Morris Magnets Reviews

2.3
Del Hilkemeier

1. Nothing like what the other reviewers said

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monroe, WA

I have been working at Morris Magnets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I admit I was scared off by the negative reviews I read before taking a job at Morris Magnets, but after being here for a little over a year now, I have not seen anything like the previous reviewers described. I don’t drudge coming into work every day.

I think all the jobs have some sort of incentive program to them, so if you work smart and hard, you have the potential to make more money instead of getting paid just your hourly wage, and nothing else.

Cons

I noticed they want people who fit in, and produce. If you have a bad attitude, you will not last long, but this is happens at every job.

Advice to Management

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything.

2. don't come here, even if you're desperate for employment

Former Employee - Cutter/Buffer in Monroe, WA
    Former Employee - Cutter/Buffer in Monroe, WA

I worked at Morris Magnets full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i'm trying to come up with one but this place is a really, really awful place to work i have never heard any current employee or former employee say anything nice about the company or management.
    no Drug or Alcohol testing, i guess

Cons

-there are absolutely no pay raises at all for any job positions, ever. there is also no real opportunity for advancement
    -you are thoroughly disrespected and mgmnt has a willful and wanton disregard and disrespect for staff
    -management is completely unprofessional, crass, inconsiderate, and incredibly incompetent
    -zero opportunities for promotion/raise
    -very few employees (in any dept.) have worked here longer than 1 year, those who have, hate it, and will tell you explicitly.
    -they knowingly hire felons and convicted and registered rapists/sex offenders
    -the only two positive ratings on here were filled out by management in an effort to increase potential employee interest in the company
    -management displays signs of neurosis and a "cluster b" dramatic personality disorder
    -Senior employees are very competitive and do not appreciate talented new comers
    -special treatment is commonly given to senior employees due to a long standing personal relationship between the two
    -due to the rate of attrition, most employees are impersonal to newer employees because they have already seen how many people come and go.

Advice to Management

be humble enough to realize that the rate of attrition is due to your mismanagement and maladroit management practices. the extremely high overturn rate is not due to inept employees, but your overall incompetence.

Disorganized management that fails to work with staff

I have been working at Morris Magnets (Less than a year)

Pros

Free donuts, Doritos and Twinkies every Friday morning

Cons

In a discussion about an employee that they had fired in the past, the management talked about how one of them had tried to contact this person about a file they were trying to track down. They discovered that she had committed suicide not long after the termination. They both found this amusing, and chuckled about the incident. This is a prime example of the level of maturity and empathy that you will encounter while dealing with these people. The office "culture" is generally everyone scrambling to get work done in a panic because of bad management planning, budgeting and lack of oversight. And management is easily threatened by any employee who tries to present suggestions. Expect lots of overtime.

Advice to Management

Develop best practices, engage in quarterly and yearly business planning discussions, take management classes to learn how to work positively with staff, include and listen to your employees in key discussions and don't treat your employees as disposable commodities.

5. a fun and challenging work environment.

I have been working at Morris Magnets

Pros

Morrris Magnets is a fun place to work. Most employees have worked here for a long time because everyone enjoys coming to work. There are some very talented people who work here and everyone works together well.

Cons

Working here can sometimes be stressful due to the large amount of work that comes in under very quick deadlines.

Advice to Management

The leadership team has good comunnication with employees and has set up incentive programs to award you for doing a good job.

Frustrating.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monroe, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monroe, WA

I worked at Morris Magnets

Pros

Everything is done in house and made in the USA so that is a plus. There are some good people that work there.

Cons

This is a high turn-over position for a reason. For a person with professional skills this job is insecure and regarded as dispensable. Meaningful production is wasted due to having to answer innumerable customer calls than time spent actually producing the work. Alas you will get pressure for the lack of production and there are customers that will spin your wheels wasting more time with no return. Any real world job will shield production from customer calls so they can do their job efficiently. Also there seems to be an archaic disconnect from management and any complaints will be trivialized. Being a team player only works if it is reciprocated, so watch your back.

Advice to Management

Treating people with respect and showing fairness will create a better work environment. Showing duplicity and favoritism is demoralizing and disheartening.

What a joke

I worked at Morris Magnets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I no longer work there.

Cons

I have to agree with post from "Frustrating". Because for getting paid just a hair over minimum wage, and for the constant watch your back attitude from the owners, you are better off working at a burger joint. Incentive? Pennies. Worst place EVER!

Advice to Management

“a fun and challenging work environment.” writing your own reviews, to make yourselves sound like it's a great place to work is the BIGGEST joke!

RSS Feed </> Embed