Morton Hospital and Medical Center

Morton Hospital and Medical Center Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

A stressful yet fullfilling job

Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee)
    Taunton, MA

ProsThe pay and professional atmosphere

ConsGlitches within the system regarding inventory and computer downtime practices.

Nice co-workers but little is done to improve the hospital

Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee)
    Taunton, MA

ProsI enjoy working with my fellow co-workers at this hospital. They were very nice to me right out of college and I felt needed and depended on.

ConsI know I came here out of college but the pay is really low; however, I hear this hospital pays well for experianced workers. Management is frusrating. Every time I go to them for significant issues that need to be addressed nothing is done to fix it. Nurses are very rude on the phone, it's extremely unprofessional! Moral is low since improvements to the hospital are nonexistant. There are so many holes in the schedual, and no where near enough staff to fill it all, because of this the staff is over worked and stressed. This problem is hospital wide.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees! If there is an issue or mistakes made then fix them. Patients should always come first. If you do not address the issues, they are the ones that suffer the most!

Disappointing

Taunton, MA

ProsNone since this hospital was bought by Steward

ConsHorrible upper management - constantly changing
    Unhappy employees
    Disgruntled community
    Terrible communication on all levels
    Human Resources - totally disorganized

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk your talk and realize the value in seasoned employees. Yes you pay a little more in salaries but that will bring your scores and satisfaction levels up. Steward told upper management not to hire new employees with more than 2 years experience because they cost too much. Well the 2 commercials I saw on The Summer Olympics for Steward would have paid for who knows how many salaries for how many years????????? Priorities people !

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dont pay enough.

Medical Biller (Current Employee)
    Taunton, MA

ProsSo the only major thing keeping me here is it is close to home which is convenient with kids in school. The benefit package is decent. Monday through Friday schedule with no overtime/weekends/on-call

ConsThey do not pay their employees enough. Policies seem to differ from dept to dept. Managers seem to hire their friends first.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up informed,

horrible management mostly lack there of

Taunton, MA

Prosmost of the floor staff are supportive of each other

Consmanagement or lack there of, no support given, no "open door policy" to try to work out problems. If you don't belong to a union then you have a problem

Advice to Senior Managementrealize the talent you have, stop making you staff work mandatory over time. get management that does not "micromanage" and who do not get a bonus for keeping their department under budget

Ok if you don't take it too seriously.

Taunton, MA

ProsAs a non professional (not being a doctor or nurse) it was a good place to learn whether or not you liked the medical field. Hours could be flexible if you wanted them and something interesting was always happening.

ConsIf you weren't one of the nurses or doctors you were lower than dirt. While learning the ropes if you did something wrong you were either yelled at or huffed at like you were some type of bumbling idiot. A lot of cattiness went on amongst my co-workers with a general disrespect to the supervisor. Made for a stressful work environment in an already stressful situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf someone is grumbling about their job, show them the door. There are plenty of people looking for work.

Senior Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery few. Senior Management held the position of information is power. They generated much fear in the staff. It was not a positive experience.

ConsReally the same as above. There was little communication with line staff. Senior management,s ability to work with their unions was pathetic. People were very unhappy to work there. I was happy to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Board of Director's really needs to take a better look at Senior Management, I'm certain the Board is told just what they want to hear.

Worked for Morton Hospital and Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morton Hospital and Medical Center reviews and ratings. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Morton Hospital and Medical Center employees.