Morpheus Media

www.morpheusmedia.com

Morpheus Media Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Shenan Reed

Breeding ground of great work and talent

ProsSuper strong internal culture. I love the people I work with. Everyone enjoys being a part of the same team, and that carries through when working on more challenging projects. There is also so much opportunity to learn. There are very few people that come to Morpheus that don't learn exponentially more than places they come from, or go to in the future. There's honestly no better place to go to become a well rounded, comprehensive digital marketer. For those people looking to learn, be challenged daily (in more positive ways than negative), and to become an expert, this is an ideal place. Also - salaries are competitive and the benefits program is substantial (particularly great health benefits, flexible and great vacation policy, dog friendly). Morpheus is truly a place that offers opportunities to those who want to take them.

ConsAgency is in a process of regrowth. A lot of internal changes have happened over the last year, and there has been a lot of shifting with Senior level talent.

Fun Place - Great People

Senior Strategist (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI like the work I do here and get to work with really talented people. My clients are high profile and I have a lot of ownership over work products. Growth can be fast paced if you put in the work/hours. There's a stocked kitchen, full benefits, ping pong table, work from home policy, dogs allowed in the office, a lounge for naps, and yoga on Fridays.

ConsHours are sometimes long - agency life....

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain key talent and continue to win cool business

Amazing atmosphere, needs some buttoning up

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOpportunity to explore other areas of interest, camaraderie, office dogs, relaxed environment, friendly people. Great place to go if interested in managing digital retail marketing initiatives. Morpheus has thriving, top-tier Analytics, Social, and SEO departments. Great clients, too.

ConsAt times it's felt like no one's at the wheel, but I think that's getting better due to shifts in senior management. Need to do better at CRM and upselling amazing client base already in place.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent place to work

ProsStrong culture, variety of talented individuals across agency, opportunity to try new and emerging technologies and strategies, flexible hours, opportunity for rapid career growth, friendly clients, pet friendly, paid health benefits

ConsTypical woes of working in a digital agency like heavy workload, early / late calls, and experiences a lot of changes because of varying client rosters

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on developing talent and leaders

One of the harder companies I've worked at

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPeople were cool... for the most part. Clients (brands) had cache. Gained a lot of experience quickly for entry-level positions.

ConsGrew too quickly. Instead of investing in getting experienced people from other agencies for senior positions, people were promoted internally who were not prepared to take on the responsibilities and didn't know how to manage a team (but knew how to manage a client or go through the motions of the job). "Reviews" were not helpful. People cared about the partying and felt entitled to benefits from sales teams. Lots of inter-office relationships and drama. Pay was really low. Bad work/life balance. Over-resourced and under-staffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost senior managers were not equipped to support their teams and helping with their career. Don't be cheap - invest in good people.

Sinking Ship. Work there at your own risk.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsUsed to be a growing company with a great culture, lax atmosphere, pet friendly, and lots of room to move up if you worked hard. Those days are, sadly, over.

ConsThere is really no direction from upper management. No real leadership to try to rebuild the company. Clients have left in droves, including the biggest. Company used to be over 100 people, now its down to 40. Those are left are going through the motion, but not really happy - everyone talks about morale being low but nothing is done to fix it. Little room to move up since there is only new small clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet a direction and communicate more

On the cutting edge of Social Media

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun, young environment, bright team, after work activities

ConsHard to get promotions, difficult clients

If I moved back to NY, I'd definitely try to work at Morpheus again

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAwesome people, awesome boss, great company culture, fun parties, cool loft space, great location with easy access to the subway, lots of places to eat nearby and of course, happy hour joints!

ConsNow that they are with CREATETHEGROUP, I'm not exactly sure what it's like to work there but since Shenan is still there I'm sure it's still pretty great.

Growing Again

ProsFull health insurance, Yoga classes, haircuts, birthday cupcakes, team outings, amazing clients, management wants people to be happy and will fight for you.

ConsHigh turnover this year, but feels like they are turning a corner. Bought by CREATETHE Group in 2011 - has been harmful to morale and ability to service clients well. Shenan should be CEO of the group.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve the review process and make sure there is a clear growth path in place for team members.

Good place to learn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe team structures allow more junior employees to learn and advance professionally
    Employees are generally very collaborative and helpful
    Great brands to add to your resume

ConsSalaries aren't competitive
    The management team has made some very questionable decisions, specifically about whom to promote, etc.
    There is some dead weight at the top

Advice to Senior ManagementYou might want to focus less on those that are vocal (complainers, beware) and actively seek out the opinions of those that might be more introverted. They're probably your biggest contributors anyway. Less time talking, more time doing.

Worked for Morpheus Media? Contribute to the Community!