Mosaic Company (Minnesota) Reviews

Reset
3.5
Mosaic Company (Minnesota) President, CEO, COO, and Director Jim Prokopanko
Jim Prokopanko

Pros
  • Good work/family balance, fair compensation and good benefits (in 6 reviews)

• that will help employees expand their professional development (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The 8 hour shift is exhausting and grueling (in 2 reviews)

• Florida is very hot during the summer (in 3 reviews)

1. Fantastic Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Mosaic Company (Minnesota) full-time

Pros

I enjoyed every day I worked at the Mosaic Company in Minnesota. The company believes in a solid work/life balance. The executives promote company-wide programs to assist in the community and also to create a closer relationship with fellow employees in different departments by allowing various events throughout the year.

Cons

For me, it was a long drive with no option to work remotely during the bad Minnesota winters.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees' ideas and recommendations for future growth and change opportunities.

2. Best job

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Mosaic Company (Minnesota) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to be associated with. Allowed for growth and advancement, if you desired to advance. Opportunity to travel. Excellent pay and benefits for our area.

Cons

As with most companies IT had some issues.

3. Great people

Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large organization with a lot of opportunities including global. Invests in people, fairly stable industry.

Cons

Only real con is it is such a great work environment there is not a lot of career advancement opportunities, mostly lateral opportunities.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job, keep it up!

5. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Electrical Draftsman in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Current Employee - Electrical Draftsman in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work Hours, Benefits, pension, co workers, work enviroment

Cons

Hand tied by the union sometimes

6. Great people and interesting work. Clear route for advancement.

Current Employee - Engineering Coop in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Current Employee - Engineering Coop in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, good compensation and benefits as well as professional development opportunities.

Cons

Long working hours and about an hour drive from Saskatoon

Advice to Management

Workload is considerable for the amount of employees at Colonsay.

7. Worked as a change agent for a massive re-tooling effort

Former Employee - ROIC Specialist in Lithia, FL
    Former Employee - ROIC Specialist in Lithia, FL

I worked at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

Small, able to advance
    Easy access to upper management
    Able to work at multiple sites without moving
    Could easily be a lifelong employer

Cons

Phosphate is not a famous industry - harder to transfer skills b/c many are unfamiliar w/ the industry
    Not many other places within central FL for ChemE's to work... if you don't like it, you'll need to move
    Production isn't for everyone, yet it's seen as a badge of honor & hard to advance without it

Advice to Management

Continue to hire college grads... those that are holding on now WILL retire eventually
    Offer more training to employees, such as CEM

8. Great co-op experience

Current Employee - Engineering Coop in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Engineering Coop in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

-As a co-op, I have had responsibilities for several projects a typical full-time engineer would have.
    -Very positive and motivated employees
    -Room for growth

Cons

-Limited locations (very little internationally)
    -Some work locations are in fairly remote areas
    -Some departments don't work as well together as others

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the co-op program while focusing on good communication between co-op leaders and employees. Continue hiring employees that are motivated and positive about the company.

90-95% Positive

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

Senior leadership does what they say they will do, and has managed to avoid management fads and "flavor of the month" changes in direction. They've stayed consistent on some people issues for 3-4 years. There is a strong knowledge that they are in a cyclical, commodity business and the finance people have done a great job weathering the recession with creative ways to avoid layoffs. Employees at all levels are hard-working folks, generous with their time, and genuinely want to help each other out. It's a hard-working, relatively flat company that is growing and there are many opportunities to work on challenging projects and to take on a lot of responsibility. Plus, a lot of employees can get behind the official mission, "To help the world grow the food it needs."

Cons

While there are a lot of project opportunities and responsibilty, the company culture is quite traditional, and may rub Millenials the wrong way with its limited work-life flexibility and hierarchical decision making procedures. It is an engineering-driven, "Minnesota Nice" culture that does not encourage conflict, and creative types may find it a bit stifling. The company is still working on the last bits of bringing together the two companies that merged to form Mosaic, and there are still some spots where there are "corporate vs. the field," or "the way we need to do it vs. the way we've always done it" issues that get in the way. Also, the hiring process is still being improved, and it can take 10 weeks and multiple interviews to get through from initial job application to an actual offer; be prepared for this, if you are an applicant.

Advice to Management

Advice to management: Stay focused on the same strategy and messages, like you are, and make sure we know the priorities all the way down to the front line. Take a good look at the innovation and change stuff and see where the senior leadership culture could be looser and less critical of things and people that are different. We implement a lot of business change suggestions, but not so much in improving the work culture. Either get things to move faster or provide more reassurance (with data) that we are moving fast enough to not only stay ahead of our competitors, but to deal from a position of strength if someone were to look at Mosaic as a potential acquisition. Get leaders at all levels to take the leadership stuff even more seriously, and measure and report on it so employees could count on coaching, feedback, and career development opportunities.

Everyone works together to make sure clients are cared for in a respectfull manor.

Current Employee - Direct Support Associate in Denison, IA
    Current Employee - Direct Support Associate in Denison, IA

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

Everyone works together in a respectfull manor and can take time with clients to help them to have a very good quality of life.
    , and we enjoy it!

Cons

There is not enough time in a day.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more money allowed for medpassers anf I think for van driving. They are a significant responsibility when someone takes that on.

11. Great place to work ,close group of people working in the dept 8-12 hours a day make it like family.

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

In this area of fla this is the best place to be working , the pay is great, the people you work with become family an make the best friends.Insurance, 401k, awards, dinners, safety training.

Cons

Power strugglers with new hire that friends with a person in Mangement. climb the ladder fast . ex: set up supervisor don't know the plants , giving orders

RSS Feed </> Embed