Mosaic Community Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
Jeff Richardson

1. Overall a great place to work.

Former Employee - Case Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Mosaic Community Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly atmosphere. Dedicated to mental health community change. Very hygienic company that tries to help its employees to the best of its abilities. One of highest paying case management salary in the area for little to no experience. Pretty good benefits.

Cons

Not too much upward mobility for my specific department. Some parts of the organization were prioritized over others (my part was on the lower end of the spectrum)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. Keep giving support to your employees, and open new opportunities as they come.

2. Good agency as a whole, depts are cliquey

Former Employee - Program Specialist in Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Program Specialist in Towson, MD

I worked at Mosaic Community Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a large agency with room to move around between divisions.

Cons

I worked in the crisis program and found the division director and upper management were very cliquey. The program coordinator does not know how to address people and often yells at staff or talks to them like they are stupid. If upper management doesn't like you they will do whatever it takes to force you to quit.

Advice to Management

Look into the reason why so many people leave their positions at the crisis program.

3. ok company, but too big

Former Employee - Program Director
    Former Employee - Program Director

I worked at Mosaic Community Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

lots of opportunities to move around, get experience, many different programs. large company so not going anywhere. if you're noticed as being good, you'll move up. i received multiple rapid promotions.

Cons

if you're not noticed as being good, you won't move up or it can be very difficult. can be very cliquey. does not show appreciation for mainline/direct care employees or even middle managers. upper management has new phones, new offices, etc while program staff are making very little money and working with old equipment.

Advice to Management

HR department are the biggest gossips, which is a problem. employee concerns and problems don't stay a secret. also show appreciation for employees as they are your best resource.

5. Good entry-level position

Current Employee - Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor
    Current Employee - Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor

I have been working at Mosaic Community Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers. Lead interesting groups. Sometimes feel like you are making a difference in client's lives.

Cons

Not enough pay for the amount of work. Little room for growth.

Advice to Management

Increase pay to reduce turnover rate of employees. Make employees feel more appreciated.

6. Great Company

Former Employee - Program Director in Catonsville, MD
    Former Employee - Program Director in Catonsville, MD

I worked at Mosaic Community Services (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ability to advance and move around. Great Management.

Cons

Expensive Health Care benefits/health insurance.

7. Job Coach

Former Employee - Supported Employment Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Supported Employment Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Mosaic Community Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility to make your own schedule (within an 8-4 or 9-5 work day), Good Supervision

Cons

Loads of paperwork, Time management skills are a MUST!, Communication with treatment team was lacking at times.

Advice to Management

N/A

8. If you like drama, you'll like Mosaicinc

Former Employee - Treatment Coordinator
    Former Employee - Treatment Coordinator

I worked at Mosaic Community Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job. Parking was ok. You are able to help some people. You gain adult babysitting skills.

Cons

Rehabilitation plans are not enforced. Residents in RRP have their entire SSI check taken by Mosaic and are then given $30/mo for personal needs. Residents are not actively engaged or encouraged. Staff and Management engage in sexual and romantic relationships which make the work environment often hostile. Management sides with client and allows staff to be victim of verbal (sometimes physical) abuse at hands of client. HR is dismissive of complaints and "complainers" seemed to be terminated shortly after reporting to HR. Unqualified and underqualified management. Poor training, ineffective rehabilitation scope. Mostly, Mosaic is clique-run. Staff have sex with managers and bring the resulting issues to work. Unprofessional director of program. The site is falling apart and Jeff Richardson continues to ignore the problems.

Advice to Management

Fix it, MHA and DHMH are also informed.

9. Good first job out of college

I worked at Mosaic Community Services (More than a year)

Pros

The offices are small so everyone is close knit. They have a good mission and mean well.

Cons

It's a nonprofit so the pay is not that great. Also the management is not promising. It seemed like something was always wrong and people didn't enjoy working together.

Advice to Management

Visit all of the branches more and meet your employees to get a good sense of what is actually going on and how employees are being treated within the locations. I had more than a few experiences with supervisors were not professional at all.

10. Rehabiliation Counselor, Timonium PRP

Current Employee - Rehabilitation Counselor, Timonium PRP in Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Rehabilitation Counselor, Timonium PRP in Timonium, MD

I have been working at Mosaic Community Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid vacation time, hours are 8am to 4pm, leading groups can be fun and rewarding

Cons

Pay is not enough for the work that is expected ($11.50/hour), management/HR is so out of touch with the clients (they act like they're afraid of the clients), and the clients expect so much from staff but don't always show gratitude for our efforts

Advice to Management

Communicate with the clients more! Take the suggestions that staff and clients give. Don't act so afraid of clients and treat us lowly staff like we are less than.

11. I loved working for Mosaic, was a wonderful opportunity I will never forget.

Pros

Diverse, relaxed setting loved it!

Cons

I enjoyed every bit of it! No complaints here!

RSS Feed </> Embed