Mortgage Contracting Services

Good start from college

Former Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator in Plano, TX

I worked at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

-lenient on time off
    -good benefits
    -good people to work with
    -out going engaged CEO
    -cupcakes the first Friday of every month and free food a good amount.
    -overtime is offered and is optional

Cons

-management positions are limited
    -micromanaging is a problem
    -compensation is not very good
    -training is very antiquated and not effective

More incentive programs on performance would boost morale in the office and help with the turnover problem.

Another day another dollar

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Plano, TX

I have been working at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A paycheck twice a month

Cons

Time off, no advancement, overworked

Training

Great only if you are related to senior managementor a family friend of a higher up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unless you are late all the time you probably wont get fired

Cons

Management doesn't consider any ideas from employees. Numbers are preferred over quality. Promotions are once in a blue moon and pay caps very low. Even if you are skilled and ambitious, you still may not get a chance to move up. There is a lot of nepotism, and it starts at the top.

Be nicer to your employees. Treating people as if they are easily replaced and nothing but objects has already destroyed morale. Stop rubbing your money in our faces, you know what we make and we know there is no chance anyone will get to your position.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good COmpany Culture

Current Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator II  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator II in Plano, TX

I have been working at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pro employees, Great benefits and working environment. Technology savvy for the Default Industry. Excellent Training. I really enjoy the new hires training - 2 weeks in depth training of all aspects of the Default Industry. Large working space with new technology to make work faster and accurate. Upper management is always doors open. Communication within levels is adequate. Above average benefit package.

Cons

Opportunities for growth within the company are limited and take a lot of time to get promoted on merits.

Be more proactive acknowledging performance rather than seniority.

The Ruston office is a glorified call center.........

Current Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator  in  Ruston, LA
    Current Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator in Ruston, LA

Pros

staggered starting, quitting, and lunch times..... I met some awesome people while I was there.

Cons

Nobody knows what the hell is going on. Ever. There is no method to the madness. Like others have said, the micromanagement is unbearable. Basically, they want you to be a good little robot.

If you don't do something about the turnover, it will come back to bite you in the butt.

I would suggest any person in the Tampa office to reconsider applying to MCS

Current Employee - APC  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - APC in Tampa, FL

Pros

Most co workers are great and enjoyable people to be around.

Cons

Cheap labor, micro management, lack of respect for employees, etc.Upper management is the worst part.

All people on the top need to be removed from the company, not team leads, but the people above them and up (all who make these stupid decisions over and over again)

Stable job for college student

Former Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator  in  Ruston, LA
    Former Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator in Ruston, LA

I worked at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, work is stress free, good work environment, fun company activities

Cons

Low pay, micro managing, little room for growth, no privacy in workplace, new hire training needs improvement, lack of communication

Awesome Temp Job

Former Employee - Temp Asset Preservation  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Temp Asset Preservation in Plano, TX

I worked at Mortgage Contracting Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Simple work. They give you about 8 possible things you can do and I just chose the 2 simplest and fastest ones. You appear super productive this way.

Funny at times to see issues contractors deal with.

Co-workers have a sense of humor.

Great temp worker pay for no experience.

Get to listen to radio and music all day long.

Office wasn't dark and cage like. The cubicles were low enough so you could see all your co-workers.

Constant training and everyone was open to answering questions.

Great computer system compared to other outdated systems I've seen in other jobs. Had opportunity for 12 hours of overtime a week which was awesome.

Lot's of bathrooms in the building.

You decide when to take a lunch break.

Monthly pep talks to talk about how much record braking profits the lowly paid workers raked in for the owners of the company.

Cons

The repetitiveness will drive you crazy. I had to quit because I was there 11 hours a day M-F and 4 hours a day on Saturdays doing the exact same monkey business which drove me into a depression with a massive ringing in my ear. I was moving out of Dallas anyway but I couldn't continue doing the work for another week.

FOX News is the only channel ever on in the break room. Put on something entertaining.

Despite how easy the work is, I can see why people complain about the pay. I looked around and felt sorry for these people, knowing I got to leave but they were going to be stuck there for years.

The bathrooms on my floor were constantly being stink bombed. Thank God the building is full of bathrooms to use.

Don't make friends, people show up and leave that place constantly. I only worked there for a couple months but people were working there for less than a week.

Personally I loved that job as part time work. Just change the channel, up the pay for your full time employees, and get some bathroom fresheners. If I could I'd work there again when I'm back in Plano.

Can move up with good attitude and proven abilities

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Plano, TX

I worked at Mortgage Contracting Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Co-workers, Working environment, ice machine, facilities, mid level management and above have good pay and bonus opportunity, good cross training, fosters team mentality

Cons

Low pay for entry level and team leads, have a hard time reprimanding really bad managers because they're so good in other aspects

It could be worse...

Current Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator II  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Asset Preservation Coordinator II in Plano, TX

Pros

There are some well meaning people here.
    Get to listen to music.
    Work is simple.
    Complete seperation between work and life (hourly pay helps this)

Cons

Repetitive work
    Employees are only used for operations while all business functions (marketing, new business development, etc.) are handled by VPs with no opportunities given to current employees to grow in these areas
    Company culture is very down and out. Small groups of friends exist but for the most part you are welcomed every morning with sadness.

Use your employees. They are talented smart people. Let them out of the hamster wheel and spread some responsiblity for the company's success. Oh and some sort of bonus structure might aid in having employees have some sort of connection to MCS pas not trying to be fired.

Worked for Mortgage Contracting Services? Contribute to the Community!