MorganFranklin Consulting Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Great Company to work for!

Former Employee - INTEL SME in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - INTEL SME in Reston, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Top notch salary, concierge service, bosses seem to care about their employees. Quarterly wellness spas at the office! The cookouts were amazing. Benefits were the best I have ever had. I would go back to work for them in a second.

Cons

They sold our division. I had to go work for Lockheed Martin. Even though they sold us, they did do their best to make sure we were taken care of by the new company and did everything they could to make the transition easy.

Advice to Management

They seem to know what they are doing.

MorganFranklin Consulting Response

Jul 2, 2014 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your wonderful post, especially 18 months after the divestiture. It was very important to the MFC leaders to ensure the employees in the divested division were taken care of. It was so ... More

2. Excellent work culture, great people to work with

Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work Culture, Quality of peers , Big 4 strategy and focus with advantage of being in small size company.

Cons

Small company, Not many big name clients, not many clients in across the globe.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you have good long term vision.

MorganFranklin Consulting Response

Jul 15, 2014 – Chief HR Officer

Thanks for your feedback! I'm so glad you value one of our biggest and best differentiators--our ability to offer the best of a larger company along with the best of a smaller company. I encourage ... More

Underrated Experience. Firm over sells and under performs

Former Employee - Consulting Manager in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Consulting Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment with a young vibe. Good benefits and above market compensation. Tries to be different. Easily accessible office location in Tyson's corner.

Cons

The firm does not set you up for success, but throws you in to billable projects with no alignment to your background and experience. The firm over sells on projects, and expects the available resources to figure it out, even if they aren't the right resources. The firm sold me on work life balance, than had me placed on a project requiring travel 5 nights a week and 11 billable hours a day.

Advice to Management

Be more honest during interviews about what work life balance means to MFC. It's ok to throw your consultants in, but set them up to succeed.

Has potential, but fails to offer true opportunity to it's employees.

Former Employee - Consulting Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Consulting Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Small business with the latitude to work across multiple business groups and accounts which offers experience that is not readily available in a large company. There are pillars of excellence led by very talented and motivated professionals in leading business performance for clients.

Cons

Company is led by a group of long time friends which at times are not motivated to inspire and offer opportunity to motivated employees to do more. Potential for unfair and not equal employment practices; corporate values and culture are other than what senior management live by. An "open door" policy is openly offered by corporate management, but found this to be less than advertised with potential for reprisal.

Advice to Management

In the past MFC had been an up and coming small business, probably about time to sell the other side of the business before all the good people leave.

Was ok

Former Employee - Satellite Tech in West Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Satellite Tech in West Chicago, IL

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small group of 4 people in the West Chicago Office. They were all friendly and very relaxed.

Cons

Was hired for my iDirect/Satellite tech experience but ended up cleaning the building, installing new carpet and desks in a very large room. They also wanted me to fabricate new structures on their vehicles and were not willing to actually teach me how. Lack of any real management or training.

Advice to Management

Do not hire someone for the TECH experience and then have them become a carpenter, janitor, and a fabricator and unwilling to train them in those fields. I lost a lot of money moving to the area only to be let go after 2 months without an explanation.

Disappointing

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do have a lot of company sponsored happy hours and their PTO is decent. Commercial side seems to have better projects and more competent leadership.

Cons

Training is hard to come by. I wanted to take a proposal writing course from outside vendor and was told the firm was going to offer something. I never saw any firm wide training offered for proposals during my tenure. Also, the federal sector doesn't have a ton of projects to chose from. Directors in the federal space are conniving and blatantly take credit for business develop activities they don't do.

Advice to Management

Keep you directors in check. Find out who really does what on your contracts. Show up on customer site and talk to the clients! Stop bringing 'BIG 4' practices to the firm. Don't say we offer a work life balance and then punish your employees during review time for not doing enough for the firm! It's not fair to compare a person who is highly billable and does what they can for proposals to someone who has a lot of down time during the year to work on proposals and other firm activities. Of course that person that isn't billable can spend more of their time working on proposals. They aren't generating any revenue!!

Going down hill fast

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are not too bad

Cons

This company was great when I first started however in the last year it has started to tank. Horrible Management Federal side has employees who are too comfortable and refuse to increase the quality of work for the client (even though it is required by contract) Quality of work is sub par

Advice to Management

Hire employees who are earger to work hard

Good people, bad management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People: consultants and line staff were talented Company Spirit: Very strong company spirit and great events to make everyone feel like they were part of something greater

Cons

Leadership: The management was extremely bloated. The senior management to staff ratio was very low. There were several abusive managers who were not held in check by the executives or HR.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the large number of Directors and Senior Managers.

Incompetent Managers and No growth potential

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Company promotes health and wellness

Cons

Sexist workplace, Firm sells work life balance but does not support it when you ask for it, Make a mistake and it follows you for the rest of your career, Raises are crap so negotiate your base salary, Managers hoard information and do not help you do your job well, Managers are incompetent to help you grow, Very few career growth opportunities, Very very high turnover rate because work and managers suck, Employees with CPAs and technical competence are not valued, Technical competence does not matter for promotions, Only Business development matters for promotion, Review process is a joke, Managers don't provide regular reviews and hope that you forget about them

Advice to Management

Care about your employees concerns, Match what you sold to them, Hire and promote competent managers

Fast rising company, work/life balance and compensation are above average.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in work schedule, company promotes health & wellness, senior leaders have "open door" policy.

Cons

Some cliques within the company, few advancement opportunities, their name on your resume adds little value.

RSS Feed </> Embed