Moroch

Add Photos

Pat Kempf

Internship

Media Planner (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCommunication, really cared for your education

ConsUnpaid, short time, couldn't branch to different departments as easily

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

you worked for who?

Creative (Former Employee)

ProsSome good clients and broadcast opportunities.

ConsStuck in the past and always a few years behind the curve. Hard to get good creative work through and their pitch to prospective clients is "we'll do it cheaper than anyone else." They just don't get digital. No one in the industry knows who they are, so you have zero street cred for your time there.

Old timers and newbies

ProsAgency culture is good. All-agency happy hour on the first Friday of every month.

ConsTerrible communication to employees.
    Management has been there 20+ years and doesn't do any work.
    Work their employees till they are burnt out.
    Clients are insanely demanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop building silos/teams (ops/people/elt) - instead inform EVERYONE. Get employees excited about what is happening.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad to the Bone....

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsThe building is fairly cool. Typical agency environment. There are some good people working there but they are far and few between. They advertise their company as a fun place to work...it is absolutely not a fun place to work.

ConsThere are many, many cons. Management (or lack thereof), new ideas are squashed and discouraged, suggesting new ways to approach issues are also discouraged, too many partners covering their own rear ends. They all have their own agenda and you must fit into the mold like a robot for you to survive.
    I agree with other posts that this organization is very quick to terminate you if a partner wakes up on the wrong side of the bed some day. I've seen many talented people let go but it really is a goo thing to not be working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize you have directors out there that do not know how to manage people.

The worst place to work. Bad karma all over the place.

Account Service (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThey give you the false impression that they care about you. This is a thin coating of care because this is not the case. It's like a Ponsi scheme. You suddenly realize their is nothing of substance you're working for here.

ConsThis company has the reputation for quickly dismissing good employees because of personality issues versus actual performance issues. To work here, you are rolling the dice on your career. If you look at the reviews posted here, you'll see the few good reviews are mainly interns and then there's everyone else who hates this place.

Short lived experience but a great company

Account Executive (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsExcellent colleagues! Great ability to touch all areas of advertising with small field office sizes.

ConsPromotions from within are unlikely

Promotions Intern

ProsFun young company. I've heard the Dallas headquarters is the best

ConsNot organized, and too flexible

Family company (but a dysfunctional one)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIndependent thinking, entrepreneurial bent, integration in theory

ConsBureaucratic decision making, poor communications among/from leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementTrim fat at the top, appreciate/incentivize high performers and talent at the bottom

Fun people, terrible company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone I met was energetic and excited about the work being done. In the moment, it feels a little like Moroch is on the edge of being amazing. Everyone really believes in the work being done and sells the hell out of it to clients.

ConsUnfortunately, the work isn't original at all. As others have said, there's little room for creativity. When you come up with an idea, management acts appreciative, but then the reality of the fact that every service is undersold sinks in. And then you find out no great idea will ever happen due to budget restraints. Additionally, the company has its own corporate Kool-aid being sold to employees. Middle management gets sent to the Dallas office a couple times a year to reinvigorate. They get back to their respective offices to talk about how amazing the next year will be, but it ultimately looks exactly the same as last year except a couple McDonald's markets fired the agency and a couple signed on. Not a whole lot else changes, and marketing plans certainly don't.

Additionally, as mentioned by others, they hire a lot of young people. It's great if you're young and looking for a job. Unfortunately, that means that there are a lot of inexperienced directors and supervisors within the organization as a whole. Additionally, there is little support from those directors and supervisors. Many departments are split up amongst several offices to save money, and that means one person might report to someone in their office, someone in another office who has a boss in another office, who has a boss in another office, and on and on. Reporting to so many different people with different opinions can be confusing, especially for under-experienced staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider that a lot of client interaction happens in the field offices. It might be time to actually support their needs with higher paid and advanced level staff members. With all of the focus on the Dallas office, the field offices are left as mouth pieces for the organization with little to no investment. Additionally, training for employees and community involvement should be integrated into field offices to help with advancement.

Bad Experience

Production Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsIf you happen to begin working here, make sure you update your resume immediately because you'll want to send it out again quickly.

ConsMany junior positions who are very inexperienced and many senior partners with few levels in between. No training, no mentoring and sometimes no one to even ask a basic question. They hire people and then you're on your own.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou might want to look and see how unhappy your employees are. Many are on their computers during working hours on employment websites

Worked for Moroch? Contribute to the Community!