Morley Companies

Morley Companies Reviews in Saginaw, MI

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Paul Furlo

20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Morley is the proverbial ginger of the corporate world

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saginaw, MI

ProsYou won't lose your food stamps; they pay next to nothing!

ConsThey will eat your soul for breakfast.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch a Care Bears movie. You're not being nice.

Great company culture - and getting better every day

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saginaw, MI

ProsThe people here are really what makes the company. If you're here for five seconds, you know that service is very important. Very customer service oriented company. Everyone is focused on that goal, and there is a lot of teamwork to accomplish it. Some people are better at teamwork than others, but you'll find that anywhere. From what I've seen, this company has grown really quickly - from a few hundred to almost 2,000 now. That doesn't happen without great people working hard to provide great service, and I get a sense of accomplishment for my part in that.

ConsI've been here for a decade, and every time I think about complaining about something, I hear a story from someone who just got here about how bad things are at other companies - that Morley's a better place for one reason or another.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that the team leads and supervisors have what they need to communicate effectively with their people.

Morley is a horrible place to work!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Saginaw, MI

ProsMaking new friends.. Benefits are great

ConsTraining yourself. Management sucks. They walk around looking down on their employees. They promote people to be supervisors who are not supervisor quality. They show favoritism. They don't know how to talk to adults like they are adults. Everything about this job sucks!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to school and take some management classes. You all suck at managing!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

How to treat adults like children 101

Dealer Business Center (Current Employee) Saginaw, MI

ProsIf you know what you are doing, you can really spin the experience here to look great on a resume

ConsManagers are hired based on experience/who they are in favor with, and not on whether or not they are capable of being Managers. Being an expert in a field does not equate management skills. They will talk down to you, and they will belittle you.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can hire someone with management skills and then train them on the job. You cannot hire someone to do the job, and train them on how to be managers. Also, many of your employees are trying to go to school to better themselves, stop preventing this

Great career path

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Saginaw, MI

ProsI joined Morley because I needed a job at the time and I had heard a lot about Morley. Since then, I've been promoted twice and now an in a supervisory position. Our clients are large companies, so I feel as if I'm getting good exposure to best practices across many industries. The company is devoting a lot of time to putting me through leadership training and I feel as if I've been able to progress at Morley in a way I would never have been able to at other companies. Overall, I couldn't be happier to be here.

ConsWhen you start at Morley, you don't have a lot of time off to start. Also, if you aren't willing to show initiative and act professionally, then you probably aren't going to have a lot of promotional opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should share more information on all the great things the company and its employees do in the community! We have blood drives, jeans day for charity, lots of sponsorships for non-profits, etc.

RVDC - nothing but headaches

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Saginaw, MI

ProsGood insurance benefits that's it!

ConsNo advancement opportunity, no accountability for mistakes - pass the buck is the norm, increased workload with little regard for already massive workload -when someone is bad at their job instead of showing them how to improve they take their responsibilities away and give them to someone who is good at their job. It's a slap in the face to the good employees! The people that don't care about there job get to skate on through while the ones that work the hardest are made to work even harder!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people what they are with worth, give encouragement when needed and praise when deserved, make us feel like we are a part of something important!

Absolutely horrible, unjust workplace My advice, use Morley as a stepping stone and only if you are desperate for a job

DBC Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Saginaw, MI

Pros??? Benefits would be about it.

Cons* Pay is atrocious, especially considering how big this company is, and is only slightly above minimum wage with raises being between 3 to 15 cents per year.
    * Men are paid slightly more than a woman
    * Total disregard for employees well being
    * Totally low employee morale and no-one at all, lower management, or even upper
    management that cares to try and improve it. * Favoratism is key to any type of advancement (Its most certainly not what you know in this company, but who. Total lack of management skills by lower level management. * You are left on your own to learn your job in most cases, and are treated in a demeaning way when you do try to ask for help
    and many TLs.* A personal day, if you were to call in sick, will still be considered an infraction, and counted gainst you. Even a doctors slip or a medical emergency does not make a difference.* Morley has a wealth of intelligent, good employees that are hired in, however, they are treated so poorly, that they leave after they realize how bad it is there. There is no respect shown for many of these hardworking people, and they are treated like they are dirt under managements shoes, and there are little or no incentives given for that hard work. Its hard to keep a smile in your voice, when you are treated with so completely and utterl disregardas a good and valuable employee. Management does not care about the employees at all, and show total disregard for rules as set forth for :all" employees. You are basically filling a seat, in order to make money for Morley. When thinking about applying for a position here, I would say run, and run fast, and do not look back at this employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually listen to your employees, and pay attention to the yearly surveys that are done, and take them into consideration, which has "never" been done! Communicate with your employees, and keep them abreast of new developments and criteria that has arisen. Have overall whole department meetings within each service area, for instance, all of the DBC areas together as a whole unit, to insure that "everyone" is on the same page, and has the same information. There is a serious lack of communication among management and the employees, and that is something that definitely needs to change. Be impartial with all employees, and do not show such blatant favoratism among them. Boost morale among employees already there, instead of treating them like they do not matter, or are just a lowly employee. Possibly start an incentives program, or reward employees by giving small gifts to encourage team work and good Customer Service skills instead of giving day old donuts and such. Maybe movie tickets, or maybe even morley items, or meal coupons or something would even be nice. More than anything however; would be to treat "all" employees with respect, and to stop the blatant showcasing of favoratism.

With exception to Mr. Furlo, the executives don't care about individuals.

Automotive Technical Support (Current Employee) Saginaw, MI

ProsMr. Furlo is cool, he walks through at least on a weekly, if not sometimes daily, basis to say hello to the "associates." Mr. Furlo brings in this awesome cake on his birthday every year. Mr. Furlo has a wise, caring, and get it done persona about him.

For the rest of the company, Morley is on an upward swing, a slow, painfully drawn out, yet upward direction, swing. You can't seem to get fired from Morley, they need so many new employees to replace the ones that are leaving in mass exodus that they tolerate a lot of useless, unprofessional, and inappropriate behaviors. They've even awarded some of these individuals (for who knows what reason, maybe to build morale that if this person can do it so can you), but that backfired because the other employees just saw it as more proof of how out of touch this company is with reality and it's employees.

ConsMorley seems to have been a company that is only familiar with young, immature, and inexperienced employees that don't stick around very long. When they were awarded a new contract that included professional and career-minded employees, they made a critical business mistake of treating those individuals like high school fast food employees. Many have left over Morley's inability to treat a professional as a professional. As the economy improves, others continue to leave. Morley has made changes, but the promises and rumors of good things to come are so slow in actualizing that people lose hope and leave anyway. If you decide to hire into any of Morley's departments, you must get as much as possible when you hire in, because no promise of raises is true and when a raise may come around, it is years overdue and half of what it should be. Bonuses sometimes occur, but they are miniscule as well, often under $100 a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementMorley tries to say you are not an employee but an associate, because the word associate is supposed to be more team oriented or something. That sounds nice on the surface, but you (Morley) have a responsibility that goes along with that term. Look it up, because you're not meeting expectations and until you do few people will work for you, those that do won't recommend others to you and those that do bring in fresh meat aren't recommending their true friends because they care too much to do that to a true friend.

Morley... Bad

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Saginaw, MI

ProsIf you need a pay check Morley will give you a small one unless you're and auto mechanic then you get paid well.

ConsManagement is horrible. Lower management never knew what was going on because upper never told them. Working for 3 different companies is not easy... I worked in the GM division which meant I was paid by Morley, who was sub-contracted by IBM, who was contracted by General Motors. The 2 years I was employed by Morley I received a 15 cent an hour raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with lower management more. Actually speak with your employes and pay them what they are worth and turn over rate would be less.

Not the Upstanding Company I had heard it was...

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Saginaw, MI

ProsThe benefits are good, however, they do not out way the Cons.

ConsBlatant favoritism and sexual harassment run rampant throughout the company. H.R. and Upper Management conveniently "sweep it under the rug". Promotions are not given based on experience or education but by whether or not you are favored by management. There is no training provided to new supervisors that have never served in a leadership position before, they are basically promoted and left to try to figure out how to lead a group of agents. Instead of "building a spirit of fellowship among associates" Upper and Middle Management try to create animosity, jealousy and an unhealthy atmosphere between co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRules and regulations should be enforced "across the board". The employees are not respected and know this. If you would like to have employees that respect their job and the company than this respect should come from you first. If there is not a major turn around in leadership this company will eventually start loosing money. The reputation of this company is already on a down spiral. While I approve of Mr. Furlo, unfortunately at this point we all know he is just a "figure head" and his sons have taken over the operations.

Worked for Morley Companies? Contribute to the Community!