Morton Buildings Reviews

Janet Getz

Best in Industry

Current Employee - Manager in Morton, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Morton, IL

I have been working at Morton Buildings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've enjoyed working for Morton Buildings for over 8 years now. I came from a large publicly traded company with tons of red tape and politics. Morton is family-owned and based on family values. They truly care about their customers and put them first. This was refreshing for me. The product is top-notch and the brand is iconic. Profit is important, but will not come at expense of the company's product or reputation. There are lots of opportunities here....especially if you're willing to relocate.

Cons

No company is perfect and neither is this one, but it is a great place to work. The workforce is "aging" which means many of the leaders will be retiring soon. "Bench-Strength" is shallow right now but that means lots of opportunity for others.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and focus on recruiting and developing people. A lot of knowledge will be lost when the current workforce retires. Average tenure at this company is phenomenal! Well over 20 years.

2. Great Company!

I have been working at Morton Buildings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for. They have wonderful benefits, incentives, and great employees. They are moving in the right direction!!

Cons

none to describe at this time.

3. Great Place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morton, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morton, IL

I have been working at Morton Buildings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always pushing to be the best! They give employees the opportunity to speak their mind and make things better. Upper management realizes that the driving force behind our success is our construction crews and they are continually searching out ways to take care of them. Extreme longevity by its employees reflect that this is a great place to work!

Cons

Longevity of employees tends to lend to being mired in the old way of doing things.

Advice to Management

Push and reward employees for continuous improvement! Don't be afraid to venture outside the company for hires to bring in fresh ideas!

5. anonymous

I have been working at Morton Buildings full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

pleasant co-workers. above average benefits. compensation for work is about standard for this area. If you work hard, you will get rewarded.

Cons

I have been here so long that most of the cons don't really matter. If they did, I would have left along time ago. .

Advice to Management

Don't forget that it is your people that makes or has made MBI the top building co. in this industry!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Strive to make a good company great

I have been working at Morton Buildings full-time

Pros

The company pays its employees well and has great benefits. The atmosphere of the corporate office is relatively relaxed and upbeat. The company is really striving to make some fundamental changes for the betterment of all employees and customers.

Cons

For a company that's been around as long as MBI, I'm surprised at the lack of corporate generated employee recognition program. The company should also look at more perks, such as tuition reimbursement.

Advice to Management

Stay on the path you're on. Keep listening to your employees and customers, and stay flexible.

Good product, OK company, Management could be better

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Morton Buildings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of freedom, you are selling a great product, technically supported well.

Cons

No direction from management, constantly changing leadership, Nepotism in management. A once great company that has lost its way.

Advice to Management

get some management. Choose a direction, stop letting the tail wag the dog.

8. Good company moving in the right direction

I have been working at Morton Buildings full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Private family owned, core values, advancement opportunites, profit sharing

Cons

Overcoming poor performance, hiring and bad habits left behind by past leadership

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It is great to be a part of a company that dominates it's industry and continues to pay it's employees well. This company was built on great people capable of doing great things and we once again are starting to see this return to Morton Buildings.

Are Crooks and will leave you high and dry even if you put in your 2 weeks

I worked at Morton Buildings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well some people that are there are great people, just had their heads in the "Morton Building Cookie Jar" way too long.

Cons

Where to start... Was promised a company car on the start of my job... so I took the lower salary because figured the car would offset it, never saw a car... When a employee left, they would give you their duties on top of yours and NEVER is a pay raise to be discussed as it won't ever happen. The only ones that are happy in the company is the upper management "the good ol boys club". They will make sure to screw you on benefits , if you smoke they will charge you $40.00 a month for what they say is because smokers cost them more each month. If you are a salary employee they will say right off the bat that to do your job and to do it satisfactory you are to work a min of 55 hours a week, no you won't get paid for those hours worked but you are required to work them. The benefits are cut rate, and VERY expensive, the 401k I wouldn't bother because they will cheat you out of it.

Advice to Management

Looking forward to when you are all investigate for fraud, and receiving kickbacks on contracts. I will laugh my rear off when that little good ol boy clan goes down. No I am not even bitter just think it is so sad how you screw over so many that are in desperate need of a job and you just prey on them. I am so happy I chose a bigger and better pasture because yours is so full of crap. they were finally happy that they made a profit last year but the only ones to see that were management, they swept the true numbers under the table so no one would know what they made. Heck the Sr management fired Neihouser 2 years ago, and now it is run by people that are just family and no clue how to sell water in a desert. They think they are the best company out there, I will give them that they build a nice building, but price over value it is best to look elsewhere and not get screwed over by the hidden charges Morton will do to you. Hey also try training employees instead of just putting them at their desk and walking away!

Morton's can be a great place to work at

Current Employee - Crewman
    Current Employee - Crewman

I have been working at Morton Buildings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Morton's has alot of work, will teach hard work ethics,and they are very organized. A great place for a high school graduate to come into and learn what work should be. Days go by fast when you are having fun and working with great guys.

Cons

Pay is not good, a lot of sweat and fun turns into tears and disappointment on payday. Personally I feel, too many fat cats in corporate. I also believe alot of the pay issues stem from OSHA non-sense.

Advice to Management

Its only going to get harder to find people to work hard for you, these boys ever figure out what competitive wages are you could be in trouble.

11. Good place to work. Could be getting better

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Morton Buildings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Self made schedule, not micro managed

Cons

Pay not the best could be much better

Advice to Management

Doing good job.

RSS Feed </> Embed