MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews

55 reviews filtered by
3.6
MorganFranklin Consulting Chief Executive Officer C.E. Andrews
C.E. Andrews

Pros
  • Good salary and work life balance is the best (in 4 reviews)

• Work Culture, Quality of peers , Big 4 strategy and focus with advantage of being in small size company (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The firm sold me on work life balance, than had me placed on a project requiring travel 5 nights a week and 11 billable hours a day (in 5 reviews)

• The senior management to staff ratio was very low (in 4 reviews)

1. New Employee

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very positive experience at MorganFranklin so far. The people that I have met are friendly and intelligent. Senior management has an open door policy.

Cons

There might be an over emphasis on MF's small size relative to its larger and more well known competitors.

2. My career opportunities have been both challenging and rewarding.

Current Employee - Manager in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting

Pros

Work/life balance, clientele, culture, technology

Cons

Salary, administrative tasks, too many and too frequent reviews, significant delay obtaining review feedback

Implement flex-schedules

3. Great Company to build upon client service background.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, and everyone brings a variety of useful skill sets that are an advantage on any client engagement. Hard work, but I can honestly say that I have learned and grown as a Senior Consultant. They truly prepare you for advancement, and if you take the initiative to put in the time and effort, your hard work will pay off with employee advancement. At least, I hope so as I hope be offered a promotion in the future.

Cons

Not enough Training and other documentation. Also with the amount of hours work thoughout the year they have a very weak holiday and PTO.

Institute a 360 degree Performance Review process. Also, seek the opinions of other individuals other than just the Senior Manager. This will prevent any ratings based on personal opinions. Including a chance for the Reviewed to rate their Reviewer gives the individual an opportunity to explain any comments/ratings which he/she feels were unwarranted. Also, there should be a secondary review process if there are any disagreements on an individual's rating. To resolve this, other individuals on the engagement may offer their input, and client staff that worked with the Reviewed Consultant on a regular basis to compile his/her testimony, and conduct a re-review panel discuss as these Performace Ratings are vital to ones advancement MFC, and should be rated specifically on ones performEP2ace.

Good people, selfish management

Former Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and open door policy if you want to discuss with the MDs if you are in the office. There are a few MDs that care, but a majority of them don't.

Cons

No work-life balance, personal growth is low and they do not care about the people they just care if you are billable and they like to run up the clients bill. If you put in a two week notice they will roll you off the project right away and move your exit interview up and not pay you out for the rest of your notice.

Give the respect to all levels not just the peers at your level

6. What you need to succeed

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

SY Consultant. MFC delivers on what they promise to potential new employees - culture and great people. Vast array of projects to gain great experiences. Above market benefits. Go small, less bureaucracy. Outlook looks promising.

Cons

Depending on project, may work substantial hours. This is to be expected for any consulting environment.

Keep putting employees first and customer satisfaction will continue to increase.

7. Good place to work short term

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Great people and competitive salary

Cons

Client work in many cases is just ok. Client base is respectable however projects are often mismanaged and staff aren't aligned to where they can be most successful.

Great company and even better people!

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The top five pros of MFC: the company values, the culture, the corporate staff, benefits (health/wellness and retirement), and the firm's outlook.

1) Business operations are always managed with the best intentions. The company is deeply pro-employee and always considering how their actions will impact their people. The company is highly ethical, fair, and flexible. When change has to happen, they do a great job at managing it--any experienced professional will recognize thier top-notch efforts.
    2) MFC has a really unique entrepreneurial culture. The firm does a great job at empowering employees to be part of each success. They heavily incentivize all of the right qualities: exceptional client service, participation in business growth/development, and thought leadership.
    3) The recruiting and HR teams are top-notch. They have all the sophistication of the most elite firms in the world, but they possess customer service and attention to detail qualities that are only found in small organizations. The HR professionals are true employee advocates and they respectfully maintain a strong business partners position as well. Employees are lucky to have such helpful and responsive support teams!
    4) MFC's benefits dramatically exceed industry averages. The health/wellness benefits are made very affordable for the employee because the company pays upwards of 80% of the monthly premiums. The 401k plan has no vesting period and a very competitive real-time employer match! Industry average seems to be 3-4 years vesting and many Big 4 firms (including my current employer) are moving to annual employer match where you must be an active employee at the time of the deposit potentially leaving you without thousands of dollars! When considering MFC's offer--don't forget to think of the wealthy benefits: total compensation and rewards.
    5) I left MFC for a unique opportunity to expand on a skillset that MFC doesn't focus on; however, if I could have done this same role internally, I would never have left. I truly believe in MFC and the future outlook for the firm. The current CEO has great experience and impressive goals for where he plans to lead the firm. I look forward to following their successes and if this new path doesn't work out or begins to stall, I would welcome the opportunity to rejoin the MFC team.

Bottom line...you would be lucky to be part of MFC!

Cons

MFC gives their employees a lot of choices about their own growth and development. The firm does a good job at providing options/career paths, but it’s up to you to take the ball and run with it...to "own your career." Although this demonstrates the firm's respect for their employees, it isn't a culture that will work for everyone. You will have to take advantage of the firm's open door policy to regularly communicate your personal goals/aspirations, you have to be open-minded about feedback, and you have to actively manage your own brand. Although this is not just MFC specific, success doesn't come over night, so patience and persistence are two qualities you must possess if you want to take advantage of MFC's unique growth and development opportunities.

As the firm continues to grow and focus on their solution offerings, it will be important to expand on the managerial vs. technical career paths. This will be a huge project, but it will be a great way to support the wonderful growth and development options that the firm already offers.

Size matters

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Great people
    - Dynamic atmosphere
    - Early responsibility
    - Engaged Leadership
    - Expanding client list
    - Extensive room for growth
    - Ability to own your career

Cons

- If you are a wallflower do not look here. MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers. You set the compass heading. You are the determinant of your own path.
    - Base pay is lower than most and promotion is the primary way you get increases. Moreover, they pack a lot of punch into their incentive system. This is a boon for some and a bust for others.

C.E. Andrews is making the right decisions for the growth of the company. Keep it up and add more happy hours. As you expand make sure to share this with people looking to find new opportunities in cities that do not have the oppressive cost of living that the DC Metro area has.

My experience at MorganFranklin has been very positive.

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Small company atmosphere with many opportunities for communication to Executives.

Cons

I do see a change evolving over the past 1/2 year that is impacting employee morale very negatively. Many people who joined the firm were told that an advantage of MFC was less travel. Not so true anymore. So..HR change your pitch please. Also, the talent is limited in numbers therefore employees who are sold as full-time are really working on multiple clients. Not truthful and not exceeding client expectations.

Be honest regarding the travel. Do not oversell employees. If you sell someone full time make them available to that client full-time.

11. MFC was highly recommended to me, and I will pay that forward to you

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

To start, the company and position came to me highly recommended from various business and personal contacts. That, to me, was already a positive sign that I was heading in the right direction by pursuing a position here. The entrepreneurial culture of the firm is evident in that there are a ton of big 4 alum here so a lot of us are cut from the same cloth and have been there/done that with being a small fish in a big ocean. Not the case here. People are highly encouraged to ask to be assigned to new projects and dip their hands in various initiatives across the firm. The advantage of a firm this size is that you can essentially know everyone here to some degree and get exposure to levels of talent you wouldn't at a larger firm.

The people here are genuinely happy to be here and the office vibe is pleasant. People work hard, but they also value family as is evident with the work-life balance. The firm also goes out of the way to make new people feel welcome. There are ample opportunities to meet members of firm leadership whether at Happy Hours or other firm sponsored events.

I look forward to recruiting buddies from my past employer to come on board here and join the MFC team.

Cons

None yet. So far so good.

Keep it up!

MorganFranklin Consulting Response

Jul 15, 2014Chief HR Officer

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! I am so pleased that you are having a great experience at MFC so far. Successful onboarding is critical to happiness at a new employer, so please let me ... More

MorganFranklin Consulting Photos