MorganFranklin Consulting

Updated August 15, 2014

3.8

MorganFranklin Consulting Chief Executive Officer C.E. Andrews
C.E. Andrews

Great company and even better people!

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

The top five pros of MFC: the company values, the culture, the corporate staff, benefits (health/wellness and retirement), and the firm's outlook.

1) Business operations are always managed with the best intentions. The company is deeply pro-employee and always considering how their actions will impact their people. The company is highly ethical, fair, and flexible. When change has to happen, they do a great job at managing it--any experienced professional will recognize thier top-notch efforts.
    2) MFC has a really unique entrepreneurial culture. The firm does a great job at empowering employees to be part of each success. They heavily incentivize all of the right qualities: exceptional client service, participation in business growth/development, and thought leadership.
    3) The recruiting and HR teams are top-notch. They have all the sophistication of the most elite firms in the world, but they possess customer service and attention to detail qualities that are only found in small organizations. The HR professionals are true employee advocates and they respectfully maintain a strong business partners position as well. Employees are lucky to have such helpful and responsive support teams!
    4) MFC's benefits dramatically exceed industry averages. The health/wellness benefits are made very affordable for the employee because the company pays upwards of 80% of the monthly premiums. The 401k plan has no vesting period and a very competitive real-time employer match! Industry average seems to be 3-4 years vesting and many Big 4 firms (including my current employer) are moving to annual employer match where you must be an active employee at the time of the deposit potentially leaving you without thousands of dollars! When considering MFC's offer--don't forget to think of the wealthy benefits: total compensation and rewards.
    5) I left MFC for a unique opportunity to expand on a skillset that MFC doesn't focus on; however, if I could have done this same role internally, I would never have left. I truly believe in MFC and the future outlook for the firm. The current CEO has great experience and impressive goals for where he plans to lead the firm. I look forward to following their successes and if this new path doesn't work out or begins to stall, I would welcome the opportunity to rejoin the MFC team.

Bottom line...you would be lucky to be part of MFC!

Cons

MFC gives their employees a lot of choices about their own growth and development. The firm does a good job at providing options/career paths, but it’s up to you to take the ball and run with it...to "own your career." Although this demonstrates the firm's respect for their employees, it isn't a culture that will work for everyone. You will have to take advantage of the firm's open door policy to regularly communicate your personal goals/aspirations, you have to be open-minded about feedback, and you have to actively manage your own brand. Although this is not just MFC specific, success doesn't come over night, so patience and persistence are two qualities you must possess if you want to take advantage of MFC's unique growth and development opportunities.

As the firm continues to grow and focus on their solution offerings, it will be important to expand on the managerial vs. technical career paths. This will be a huge project, but it will be a great way to support the wonderful growth and development options that the firm already offers.

Size matters

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

Pros

- Great people
    - Dynamic atmosphere
    - Early responsibility
    - Engaged Leadership
    - Expanding client list
    - Extensive room for growth
    - Ability to own your career

Cons

- If you are a wallflower do not look here. MFC is a place that requires an individual to have the existing desire to own their careers. You set the compass heading. You are the determinant of your own path.
    - Base pay is lower than most and promotion is the primary way you get increases. Moreover, they pack a lot of punch into their incentive system. This is a boon for some and a bust for others.

C.E. Andrews is making the right decisions for the growth of the company. Keep it up and add more happy hours. As you expand make sure to share this with people looking to find new opportunities in cities that do not have the oppressive cost of living that the DC Metro area has.

My experience at MorganFranklin has been very positive.

Pros

Small company atmosphere with many opportunities for communication to Executives.

Cons

I do see a change evolving over the past 1/2 year that is impacting employee morale very negatively. Many people who joined the firm were told that an advantage of MFC was less travel. Not so true anymore. So..HR change your pitch please. Also, the talent is limited in numbers therefore employees who are sold as full-time are really working on multiple clients. Not truthful and not exceeding client expectations.

Be honest regarding the travel. Do not oversell employees. If you sell someone full time make them available to that client full-time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MFC was highly recommended to me, and I will pay that forward to you

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

Pros

To start, the company and position came to me highly recommended from various business and personal contacts. That, to me, was already a positive sign that I was heading in the right direction by pursuing a position here. The entrepreneurial culture of the firm is evident in that there are a ton of big 4 alum here so a lot of us are cut from the same cloth and have been there/done that with being a small fish in a big ocean. Not the case here. People are highly encouraged to ask to be assigned to new projects and dip their hands in various initiatives across the firm. The advantage of a firm this size is that you can essentially know everyone here to some degree and get exposure to levels of talent you wouldn't at a larger firm.

The people here are genuinely happy to be here and the office vibe is pleasant. People work hard, but they also value family as is evident with the work-life balance. The firm also goes out of the way to make new people feel welcome. There are ample opportunities to meet members of firm leadership whether at Happy Hours or other firm sponsored events.

I look forward to recruiting buddies from my past employer to come on board here and join the MFC team.

Cons

None yet. So far so good.

Keep it up!

Jul 15, 2014Chief HR Officer

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! I am so pleased that you are having a great experience at MFC so far. Successful onboarding is critical to happiness at a new employer, so please let me ... More

Understands value in investing in their employees now and into the future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

MorganFranklin really is a family-feel environment, which was really refreshing to me coming from such a large international company where I felt lost in the numbers of employees. I wasn't even actively looking for new opportunities before I joined the team but I was blown away by how professional, sincere, and honest everyone was during the interview process. The people here truly believe in their quality of work products. It's exciting to be a part of a growing company and also knowing that you’re playing a role in contributing to that bigger, brighter future that executive leadership is building.

They truly see the value in investing in their employees by offering education, training, and certification assistance. There's growth at every level here and because they focus heavily on personal performance it's up to yourself if and when you want to reach for that next step.

Cons

Any role at the company is challenging - you have to want to work hard and you have to want to challenge yourself in order to succeed.

Keep the open communication - letting your employees know what's going on (or what's not going on) helps continue to build the team environment.

Great Company to work for.

Pros

Great benefits. Very entrepreneurial. You get experiences to be a well rounded consultant.

Cons

Ongoing training is nonexistent. You will most likely travel a lot during your time there.

Keep expanding and listening to the needs of your employees.

Jul 2, 2014Chief HR Officer

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. You hit on three pros that we take pride in and I am very pleased that was your experience.

I regret that you didn't feel there were
    ... More

Fantastic Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

Sharp colleagues, entrepreneurial spirit, high-touch experience from your first day.

If you see a need, you are encouraged to help lead the effort for improvement. The rewards and recognition programs encourage innovation and strong values, not just business gains.

The company does the right thing for it's employees and is extremely generous with it's benefit programs. In addition access to Sr. Leadership is the best in the business.

Cons

Not for wall-flowers or those who want rewards without working hard.

Jul 2, 2014Chief HR Officer

Thanks very much for posting such a wonderful review. I am thrilled that you are enjoying your experience at MorganFranklin. You point out a number of our strengths. One point in particular catches ... More

Great Opportunities for Professional Development

Current Employee - Senior Associate  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in McLean, VA

Pros

MorganFranklin has given me the opportunity to grow professionally moreso than other firms I have worked for by providing technical training, allowing me to attend conferences/workshops, and encouraging internal mentor/mentee relationships. I'm very proud to say that my growth was recognized with a promotion at my most recent annual review.

In my senior associate level role, I feel that I'm compensated fairly. In addition to competitive salaries and yearly bonus opportunities, MorganFranklin rewards employees with real-time rewards (I earned a giftcard for my above and beyond efforts on a particular project), top-notch events (such as the Holiday Party this year, which was hosted at Union Station in Washington, D.C.) and a long list of HR benefits.

The biggest cultural difference between MorganFranklin and other firms is that individuals at all levels are encouraged to share their ideas with leadership and collaborate with eachother to solve complex challenges--a true open door policy. I feel very comfortable walking into the offices of executive team members to discuss new ideas on how to approach projects.

Cons

MorganFranklin recently underwent a divestiture and organizational restructure within the past two years. We are approaching this change with a strategic roadmap for growth, which always has pitfalls, sucesses, and lessons-learned.

To be successful in this environment, you have to be flexible and adapt to shifting sands. Without change, there is no innovation. A challenge is only an opportunity for greatness.

Awesome

Current Employee - Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

Great mid-size firm that plays in the market with the Big 4 but doesn't come with the extra "work." Only work on what matters - client service and business development

Cons

Smaller firm, opportunities for promotion only available if contract available. Can't carry the overhead. Management also tends to hand-pick who they want to promote

Jul 15, 2014Chief HR Officer

Thanks very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am so glad you think MFC is an awesome place to work. Could I entice you to give me a call to talk about our promotion process? I'd ... More

Great Company to work for!

Former Employee - INTEL SME  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - INTEL SME in Reston, VA

Pros

Top notch salary, concierge service, bosses seem to care about their employees. Quarterly wellness spas at the office! The cookouts were amazing. Benefits were the best I have ever had. I would go back to work for them in a second.

Cons

They sold our division. I had to go work for Lockheed Martin. Even though they sold us, they did do their best to make sure we were taken care of by the new company and did everything they could to make the transition easy.

They seem to know what they are doing.

Jul 2, 2014Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your wonderful post, especially 18 months after the divestiture. It was very important to the MFC leaders to ensure the employees in the divested division were taken care of. It was so ... More

Worked for MorganFranklin Consulting? Contribute to the Community!