at Happy Hours or other firm sponsored events.

I look forward to recruiting buddies from my past employer to come on board here and join the MFC team.

ConsNone yet. So far so good.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Jul 15, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! I am so pleased that you are having a great experience at MFC so far. Successful onboarding is critical to happiness at a new employer, so please let me ... More

Understands value in investing in their employees now and into the future

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsMorganFranklin really is a family-feel environment, which was really refreshing to me coming from such a large international company where I felt lost in the numbers of employees. I wasn't even actively looking for new opportunities before I joined the team but I was blown away by how professional, sincere, and honest everyone was during the interview process. The people here truly believe in their quality of work products. It's exciting to be a part of a growing company and also knowing that you’re playing a role in contributing to that bigger, brighter future that executive leadership is building.

They truly see the value in investing in their employees by offering education, training, and certification assistance. There's growth at every level here and because they focus heavily on personal performance it's up to yourself if and when you want to reach for that next step.

ConsAny role at the company is challenging - you have to want to work hard and you have to want to challenge yourself in order to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the open communication - letting your employees know what's going on (or what's not going on) helps continue to build the team environment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits. Very entrepreneurial. You get experiences to be a well rounded consultant.

ConsOngoing training is nonexistent. You will most likely travel a lot during your time there.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep expanding and listening to the needs of your employees.

Jul 2, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. You hit on three pros that we take pride in and I am very pleased that was your experience.

I regret that you didn't feel there were
    ... More

Fantastic Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsSharp colleagues, entrepreneurial spirit, high-touch experience from your first day.

If you see a need, you are encouraged to help lead the effort for improvement. The rewards and recognition programs encourage innovation and strong values, not just business gains.

The company does the right thing for it's employees and is extremely generous with it's benefit programs. In addition access to Sr. Leadership is the best in the business.

ConsNot for wall-flowers or those who want rewards without working hard.

Jul 2, 2014

Thanks very much for posting such a wonderful review. I am thrilled that you are enjoying your experience at MorganFranklin. You point out a number of our strengths. One point in particular catches ... More

Great Opportunities for Professional Development

Senior Associate (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsMorganFranklin has given me the opportunity to grow professionally moreso than other firms I have worked for by providing technical training, allowing me to attend conferences/workshops, and encouraging internal mentor/mentee relationships. I'm very proud to say that my growth was recognized with a promotion at my most recent annual review.

In my senior associate level role, I feel that I'm compensated fairly. In addition to competitive salaries and yearly bonus opportunities, MorganFranklin rewards employees with real-time rewards (I earned a giftcard for my above and beyond efforts on a particular project), top-notch events (such as the Holiday Party this year, which was hosted at Union Station in Washington, D.C.) and a long list of HR benefits.

The biggest cultural difference between MorganFranklin and other firms is that individuals at all levels are encouraged to share their ideas with leadership and collaborate with eachother to solve complex challenges--a true open door policy. I feel very comfortable walking into the offices of executive team members to discuss new ideas on how to approach projects.

ConsMorganFranklin recently underwent a divestiture and organizational restructure within the past two years. We are approaching this change with a strategic roadmap for growth, which always has pitfalls, sucesses, and lessons-learned.

To be successful in this environment, you have to be flexible and adapt to shifting sands. Without change, there is no innovation. A challenge is only an opportunity for greatness.

Awesome

Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat mid-size firm that plays in the market with the Big 4 but doesn't come with the extra "work." Only work on what matters - client service and business development

ConsSmaller firm, opportunities for promotion only available if contract available. Can't carry the overhead. Management also tends to hand-pick who they want to promote

Jul 15, 2014

Thanks very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am so glad you think MFC is an awesome place to work. Could I entice you to give me a call to talk about our promotion process? I'd ... More

Great Company to work for!

INTEL SME (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsTop notch salary, concierge service, bosses seem to care about their employees. Quarterly wellness spas at the office! The cookouts were amazing. Benefits were the best I have ever had. I would go back to work for them in a second.

ConsThey sold our division. I had to go work for Lockheed Martin. Even though they sold us, they did do their best to make sure we were taken care of by the new company and did everything they could to make the transition easy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey seem to know what they are doing.

Jul 2, 2014

Thanks for your wonderful post, especially 18 months after the divestiture. It was very important to the MFC leaders to ensure the employees in the divested division were taken care of. It was so ... More

Underrated Experience. Firm over sells and under performs

Consulting Manager (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsEntrepreneurial environment with a young vibe. Good benefits and above market compensation. Tries to be different. Easily accessible office location in Tyson's corner.

ConsThe firm does not set you up for success, but throws you in to billable projects with no alignment to your background and experience. The firm over sells on projects, and expects the available resources to figure it out, even if they aren't the right resources. The firm sold me on work life balance, than had me placed on a project requiring travel 5 nights a week and 11 billable hours a day.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more honest during interviews about what work life balance means to MFC. It's ok to throw your consultants in, but set them up to succeed.

Poor working environment in the London office. Autocratic managing director(s) - dictatorship management style

(Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood salary and work life balance is the best. This is due to a lack of client work

Cons- Poor management team in the London office
    - Morale is very low in the office. Staff do not respect or want to work for the UK managing director(s) who rule the office in a dictatorship management style
    - Many people have resigned or have been fired since the new leadership team has been appointed. Currently there are under 10 full time staff, with only a handful of full time consultants left (around 4)
    - Lack of client work and sales pipeline is unrealistic. Few upcoming client prospects

Advice to Senior Management- Adopt a more friendly approach to encourage and motivate staff

Worked for MorganFranklin Consulting? Contribute to the Community!