Morrison Hershfield

www.morrisonhershfield.com

Morrison Hershfield Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014
Morrison Hershfield – Toronto – “MH Office”

Morrison Hershfield – Toronto – “MH Office”

Morrison Hershfield President & CEO Anthony Karakatsanis

Anthony Karakatsanis

Challenging company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMostly nice people to work with; competitive salary and benefits; beautiful office environment near terrific mall with great places for lunch! Perks include terrific "bring a dish" employee gatherings during office hours! Job training paid for if you pass the requirements.

ConsImmediate upper management too aggressive; ability to think things through seems to be difficult; no training program.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider selection of upper management personnel with an eye towards testing for aggressiveness, truthfulness, and ability to get along with other employees.

Great company, if you're with the right people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany treats you great, great benefits

ConsMay have to work with difficult people

Advice to Senior ManagementWorry more about how people work together

egotisical, condescending, curmudgenous, prima donna savants.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsEmployee-owned, great people below the management staff. Great CEO for U.S. existed when I started but, is no longer there.

Cons850 people, 37 Vice Presidents. More red tape than a company a thousand times the size of Morrison Hershfield. It takes a committee to decide to send an email.

Advice to Senior ManagementEd Gazzola is no longer the CEO of the United States Headquarters and that is the biggest problem with what has happened to the company. Ed was the best and the reason I came to Morrison Hershfield.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not so good!

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsFlexible work schedule and 37.5 hours weekly working hours. Good start up oriantation for new employees.

ConsThe company does not to have a good managing team. So this company has always been a second class compnay in the industry, so are the managers of this company. They have no ambition to become technically competent. They seem to be very content to be mediocres and have no ambitions to make the company stronger. This company does not have a standarized compnay-wise quality control process to control the quality of work, so lots of work went out without proper review. Young engineers may learn very bad experiences from the poor work they have worked on. For new grads, it is not a good place to start their career.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove those mediocre managers who are neither technically competent nor capable of helping expand company businesses. This company neesd a deep re-contrution of all levels of management and invest to attract better people to incrase its competency.

EIT position

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthey have a great 6 months mentoring program. the projects are challenging and very diverse

Consoffice culture, and compensation are way too low when comparing to industry average

Advice to Senior Managementlearn to be fair

Challenging - not because of the work, but due to little / no support from senior management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsDifferent projects, challenging by nature, the people overall are good to work with.

ConsSome members of the leadership team are / were less than forthcoming with necessary information to effectively do your work. Reporting relationships & organizational structure was constantly in flux.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the size of the management structure. Clarify roles / reporting relationships, and ensure information flows.

So much Potential..,

ProsThere is a recognition of what needs to be done to move from a small okay company to a great intermediate company

ConsThe accountability, plan and implementation of the business plan is not clearly communicated and as such the progress towards long term corporate goals is a little slower than hoped.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate Communicate Communicate.
    Occasional visits are not enough for remote staff (you know - those of us OUTSIDE Toronto) to feel part of the big team.
    More frequent shorter communication to ALL staff on topics that matter would go a long way to reinforcing Leadership Credibility

Revolving Door!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsFlex days, casual attire, competitive benefits,

ConsArrogant people, devalued skills and experiences of tech's, no support, very disorganized, Sr. Engineer was demeaning and arrogant, zero to no work 80% of the time, my position at MH was vacated 3 times in as many years.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a technologist I wasn't viewed highly in the department. My experience was devalued and wasn't appreciated. My input was ignored at all times, I didn't feel part of the team.

A diverse company, suffering culture as it grows.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people make this company.
    There are many offices across the country and open to transfer of staff.
    Flexible work hours and teleworking options available and promoted.
    Many challenging project opportunities and interesting client base.

ConsTop heavy, production floor missing sufficient staff. Slow to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide on where the company wants to go, and provide clear direction to staff.

Disappointment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsLo ca tion, flex hours,

ConsEveryone likes to delegate. Too many chiefs. Interview process is not "accurate" representation of what is to be expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a more correct and accurate job description and representation of the position at the interview instead of promising the candiate things that you don't plan on following through with. It's a waste of money to hire high paying positions with fancy titles and having them to do work that's 2 levels below what their titles suggests. When everyone is delegating, too few are actually doing the actual work.

Worked for Morrison Hershfield? Contribute to the Community!