Mortgage Contracting Services

Updated October 11, 2014
Updated October 11, 2014
2.5

Caroline Reaves

MCS has many opportunities if you are able to swallow your pride and put in time.

Former Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator
    Former Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator

I worked at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time

Pros

-good benefits
    -willing mentors in upper management
    -hassle free time-off requests
    -great business model
    -Yearly bonus
    -Christmas party

Cons

-Hires too many recent college grads who have unrealistic expectations regarding pay, benefits, and promotion. It difficult to retain people who walk in off the street with unrealistic expectations, several of those people seemed to make it through the hiring process.

I suggest putting hopeful Team Leads through a one week management course. They would be required to pass challenging tests that will show they are ready to handle team lead duties. This will weed out the weaker candidates, save time during interviews, and make your Director selection pool much stronger when you need to promote someone. Also, BAN ALL PERSONAL INTERNET USAGE for APC's/TEAM LEADS. Let them know that they need to earn the right to check their personal bank statements, Facebook pages and fantasy teams.

Mediocre at Best

Former Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator II in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator II in Plano, TX

I worked at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Time off requests are generally granted assuming you have built up enough PTO and put the request in far enough in advance, health insurance, 401k matching, annual holiday bonus that ends up at around $600 after taxes if you've been there long enough, paid hourly so you don't have to take work home with you, there are a couple of good managers here that go out of their way to make you feel like a valued member of the company.

Cons

Office politics, a few 'lead from the rear' managers, nepotism, pay is very low and raises are laughable, not much opportunity for advancement, blatant favoritism, the work is extremely monotonous and meaningless, promotions are arbitrary rather than having a clear path to move up in the company, public shaming in front of your team and others when mistakes are made, the QA department reviews processes they haven't actually worked themselves and were months behind the teams that did actual work so you end up having to justify your actions from months ago.

- Lay out a clear path to promotion rather than basing them off of whatever a team lead happens to be feeling at the end of a quarter.
    - Give an actual raise when you promote an employee instead of giving them a small one time bonus.
    - The QA employees should actually work the processes they are in charge of reviewing. More often than not their assessments were incorrect due to not researching the whole picture at a property. The delay in QA feedback is ridiculous. We were getting QA feedback on work completed months beforehand.

Another day another dollar

Current Employee - Supervisor in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Plano, TX

I have been working at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A paycheck twice a month

Cons

Time off, no advancement, overworked

Training

Good start from college

Former Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator in Plano, TX

I worked at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-lenient on time off
    -good benefits
    -good people to work with
    -out going engaged CEO
    -cupcakes the first Friday of every month and free food a good amount.
    -overtime is offered and is optional

Cons

-management positions are limited
    -micromanaging is a problem
    -compensation is not very good
    -training is very antiquated and not effective

More incentive programs on performance would boost morale in the office and help with the turnover problem.

Great only if you are related to senior managementor a family friend of a higher up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Unless you are late all the time you probably wont get fired

Cons

Management doesn't consider any ideas from employees. Numbers are preferred over quality. Promotions are once in a blue moon and pay caps very low. Even if you are skilled and ambitious, you still may not get a chance to move up. There is a lot of nepotism, and it starts at the top.

Be nicer to your employees. Treating people as if they are easily replaced and nothing but objects has already destroyed morale. Stop rubbing your money in our faces, you know what we make and we know there is no chance anyone will get to your position.

Good COmpany Culture

Current Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator II in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator II in Plano, TX

I have been working at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pro employees, Great benefits and working environment. Technology savvy for the Default Industry. Excellent Training. I really enjoy the new hires training - 2 weeks in depth training of all aspects of the Default Industry. Large working space with new technology to make work faster and accurate. Upper management is always doors open. Communication within levels is adequate. Above average benefit package.

Cons

Opportunities for growth within the company are limited and take a lot of time to get promoted on merits.

Be more proactive acknowledging performance rather than seniority.

The Ruston office is a glorified call center.........

Current Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator in Ruston, LA
    Current Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator in Ruston, LA

Pros

staggered starting, quitting, and lunch times..... I met some awesome people while I was there.

Cons

Nobody knows what the hell is going on. Ever. There is no method to the madness. Like others have said, the micromanagement is unbearable. Basically, they want you to be a good little robot.

If you don't do something about the turnover, it will come back to bite you in the butt.

I would suggest any person in the Tampa office to reconsider applying to MCS

Current Employee - APC in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - APC in Tampa, FL

Pros

Most co workers are great and enjoyable people to be around.

Cons

Cheap labor, micro management, lack of respect for employees, etc.Upper management is the worst part.

All people on the top need to be removed from the company, not team leads, but the people above them and up (all who make these stupid decisions over and over again)

Stable job for college student

Former Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator in Ruston, LA
    Former Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator in Ruston, LA

I worked at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers, work is stress free, good work environment, fun company activities

Cons

Low pay, micro managing, little room for growth, no privacy in workplace, new hire training needs improvement, lack of communication

Awesome Temp Job

Former Employee - Temp Asset Preservation in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Temp Asset Preservation in Plano, TX

I worked at Mortgage Contracting Services as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Simple work. They give you about 8 possible things you can do and I just chose the 2 simplest and fastest ones. You appear super productive this way.

Funny at times to see issues contractors deal with.

Co-workers have a sense of humor.

Great temp worker pay for no experience.

Get to listen to radio and music all day long.

Office wasn't dark and cage like. The cubicles were low enough so you could see all your co-workers.

Constant training and everyone was open to answering questions.

Great computer system compared to other outdated systems I've seen in other jobs. Had opportunity for 12 hours of overtime a week which was awesome.

Lot's of bathrooms in the building.

You decide when to take a lunch break.

Monthly pep talks to talk about how much record braking profits the lowly paid workers raked in for the owners of the company.

Cons

The repetitiveness will drive you crazy. I had to quit because I was there 11 hours a day M-F and 4 hours a day on Saturdays doing the exact same monkey business which drove me into a depression with a massive ringing in my ear. I was moving out of Dallas anyway but I couldn't continue doing the work for another week.

FOX News is the only channel ever on in the break room. Put on something entertaining.

Despite how easy the work is, I can see why people complain about the pay. I looked around and felt sorry for these people, knowing I got to leave but they were going to be stuck there for years.

The bathrooms on my floor were constantly being stink bombed. Thank God the building is full of bathrooms to use.

Don't make friends, people show up and leave that place constantly. I only worked there for a couple months but people were working there for less than a week.

Personally I loved that job as part time work. Just change the channel, up the pay for your full time employees, and get some bathroom fresheners. If I could I'd work there again when I'm back in Plano.