Morpho Reviews

Reset
2.3
Anne Bouverot

1. Manager

I have been working at Morpho full-time

Pros

Decent retirement, education and stock benefits. Healthcare benefits have declined, but I suppose they have at most places.

Cons

Extremely inconsistent standards as well as application of policies amongst different employees. Some departments allow and facilitate "cliques" as well as almost encouraging the practice of having "favorites" that you treat differently based on how much you like them. I've been on all sides (a favorite of my manager, a non-favorite of my manager and have had my own favorites and non-favorites). Management has been flailing for years due to multiple changes in CEO and executive staff. No vision or at least no REAL engagement of employees in understanding and feeling part of whatever the vision is.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve consistency in HR practices. Communicate vision more specifically so that everyone understands their role in supporting it. Upper management has been trying to do this, but middle management needs to get their people more engaged.

review prior new CEO

I worked at Morpho full-time

Pros

promising market, business opportunities, great engineering resources, good government network

Cons

Lack of strategy, poor management, limited integration of previous acquisitions, lack of culture unity, arrogance

3. Great Business

I worked at Morpho full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I started with the company right after 9/11. I loved watching the rapid growth of the business. I was able to excel with minimal roadblocks and enjoyed my experience there. The Mission of this type of business is critical in the Homeland Security Vertical and that drove my love for this business. The GE Technology being used for image resolution is far beyond anything I have seen by their competition. All in all I appreciated being apart of the Invision/GE/Morpho Team and if they asked for my help I would come back in a New York Minute.

Cons

Poor Sales Projections and Oversight caused this company to suffer over the past several years. They have had numerous RIF's to mitigate these failures causing them to spread the workforce very thin. Onboarding takes several months for the Homeland Security background checks.

Advice to Management

I believe they have the right management to succeed.

5. field service tech

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Fairburn, GA
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Fairburn, GA

I worked at Morpho (More than 3 years)

Pros

challenging lots to learn and different everyday

Cons

management lacking . Techs spend more time trying to justify the job than just doing the job.

6. Morpho

I have been working at Morpho full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I was very happy working for this company.

Cons

Unrealistic sales projections and high overhead made the company RIF several times ove the past 3 years.

Micro management

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Morpho full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Better than being unemployed right now

Cons

Micro managed, most techs looking for another job, rule by fear mentality.

Advice to Management

Be in touch with the field empoyees

I have a mixed review of the company, seeing many things that are great as well as some bad.

Pros

I like the laid back atmosphere. There is a feeling that you could know all the employees, benefit of the company size. It seems that from my interactions most departments seem to work together relatively well, and are not butting heads. People around you seem to enjoy their job and like what they do. I have seen and heard of some employees being able to move up to management positions.

Cons

Multiple big changes within a short period of time, senior management, company ownership, etc. I feel there is a disconnect between the executives and lower employees. I have heard this type of complaint from many different people in different departments. There is too much "Red tape" and paper work for some task that seem unnecessary. There seems to be a high rate of turn over, many people leaving within a short period of time working here. This could be due to better pay as well as bigger company names rather than morpho being at fault. but non the less it hard to ignore from small engineer all the way up to executives constantly leaving. There are many complaints about hiring from the outside rather than promotions from within. And I noticed that there were 2 groups of people, those who had been with the company for 5+ years or less than 1 or 2 years. ultimately it really depended on who your boss was, which is the case in many places. But it seem there were more bad bosses than good and this was a view shared when speaking to people in other departments outside of my own.

Advice to Management

Need to build a better culture, focus on the employees, some seem rather dissatisfied and are continuously looking else where. Its hard to build a business when your key resources keep seeing your company as a revolving door.

A small to mid-sized company struggling through multiple ownership changes and a shrinking market

Current Employee - Anonymous Current Full-time Employee in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Current Full-time Employee in Newark, CA

I have been working at Morpho full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's important work (explosive detection). Most of the employees take their jobs very seriously and take pride in their roles preventing another terrorist attack. The pay isn't bad. It's not fantastic, but it's not bad either. For mechanically inclined people, the technology is really interesting.

Cons

The company has changed dramatically in the last 10 years. The corporate ownership has changed twice in a short amount of time. Senior management has turned over several times. No culture has taken root. The majority of the employees are field service and are scattered all around the US. The company has failed to figure out how to include the remote employees in the corporate "morale" plan (assuming one actually exists). Several of the comments posted by others on this page are accurate: 1. There are two completely different companies: one at HQ, and everyone else. When you walk into HQ it's like visiting a different company. 2. Raises (beyond annual 2% cost of living raises) / promotions are few and far between for most employees 3. Policies and procedures are overly complicated, cumbersome, redundant, etc. Even by corporate standards. 4. Individual departments do not coordinate. Many of our problems are a result of the changing business environment. However, many are self induced.

Advice to Management

Increased sales will resolve a lot of problems. Better be working on the "next big thing" !

Senior Executives Hire Their Unqualified Buddies For Management Positions

Pros

Able to work independently and own your work

Cons

There is so much paperwork (drowning in it) It is impossible to focus on quality with the extensive amount of documentation that has to be done and duplicated in several forms. You have to account for what you do every single hour you are working as if you are a 19 year old kid. . You also have to document that you took a mandatory lunch break. Your shift changes constantly-seriously. Management will hire their friends from the outside for Lead and Management positions before they will promote from within. Management also dictates who will get a raise and how much-NOT HR. There isn't a plan in plan for advancement (see why above) We have a Manager on staff who says that God has told him who he should hire. (We have MAJOR turnover and have also had an employee commit suicide who blasted an email to the entire company letting everyone know that his best is never good enough.)

Advice to Management

Karen Bomba, I have never met you or seen you. I have never heard from you. Your company is failing. It is failing and will never be successful because policy and procedure doesn't exist in DFW. I have visited the California location and it is like night and day. The difference is so dramatic I wonder why you do nothing about it. Do you sit in France? ( Out-of-site/out-of-mind?) Human Resources is untrustworthy, non-existent, and unavailable to us. Executive Leadership does not have any communication skills and are unapproachable. The only time they will listen to you is if you are scratching their back. If you aren't their buddy, management will try to squeeze you out and make you quit. (As countless good employees have done.) I can't even count how many times I have asked to move up into management. I am educated and well qualified. I have to assume that you don't care. That's why your company is failing and this is why I feel you have failed me. You can build your company brand and image and make it look perfect, but there isn't anything that will ruin a brand more than poor public opinion and poor employee reviews.

Management does not care.

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Morpho full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The salary was probably the only good thing about working there.

Cons

I had to work with other techs that had no clue about how to work on systems and still made the same salary as me. My manager seemed to go out of his way to give less than flattering reviews in order to keep the already terrible raises lower. Every issue that was raised to management was ignored. Added a new service contract which doubled or tripled workload with no extra compensation. The downtime between service calls was one of the only perks until the new contract went into effect. This company wastes an obscene amount of money training people who should not be around electricity, and then gets cheap if you want to expense a lunch when traveling to remote sites. Managers don't care.

Advice to Management

Start acting like your company goes beyond the walls of HQ. Figure out if you want your techs to be good at fixing machines or good at redundant paperwork. In general, do better.

RSS Feed </> Embed