Mortgage Connect

Updated January 5, 2015
Updated January 5, 2015
1.9

CEO

Very Calm Atmosphere and somewhat decent management staff.

Former Employee - Closing Coordinator in Moon Township, PA

I worked at Mortgage Connect full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Relaxing Atmosphere, All Personal there are very approachable and whiling to talk.

Cons

New Company, No 401K benefits, Poor Health Insurance that cost a lot, Weak Money flows and a lot of Layoff and a constant turnover.

I like my job and the people I work with

I have been working at Mortgage Connect full-time

Pros

I enjoy my position. We are a growing company and as such we can rapidly adjust to the market. Management is ambitions, and we have some talented people.

Cons

As other reviewers have mentioned, there is an "in" crowd. Competition rather than cooperation is far too common. Lower level employees do not seem to be valued by management (based upon how they are treated and their compensation). I think this has a negative effect on the culture at Mortgage Connect.

I think the root cause of most of the problems with the culture at MC is friction/rivalry amongst co-workers and management. This friction is expressed subtly and it slowly erodes the culture of MC. They should would work with HR or a consulting firm to develop a more positive culture.

Used to be a great place.....

Former Employee - Post Closing in Moon Township, PA
    Former Employee - Post Closing in Moon Township, PA

I worked at Mortgage Connect full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoyed working with many of the employees. Laid back, casual environment

Cons

Inappropriate relationships, high school buddies & family members of higher up management got anywhere in this company. If you were not a part of the "in" crowd, then you were not going to advance. Regardless of dedication & hard work.

Treat people fairly & stop playing favorites. Hard working employees should not feel singled out & degraded.

The award for the Worst Company to work for is.... Mortgage Connect

I worked at Mortgage Connect full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can watch the planes take off. The deli downstairs has good food. The building is a nice structure

Cons

Very inappropraite relationships are ongoing securing individuals their jobs. Complaints have been raised to HR regarding the unfair treatment however this behavior continues to go on. Management is very secretive and only works 9-5pm while the ones who are actually maintaining the relationships with clients and vendors are unseen and management would prefer them to be unheard.

Either management needs to learn to work with the employees as in role up their sleeves or new management needs to be developed or brought in. This includes the CEO.

Horrible company to work for.

Former Employee - Closing Coordinator in Moon Township, PA

I worked at Mortgage Connect full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the Head of HR is a very nice guy who seems understanding and the other employees excluding management are pretty easy to work with for the most part. the building itself is new which is a plus. They have little events like a costume contest at halloween which just breaks the day up a bit.

Cons

Management is horrible. They throw you in an industry where you can royally mess peoples finances up with no training and access to everything including SSNs. They hire mass amounts of people for a short time at low wages just to get a client or to keep a client from leaving/ get their work done then look for reasons to fire you so they dont have to pay you unemployment IF, thats a big IF, you make it past the period you can collect unemployment after. Theyre currently letting go people that are making the higher wage amounts (around $14/hr to higher people at almost minimum wage. They expect slave work for low wages and are constantly telling people "mandatory overtime" on saturdays. They expect way to much for the low wages and BS they put employees through. One other addition... When your working on your win (essentially a list of tasks that need completed) you can work all day and through lunch but when your not up to their ridiculous standards they treat you like your worthless even though again your working through lunch to try to help.

Actually look at how much employees work and stop going off of reports that do not reflect the dificulty of the tasks completed. Ex: title clearance wips. some title clearance is easy to clear, others take time. You have people blowing through TC because they are picking the easy ones making the harder working employees who try to clear the harder stuff look bad.

At one time I was proud to work here, but that time has passed.

Former Employee - Closing Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Closing Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Mortgage Connect full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The office itself is nice, newly built and comfortable. The majority of the regular employees are very nice and thoughtful people to work with. They occasionally offer breakfast or lunch to the employees for holidays and other events.

Cons

Like many companies today, management and executives have seemed to have forgotten that people, regular employees, are what keeps the company running on a daily basis. Decisions by executives and management are consistently made without realizing or thinking about the potential consequences and impacts of changes they are making. Nepotism is at an all time high and moral is at an all time low. Managers do not have a working knowledge of what each individual employee does on a daily basis.

Find a way to get back to the core values that Mortgage Connect was built on and stop trying to re-create and environment that was successful 10-15 years ago. Realize that you have (or had) the people to do this with and work with those employees to be successful. Firing good employees just to replace them with someone you know or someone you worked with previously...well, good luck.

I'd rather work in Iran wearing an American Flag

Former Employee - Closing Coordinator in Moon Township, PA

I worked at Mortgage Connect full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most of your fellow employees are great people. There is a nice deli downstairs for lunch. They have a lot of fun employee events for Halloween and other holidays.

Cons

Average pay, with no real raises. No Training as you usually have to learn everything on your own. No direction or instruction from Team Leaders or Management. Was let go with no warning despite being at the top of production in every project I was involved in. Then I was lied to in receiving owed Vacation pay.

Enjoy Hell. That's where you are headed with the way you treat people. Bunch of shameless, heartless people.

On the right track finally

Current Employee - Closing Coordinator in Moon Township, PA

I have been working at Mortgage Connect full-time (more than a year)

Pros

New management that works with employees. More encouragement and coaching now. Employees who aren't doing their part are finally being addressed. Less favoritism.

Cons

Long hours at times, training getting better

More managers who roll their sleeves up and help the employees

Terrible Place to Work

Current Employee - Closing Coordinator in Moon Township, PA

I have been working at Mortgage Connect full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Jobs are available all of the time!

Cons

As a closing coordinator, there was no assistance or support. Management is poor and team members are pitted against each other. People are fired with no notice and with no cause. I saw 20 people from all departments leave within 30-40 days after starting and many that were fired while they are continually hiring.

Learn how to treat the employees well and value them as assets rather than disposable units.