MorphoTrust USA

Updated December 14, 2014
Updated December 14, 2014
2.1

Robert Eckel

Markets itself as cutting-edge, but really that couldn't be further from the truth.

Current Employee - Field Service Technician III
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician III

I have been working at MorphoTrust USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really can't think of any pros. It's a job. It's similar to other large corporations that I've worked for. There's nothing here that scream "YOU GOTTA WORK HERE!".

Cons

Morphotrust is the result of safran going around and buying up all the small players and making a mega corporation. While management does listen to concerns it goes in one ear and out the other.

Literally EVERYTHING I do as part of my job is frustrating and cumbersome. The "systems" they have aren't really systems. They're Outlook, Excel and Word. The actual systems they have are antiquated, slow, cumbersome and just the worst possible way to do what they're trying to do with them. Work Orders are screenshots (Which you then have to re-enter yourself up to 2 more times) in emails and word documents. They expect you to print out your workorder before every call. Work orders typically take longer to complete than the actual time it takes you to fix the equipment.

If you need support in the field, good luck. Build a list of people and start calling. One will eventually answer their phone and if you're luck and CC enough people, you can even get them to answer your email.

Raises are 3%. That's it. No matter if your good or terrible you get 3%. The bonus system is built to take your bonus away. Don't even count on it. There is no INVENTIVE AT ALL to do your best.

Training consists of yearly sexual harrasment courses and signing about 100 company policy and procedure documents. You will not be trained on company equipment and you certainly won't be trained on the equipment your service, support and then train customers on. Heck no. It's only "trial by fire" here.

Company shirts are $50. FIFTY FREAKING DOLLARS.

Quit focusing on reacting to situations and start figuring out how we can prevent them in the first place. Quit allowing the customer to push you around on things that are obviously so asinine that nobody would possibly do it their way. Get rid of all the paper documents and fax machines IT'S 2014!!!!!!

Really disappointed. Management is out of touch.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MorphoTrust USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I get to work with really smart people. Most of them are nice. Nice building. Easy commute. Gym on-site. Cafeteria on-site. Employee lounge. Reimbursement for gym memberships offsite.

Cons

The day to day work is very painful. There is a lack of leadership, lack of clear direction, and too many people telling you to do different things. I have at least 4 bosses that interact with me regularly, and a lot of people who try to act like my boss. I have a lot to contribute, and a decent amount of experience, but it's not really a place where you are encouraged - or even allowed - to step outside of your role, even when you know how to do something better. I've always felt smart at every other job, and I've always scored really high on performance evaluations... but something about working here makes you feel like you aren't succeeding. I got an average performance review for the first time in my life in a year when I did new things and where my co-workers said I had done great work. I got less than a 3% increase. It hits you in the pit of your stomach to the degree that you don't even want to come to work anymore, because not only are you sad, but everyone around you is sad and frustrated, and burnt out from trying and not getting anywhere. Humor around the office is sarcastic about the management, and degrading about the top leadership. I really have no idea what the measurement of success is here. It's just really sad and stressful. The parking lot is empty at 5 pm. People can't wait to get out of here at night. And the new high-deductible health insurance is a disappointing plan for families that have preexisting health issues. The new business of the company doesn't make up for how awful it is to work here. And folks joke about if we will be able to pull off these new deals.

Please live your stated values. Please care about the people, and it's your job to help us be successful by creating an environment that identifies and rewards hard work. Please don't continue to treat us like this. The culture and benefits are no longer worth it. We care about what the company does, but when it gets to the point you are demoralized and sad, and when no one around you wants to come to work, it's better to care about what the company does from afar.

Poorly managed Mess

I have been working at MorphoTrust USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay and Benefits are average.

Cons

Virtually no input from management, basically because there is none. The managers that they do have are overworked and spread too thin.

You have to have better communication with your employees!

Not worth the effort

I worked at MorphoTrust USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great team members that have outstanding futures however I do not forsee those being at MorphoTrust

Cons

The company has recently shifted its focus on enrollment, while financially this may be a gain they are completely forgetting about the DL side that put them where they are. The management that I encountered while working here is very incompetent and not very knowledgeable about the product they support. The leads are chosen either by ways of nepotism or favoritism.

The building is full of family members so growing within the company is nearly impossible. The supervisors are naive to think that they run the show, half of the time they are out to eat with there family members that work in the office or the leads which were chosen not because of skill but because of "other reasons"

HR is a complete joke at this company, when complaints are given they are filed away for years and nothing changes, even when multiple complaints are provided by numerous people.

Get out while you can

Long road ahead but great potential

I have been working at MorphoTrust USA full-time

Pros

Great people (Mostly), tech & customer base. Many of these more negative postings look out of date. Merging so many seperate companies and then getting aquired caused a lot of trauma to the company but that is mostly past.

Cons

Values process over people. It is hard to make a difference

Too focused on operational details- Need a unifying direction fo the company to rally behind- 7 values is just trying to cover all of the bases without making any stand out - and when we list values that we want instead of that we do it feels hypocritical.

Worst company I ever worked for. Very inexperienced management and company treats employees terribly.

Current Employee - Enrollment Agent
    Current Employee - Enrollment Agent

I have been working at MorphoTrust USA (less than an year)

Pros

There are absolutely none at all. This has been by far the worst career experience I've every had. I made a big mistake by accepting this job

Cons

Everything from management to leads to the work place and environment.

The company is ran by a bunch of inexperienced uneducated leads and managers

Horrible. Avoid if you value your sanity. The Titanic ended better than this.

Former Employee - Field Service Technician
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician

I worked at MorphoTrust USA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You can quit? Seriously, the pro's are dwindling quickly. As a field tech you were once given freedom to form your plan of attack for the day and to be trusted to make crucial judgement calls. This is no longer the case. There is constant oversight and monitoring & GPS installed into everything but your head, (maybe soon?) . It's just not a fun place to work anymore.

Cons

At first you might think the product line is being destroyed by an incompetent CEO. It's the opposite. This is a man who is very smart. Basically, he couldn't care less about the product line and views the company as service provider; instead of the powerhouse solution's provider (it once was...) that has afforded him the chance to destroy it. You could say he is an opportunist. But hey, that business right?!

Poorly run divisions such as DL and Enrollment services have essentially infected the other foundation level segments and what's worse is that all of the employees are being "melded" together like it's some sort of Vulcan ritual. Square peg? No problem, you'll fit in that round hole if we press hard enough. What's worse is the lower end entry level "people" who feel entitled to the same compensation and consideration as senior employees with higher education and experience, and the fact that management values them the same.. (Which isn't all the high to begin with)

Quit?
    I have no idea how you fix this. FUBAR at the highest level. One thing that might be nice? Try some transparency and a touch of honesty when you are going screw an employee over. (Raises (lack of) , health care , GPS tracking..)

If you are talented, driven, and hard working then stay away from MorphoTrust. You will be very disappointed.

Former Employee - Former Employee in Billerica, MA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Billerica, MA

I worked at MorphoTrust USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- There are some nice people to work with
    - The industry is an interesting space to work within.

Cons

MorphoTrust's problems stem from the lack of leadership. Senior management focuses their attention on pleasing the CEO and saving their own job, instead of making decisions that are for the best interest of the company. This comes at the expense of their employees and customers. Sr. Management consists mainly of people with little relevant experience for the departments they are leading. They have been promoted from within because they simply had no one else to do the job. They have been shuffled around during numerous reorganizations in an attempt to "fix the problems". The net effect is that the problems are merely shuffled around with the reorganizations. It is puzzling that the CEO cannot understand why none of the company's significant problems are fixed.

If you want to work in an environment with a diseased culture that lacks innovation then this company is for you. The departments are extremely compartmentalized and are constantly taking jabs at each other. Sr. Management's motivation is to constantly blame the "worker bees" in an attempt to void themselves of any responsibility. They keep their jobs by remaining under the radar especially when problems arise.

Even though the company continues to invest more money into "Process Improvement" the projects are continually late and over budget leaving more customers dissatisfied. New processes will not fix the problems as the problems are fundamental in nature.The firing of Sr. Management would be a good first step to get the company back on track.

The company is fostering bad behaviors by rewarding the people who are poorly performing and punishing the employees who do a great job by expecting them to do more until they become burnt out.

Giving advice to Management would be like giving advice to a monkey. They wouldn't listen and if they did they wouldn't understand you.

Management needs to stop pretending like they know what they are doing. If the company would focus on basic principles of quality, engineering, and delivering solutions then maybe they would have a chance at changing in a positive way. With these changes would be happy employees and ultimately happy customers. Companies that have happy employees tend to be more successful. Management should understand that they are responsible for the company's successes and failures and they are the ones in control of the company. They should stop looking to blame others and for problems to be solved from the "bottom up". This is not Leadership. As an industry leader MorphoTrust should be ashamed of themselves for the way they operate.

SR Production Support Supervisor

I have been working at MorphoTrust USA

Pros

Opportunity to learn and develop as an employee. The management team is always willing to help you through any problem that comes up.

Cons

What I find most challenging about work here is the lack of team cohesiveness. Some co-workers have the attitude that it is not my job and will not help get to the root cause of some problems.

Enrollment Agent

I have been working at MorphoTrust USA full-time

Pros

This is the perfect job if you like doing nothing.

Cons

Pay and no room for growth.