Morley Companies Reviews

2.0
Paul Furlo

1. I worked in Customer Service handling GM service requests was very rewarding

I worked at Morley Companies

Pros

Very good company to work for

Cons

The pay doesn't compensate the position

Its a ok company to work for

I have been working at Morley Companies

Pros

reasonable work environment nice benefits

Cons

hard to get any raises all promotions are just title changes nothing else compensation lacking

when you give some one more responsibility they need more pay or time off etc.....

3. On the fence

Current Employee - MS Chat Agent in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - MS Chat Agent in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Morley Companies part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Co workers are great and can make the days more tolerable

Cons

I've been working for Morley for half a year now, I started out in one department and moved to another. Initially I enjoyed the move to new department, but now I come to realize that the client are the ones who run things. If they don't feel your meeting their "quota" they will cut you, but heres the kicker... They say numbers and quotas are not important? Spare me, as an agent; the training was mediocre and half the material was outdated or useless. We have garbage tools that frequently freeze or don't work, I'm looking at you Avaya! There is NO COMMUNICATION whatsoever between the management and peons which causes mass confusion on the job due to lack of information. On top of that they are anal about attendance. Here is an example that I personally had: 1. Got written up because I was late due to being stuck in dead stop traffic for 45 min and I leave an hour early for work daily and I took a photo of the traffic and the current time at the time as evidence and they STILL wrote me up!!!

Communicate with the employees and stop doing things so shady. Also don't let the client dictate or run the show.

5. Employer does not care for employees.

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Morley Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good middle management, they care, but they are not empowered to do anything, so it's like your boss is just another coworker.

Cons

Little or no recognition, no raises.

Change your ways.

Opportunity is no where at Morley!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Morley Companies

Pros

The only pro is the Health Benefits. If you have given up on life then this is the place to be.

Cons

How to even begin with the cons? Do you have about 5 hours to spare? Let's just put it this way everyone that I had to deal with higher up is an incompetent butt kisser. You have about 4 bosses that don't even know your department and what you do. Basically you're just a number and not an person, just so that they can fulfill their end of the contract for clients.

Fire most of management and hire people who are actually qualified.

Management has its favorites very low pay for the work you do and stuff you put up with!

Current Employee - DBC in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - DBC in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Morley Companies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits weekends off nothing really more to say about the pros there isn't anymore. I guess maybe that you get holidays off..

Cons

No room for advancement, low pay, poor management, and no training for what you are actually doing on the job.

Need to create a handbook and stick to it!!! I was told by HR the handbook is more of a guideline. Really?!! That is a complete joke! A handbook is what an employee goes by you don't change rules because you are friends with an employee! Raise your wages hire more qualified workers!

Terrible company.... I'd rather clean a horses behind with my tongue then work here.

Former Employee - GM Lead Agent in Saginaw, MI
    Former Employee - GM Lead Agent in Saginaw, MI

I worked at Morley Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The vending machine on the 1st floor is wonderful with the Ruby Red Squirt!

Cons

Low pay.
    Hostile work environment.
    Management is unprofessional.
    Company can't get scheduling right.
    More worried about numbers then quality employees.

Shut this place down.

Stepping stone to something better

I have been working at Morley Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people at Morley are awesome, most of them. The owners are amazing and are probably some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Many promotions are handled internally so there is a good chance that if you try and put forth effort you can move up in the company.

Cons

There are several cons when it comes to working for Morley.

The pay is terrible. While I was there I was making $23,000/year salaried. I had over 5 years experience as well as a college degree. I never once received a raise, more pay only came through a promotion and that was if you were lucky. Bonuses were non-existant. While there I received about $50 in bonuses per year which was better than the $5 mcdonalds gift cards others received. Morley does not value education nor do they attempt to keep good employees who demand to be paid a better wage. I left Morley for an offer from another local company that was starting out at 3x Morley's wage + a bonus that was 100x larger along with better benefits. I was asked to put my resignation in early so I could train my replacement, which I did. I was then told I was not eligible for my bonus (which was paid out a week later) because I put my resignation in (not like I missed the $30 after tax). On top of that, my direct supervisor basically ignored me for 5 week - cant say I am complaining about that either.

There is a large sense of disparity. When someone can barely afford to live because of a low wage and you see the owners driving Range Rovers, Escalades and other various Cadillacs - it almost makes you mad. While I understand they own the company they should acknowledge the people who are making all that money for them through decent wages or some sort of compensation plan.

My advice to management is that they need to try and retain good employees. They also need to make sure that they are allowing others to better themselves through eduction and trainings. They are not very good about allowing people to pursue a college education while working there - which I find terrible. Many people come to work and work hard for very little pay.

10. Not as bad as people say

I have been working at Morley Companies

Pros

It can be a fun atmosphere, good perks and benefits, coworkers are great, the wellness program is fantastic, and you'll definitely work hard.

Cons

Salaries are notoriously low (but benefits are good), management's expectations can be unreasonable. The company's reputation took a hit when they got into the call center biz, which is a shame since it's overall a decent company.

Maybe get some focus out there about other areas of your company that aren't related to the call center!

Long term employee, under appreciated

Current Employee - DBC Agent in Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - DBC Agent in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Morley Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-not difficult to get time off, it will not be paid though
    -blue cross benefits, not bad, not cheap but at least they do provide them to full time associates

Cons

-complete lack of mature management
    -meaningful promotions are scarce
    -no raises/bonuses
    -hard work isn't recognized
    -turn over is atrocious, which you would think they would appreciate people that have stayed there longer, but they don't

actually appreciate your employees. Especially the ones that stick around. How do plan on building a legitimate company with constant turn around? Raises/bonuses are important to employees. We come here to make money. So reward us with money, not cupcakes and potlucks. You may be an important company in the eyes of the news stations that report and the newspaper, but this company has a terrible reputation from its employees. Just ask anybody that has worked at Morley what they think.