MorphoTrust USA Reviews

41 reviews filtered by
2.0
Robert Eckel

1. Perfect company for an ambitous employee

I have been working at MorphoTrust USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has a lot of passion for what it accomplishes in its daily mission. If you show initiative and have great ideas you can advance quickly and be recognized for your work. Working for this type of company requires you to be a forward thinker, patient with changes, and willing to make those changes when needed. Work life balance is amazing. You are given plenty of PTO days to take care of any absences and flexability in your schedule. Growing quickly and looking forward to the new opportunities available.

Cons

They could improve on reporting tools available.

Advice to Management

Management could listen a bit more to issues those "in the trenches" experience in order to provide them the tools needed to complete their duties.

2. Extremely poor leadership.

I worked at MorphoTrust USA

Pros

Great, intelligent coworkers. Some fun activities and free pizza every so often. The work can be somewhat exciting and the technology is fairly cutting edge. One can learn some marketable skills especially if theyre entry level.

Cons

Oblivious and obstinate management. Poor organization/ processes especially in the engineering department. Higher ups rarely listen to the needs or desires of the employees and yet demand nights and weekends out of them.

Advice to Management

Take into account the opinions of the people actually doing the work when making business decisions.

3. Good company to get experience

Former Employee - Tech Support in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Des Moines, IA

I worked at MorphoTrust USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Laid back, great people to work with

Cons

The pay is terrible, management is all political they will tell you what you want to hear but never happens no chance for advancements

Advice to Management

Follow through on thing give others a chance to move up

5. I was very unhappy but tried to stay on hoping things would get better...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billerica, MA

I worked at MorphoTrust USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have market share. Coworkers are nice people. Lots of smart people who try hard. Some exciting projects. Nice offices, with good options for food and I had the tools I needed to do my job. My immediate supervisor was very supportive. It has been a rough winter and there is not a problem calling in if the roads aren't safe and things like that. They throw office celebrations and things to help with balance.

Cons

It's very bureaucratic. Lots of process just to have process. I had too many senior bosses and not enough support. It's a matrix organization, so I had anywhere from 3 to 10 bosses at any given time sending me dozens of emails about what to do. There weren't enough hours in the day to get the work done. I was always behind, and I never had that problem before in any other job. Also, it's an elitist management team. I was always an above average performer elsewhere, but not here. (Maybe I am not a superstar, but I always received above average performance reviews). I was trying to stick it out... but it was not to be.

Advice to Management

We really need fewer bosses and more people to do the work please. How come more managers don't have to do the work? They are in meetings all of the time and then push their work down to us. That's fine for a vice president, but I shouldn't have to deal with that with so many people above me trying to tell me what to do. Maybe fewer bosses and more co-workers would've made it possible to stay. I think it starts at the top.

6. Director

I worked at MorphoTrust USA

Pros

Good Benefits and work family balance

Cons

Top heavy management needs to be corrected

It's been eye opening!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at MorphoTrust USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people in the Nashville office. Growth is nice to see. An interesting and unique industry to be involved in.

Cons

Company is struggling with the growth.

We are told the programs we support are doing really well and generating great returns and visibility for the company. However, that is not trickling down to anyone I work with.

No one takes the bonus plan seriously. The payout (3% at best) is not really worth the effort the company puts into it all together. By the time they pay it out and tax it twice, it just seems silly. Some groups were told that everyone in their department got the full payout just because it was easier to do that last year than actually determining if they completed the goals to receive the full payout.

My personal bonus plan changed 3 times last year and by the end of 2014 all I was encouraged (told) to work on was my bosses (and their boss's) bonus plan.

The top tier leadership is disconnected from the bottom tier workers. It's very much a "do as I say, not as I do" philosophy. Example: there are executives that come to town and alway rent large SUVs while staying at the super expensive hotel (right across the street). But my team can't have individual boxes of Kleenex on their desk because that's too costly for the company....

Leadership is not concerned with me or my co workers growth. We've been told, just be glad you have a job.

Another great example of struggles the company is facing is a need for positive visibility. A co-worker was asked to come to this website to post "positive comments" about the company because their are too many negative ones here. I'm not sure if she posted yet, but I want to counteract any false statements with transparent and correct comments.

Advice to Management

Challenge the employees with an actual bonus plan that encourages participation and growth.

Get in the trenches and do the work of your inferiors to allow an appreciation and understanding of what they are doing for the company.

Question: How can a company with so many employees that have the words "customer" &/or "service" in their title have such poor customer interactions?

Really disappointed. Management is out of touch.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MorphoTrust USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I get to work with really smart people. Most of them are nice. Nice building. Easy commute. Gym on-site. Cafeteria on-site. Employee lounge. Reimbursement for gym memberships offsite.

Cons

The day to day work is very painful. There is a lack of leadership, lack of clear direction, and too many people telling you to do different things. I have at least 4 bosses that interact with me regularly, and a lot of people who try to act like my boss. I have a lot to contribute, and a decent amount of experience, but it's not really a place where you are encouraged - or even allowed - to step outside of your role, even when you know how to do something better. I've always felt smart at every other job, and I've always scored really high on performance evaluations... but something about working here makes you feel like you aren't succeeding. I got an average performance review for the first time in my life in a year when I did new things and where my co-workers said I had done great work. I got less than a 3% increase. It hits you in the pit of your stomach to the degree that you don't even want to come to work anymore, because not only are you sad, but everyone around you is sad and frustrated, and burnt out from trying and not getting anywhere. Humor around the office is sarcastic about the management, and degrading about the top leadership. I really have no idea what the measurement of success is here. It's just really sad and stressful. The parking lot is empty at 5 pm. People can't wait to get out of here at night. And the new high-deductible health insurance is a disappointing plan for families that have preexisting health issues. The new business of the company doesn't make up for how awful it is to work here. And folks joke about if we will be able to pull off these new deals.

Advice to Management

Please live your stated values. Please care about the people, and it's your job to help us be successful by creating an environment that identifies and rewards hard work. Please don't continue to treat us like this. The culture and benefits are no longer worth it. We care about what the company does, but when it gets to the point you are demoralized and sad, and when no one around you wants to come to work, it's better to care about what the company does from afar.

9. Poorly managed Mess

I have been working at MorphoTrust USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay and Benefits are average.

Cons

Virtually no input from management, basically because there is none. The managers that they do have are overworked and spread too thin.

Advice to Management

You have to have better communication with your employees!

Not worth the effort

I worked at MorphoTrust USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great team members that have outstanding futures however I do not forsee those being at MorphoTrust

Cons

The company has recently shifted its focus on enrollment, while financially this may be a gain they are completely forgetting about the DL side that put them where they are. The management that I encountered while working here is very incompetent and not very knowledgeable about the product they support. The leads are chosen either by ways of nepotism or favoritism.

The building is full of family members so growing within the company is nearly impossible. The supervisors are naive to think that they run the show, half of the time they are out to eat with there family members that work in the office or the leads which were chosen not because of skill but because of "other reasons"

HR is a complete joke at this company, when complaints are given they are filed away for years and nothing changes, even when multiple complaints are provided by numerous people.

Advice to Management

Get out while you can

Worst company I ever worked for. Very inexperienced management and company treats employees terribly.

Current Employee - Enrollment Agent
    Current Employee - Enrollment Agent

I have been working at MorphoTrust USA (less than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely none at all. This has been by far the worst career experience I've every had. I made a big mistake by accepting this job

Cons

Everything from management to leads to the work place and environment.

Advice to Management

The company is ran by a bunch of inexperienced uneducated leads and managers