Mori Seiki USA

Updated May 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Masahiko Mori

Mori Seiki USA designs tool machines, tests and evaluates the performance of the machines.

Engineer (Former Employee) Iga (Japan)

ProsGood opportunities to engage in the latest tool machines in the huge world wide company.

ConsYou may have to do a lot of over time work to create high performance tool machines internationally.

Not super remarkable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsR&D environment means that there are lots of opportunities to creatively pursue experiments that interest you. It is an international company, so the opportunity to collaborate with people across the world is a real treat. Travel opportunities come a few times a year, so you can visit and work with colleagues in Japan and Europe.

ConsCorporate culture is overbearingly conservative and it's hard to implement any meaningful improvements. I found the level of paperwork too high. It's sad that despite the high level of engineering and high level of technology developed at this place, hardly any of it found its way to the real-world products sold by the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more freedom to engineers and back up their efforts to improve their respective tech fields.

Good company but long hours

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Davis, CA

ProsAccess to cutting edge information and you will be working for an international company. Learning curve can be high and you will have an opportunity to travel internationally.

ConsThe culture is still that of long hours and most of the Senior Management (even in US offices) is from Japan. be sure that you understand the culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore autonomy to employees will be better

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a great place to work if you are a Man.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hoffman Estates, IL

ProsBenefits and compensation are very good. We stil have a company holiday party, there are still company outings. There are great opportunities to learn new skills if your manager is on board.

ConsThere is no systems integration which means lots of redundancy. Perhaps the worst part of working here is no matter what level a woman is at she will be often referred to as an "assistant". I even heard someone refer to a female manager as a secretary once.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress the rampant sexism. Hire someone as a systems integration specialist this would do this company a world of good.

Good learnt a lot...

Service Engineer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsI can learn still more....

Consnot experienced yet............... may be i can experience it later

Good, most of the time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company was good to work for, salary was good, benefits where great, top technology available so you can do you work effectively.

ConsIt is a Japanese company, so some promotions were given based on Japanese culture rather than competence. They are not very good at giving you positive remarks when you did something good.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your employee appreciation plan and put something in place to give small thank yous to those employees who are working hard.

A renowned machine tool manufacturer, way behind in other technologies

ProsYou get to work on leading edge machine tool design, analysis, manufacturing and operations for a renowned machine tool manufacturer in the world. World class engineers.

ConsQuite behind in terms of adopting modern software, information technologies. Management should think out of the "box-in-box". If its thinking out of one box for everyone else its two boxes, for a change, for this company in terms of above mentioned.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should think out of the "box-in-box". If its thinking out of one box for everyone else its two boxes, for a change, for this company in terms of above mentioned.

Worked for Mori Seiki USA? Contribute to the Community!