Morrison Healthcare

Updated December 9, 2014
3.2

Morrison Healthcare CEO Tim Pierce
Tim Pierce

Pros
  • Innovative, high tech, aggressive, high expectations, customer focus, great culinary teams, great training department (in 3 reviews)

• Professional development opportunities, continuing education, skill development, stable company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • A ton of drama and deceit at the the top, which "tinkles" down on the front line management (in 3 reviews)

• Very demanding non-stop work environment (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Experience!

Current Employee - Communications Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Communications Intern in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I heard about the communications internship with Morrison Healthcare from being a marketing intern with Morrison Senior Living. I have had a wonderful experience with Morrison Healthcare. Everyone is very nice and helpful. They asked me what I wanted to get out of this internship and what my strong and weak points are so that I can work on them to become more well-rounded. I have worked on social media projects, press releases as well as a variety of projects for individual people in the office. I would recommend interning with Morrison Healthcare to anyone because I believe they will get a lot out of it. If you put in the effort you really do learn a lot from this company.

Cons

I would recommend looking at your pay stubs to make sure that you have been paid the correct amount. Advice for Interns, make sure you get your goals correct as beacuse of the size of the company, it's easier to be invisible around here.

Dec 17, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to know about your great experience as an intern with Morrison Healthcare. We would like to suggest you to check our career page for opportunities with us ... More

Great place to work.

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Truly felt part of something great.

Cons

Mandatory marketing not always applicable at all locations.

Keep cascading the information.

Dec 17, 2014

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review and thank you for being part of the Morrison Healthcare family for more than 5 years! We are glad that you feel to be a part ... More

Good job, decent pay, demanding position, not a great opportunity for professional growth or mobility at my account.

Former Employee - Patient Services Manager in Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Patient Services Manager in Skokie, IL

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, excellent training, great variety of positions/facilities available to suit professional experience and interests

Cons

Lack of support from corporate level management, professional mobility very much determined by the performance of account level directors; if they're no good, you won't be able to move. Account level management tends to be stagnant with long tenures even for ineffective managers.

Regional and area management (directors) need to dig deeper into the unit level management for talent; bad directors may prevent the company from really making best use of talent at the account level.

Great internship opportunities!

Current Employee - Finance Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Finance Intern in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity for developing your hard finance skills i.e. working with Excel and Access. Projects vary in scope and complexity. The Financial Analysts try their best not to give you tedious busy work but projects that help you develop your skills and form a better understanding of the business. Also, most employees are friendly and more than willing to answer questions and share career advice.

Cons

Limited training is available for Interns. You have to display a can do attitude and cannot be afraid to ask questions.

The internship program is a great way to bring in new talent and network with students at local universities. Keep it up!

Great Company for Career Growth

Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Registered Dietitian in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training opportunities, Benefits, Flexible work schedule, Friendly environment. The office is in a great location accessible by public transport and surrounded by numerous fun things.

Cons

Long hiring process, high expectations, Upper management needs to reconsider the hierarchy. If you are in a lower position then there is a chance that you will be handpicked for promotion but you might have to be in the management's good books.

To be more modern

I would recommend interning/working at Morrison Healthcare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I heard about the marketing internship at Morrison Healthcare through a friend that was working in a similar area at Morrison Senior Living. I emailed a short introduction and my resume to the marketing and communications specialist who forwarded it along to the hiring person/who I’d be interning for. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful. I had a brief phone interview with the hiring person before being offered the position. Some of the questions asked were what did I hope to gain from this experience, how have my skills and past education helped me, and why do I believe I would be good in this position. The hiring person was very nice and enthusiastic. Her passion for her job and what she does is really inspiring. Everyone at Morrison Healthcare is extremely helpful and wants you to learn and make the best out of your experience here. They give you tasks to test your abilities and help you understand what all is out there and what you can do. Some of the things I’ve been working on include helping to make decisions about marketing tools, helping to come up with new marketing ideas, and posting the different marketing tools and information clients need to our websites. I have thoroughly enjoyed interning here and would recommend it to anyone. It is a great learning environment that lets you gain all kinds of knowledge.

Cons

Payment for hourly employees gets confusing. I would recommend keeping your own log of hours and how much you should be paid without taxes being taken out, compare that to your pay stub to make sure you are getting paid for all of your hours.

Great experience as long as you are in the right account

Former Employee - Director of Foodservice
    Former Employee - Director of Foodservice

I worked at Morrison Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits package and vacation from the beginning of employment. Great management training program room to grow into a career.

Cons

You will not be able to utilize you benefits fully, either you sacrifice your bonus ot take a vacation. Take your pick. Unreasonable budget expectations.

Your career will depend on the account you are given be selective. Management be more considerate of the directors.

Excellent training program, great opportunity for growth, interdisciplinary team

Current Employee - Patient Services Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Patient Services Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, insurance, recruiter was amazing and friendly

Cons

Waited for awhile after being hired to receive written offer package, companies they contract with aren't always predictable

Career Focused Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Morrison Healthcare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great leadership, friendly coworkers, great benefits, training

Cons

Huge organization easy to be unnoticed. You need the right attitude to excel here.

Higher management needs to set proper goals for the employees. Though there is immense growth opportunity but getting a perfect work-life balance can be stressful.

Misery all around.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I worked at Morrison Healthcare part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Better starting pay than some similar employers, and that is just about the only pro that I can think of. They do supply the shirts.

Cons

They do not supply the pants, or shoes, which you are forced to buy from a company that makes very poor quality, and rather uncomfortable shoes. Advancement for the "little guy," is slim to nil. Supervisors did not care about the employees, they seemed to be trained to treat the employees poorly. Saving money is huge for Morrison, but in all the wrong ways. Including, but not limited to, having lower level employees work higher paying positions, without the higher pay. Using low quality equipment, and food. The overall morale of the employees was incredibly poor, and the corporate nature of the company induced an almost hostile work environment for anyone who was not in a position of power. Also NO HOLIDAY PAY, and yes you will work holidays, guaranteed.

Stand up for the "little guy." Treat your employees right. Stop cutting corners. Create a better work environment.

Nov 26, 2014

Thanks for taking time to give us a feedback. We will assure you that, we provide intensive training to our managers and supervisors to focus on every employee. We have a carefully developed employee ... More

Morrison Healthcare Photos