Mortimer Bell International

Reset
2.3
CEO

Unprofessional

Pros

The people I worked along side with

Cons

I could write a novel to explain just how bad Mortimer Bell is to work for and I honestly believe people would find this very hard to believe. Firstly the level of professionalism is non existent. The owner has no respect for his staff. when you start you are promised training - 'training' consists of sitting in the office getting told how amazing the owner is at his job. pointing and making you feel worthless. after which you are expected to go head first into the recruitment world knowing what your doing. expectations were far to high and the KPIs changed on a weekly and sometime a daily basis! I have never in all my life been spoken to and humiliated so much as what you are at Mortimer Bell International. 'International' - No this company is not international. Although the commission plan is exceptionally good, this is very rarely paid to the staff, again with rules and KPIs changing regular its virtually impossible to keep anything consistent - during my time there I placed a number of people in roles but never seen any of the commission!

Advice to Management

quit your day job!

A joke. Avoid at all costs.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England (UK)

I worked at Mortimer Bell International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

City Centre location. Excellent view of highly popular BrewDog pub.

Cons

Utterly ridiculous place to work. If you survive the 13 hour days, the regular ranting sessions from a management seemingly incapable of deciding what they want to do, and the constant repetitions of 'push it people' supposedly motivating you to work ever harder, then you could have a career at mortimer bell. KPI's change on a sometimes weekly basis. Targets are unrealistic, and not based on reality. A bonus structure is in place, but management will also try and deny you that bonus at every opportunity with ridiculous excuses. Also be warned that the clueless management, who do not contribute in any meaningful way to the activity of the firm seem to operate on a policy of flogging their staff for approx 6 months then making life so unbearable you will either quit or be fired for not achieving ridiculous standards just before you are due to be paid hard earned commission.

Advice to Management

Contribute to the business. Wake up to modern recruiting techniques, and do some work.

Chaotic

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I worked at Mortimer Bell International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity (when the targets aren't changed on a weekly basis) to make bonus. City Centre location

Cons

Where to begin; As you will see from here it sells itself as 50 plus employees..... there are currently 4 including the owner. There is literally ZERO consistency at Mortimer Bell, with constant changing of goalposts. KPIs and targets set get changed on a weekly basis. The basic salary is around £3-5000 less than market rate whilst the commission is ok. I used to dread coming into work every day as there is no plan and no direction to where this company is going. Also absolutely zero training is provided for the role you are expected to just get on with it. I have worked at various companies and have never even come close to an experience to rival this one for bad quality.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on retaining staff rather than talking constantly about expansion plans.

5. Great Place to work

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Durham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Durham, England (UK)

I have been working at Mortimer Bell International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Challenging varied work. Great people and great company culture. Honest feedback from Managers and Director Level Pushed to develop yourself and given training from day one. Good work/life balance for Recruitment firm. Great Career progression to move on and start your own market.

Cons

Long Hours- but you don't mind because the company culture is very good.

Advice to Management

None

6. Working Here

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Durham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Durham, England (UK)

I have been working at Mortimer Bell International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Place to work , highly recommend.

Cons

The hours are long but when you get use to the Company football tickets and take advantage of the weekend breaks to Marbella and other locations you can justify long hours.

RSS Feed </> Embed