Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Great co-op experience

Current Employee - Engineering Coop  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Engineering Coop in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

-As a co-op, I have had responsibilities for several projects a typical full-time engineer would have.
    -Very positive and motivated employees
    -Room for growth

Cons

-Limited locations (very little internationally)
    -Some work locations are in fairly remote areas
    -Some departments don't work as well together as others

Keep investing in the co-op program while focusing on good communication between co-op leaders and employees. Continue hiring employees that are motivated and positive about the company.

Mediocre company with "Good 'Ol Boy" mentality

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lithia, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lithia, FL

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

Good benefits with a strong sense of community in the workplace, large corporation with a medium size company feel.

Cons

Short-term thinking, weak middle management, pay for performance formula is easily manipulated, functional silos, many of the issues are typical of a large corporation.

Promote because of ability to perform at the next level, not because of performance at current level. Peter's Principle is alive and well.

90-95% Positive

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

Senior leadership does what they say they will do, and has managed to avoid management fads and "flavor of the month" changes in direction. They've stayed consistent on some people issues for 3-4 years. There is a strong knowledge that they are in a cyclical, commodity business and the finance people have done a great job weathering the recession with creative ways to avoid layoffs. Employees at all levels are hard-working folks, generous with their time, and genuinely want to help each other out. It's a hard-working, relatively flat company that is growing and there are many opportunities to work on challenging projects and to take on a lot of responsibility. Plus, a lot of employees can get behind the official mission, "To help the world grow the food it needs."

Cons

While there are a lot of project opportunities and responsibilty, the company culture is quite traditional, and may rub Millenials the wrong way with its limited work-life flexibility and hierarchical decision making procedures. It is an engineering-driven, "Minnesota Nice" culture that does not encourage conflict, and creative types may find it a bit stifling. The company is still working on the last bits of bringing together the two companies that merged to form Mosaic, and there are still some spots where there are "corporate vs. the field," or "the way we need to do it vs. the way we've always done it" issues that get in the way. Also, the hiring process is still being improved, and it can take 10 weeks and multiple interviews to get through from initial job application to an actual offer; be prepared for this, if you are an applicant.

Advice to management: Stay focused on the same strategy and messages, like you are, and make sure we know the priorities all the way down to the front line. Take a good look at the innovation and change stuff and see where the senior leadership culture could be looser and less critical of things and people that are different. We implement a lot of business change suggestions, but not so much in improving the work culture. Either get things to move faster or provide more reassurance (with data) that we are moving fast enough to not only stay ahead of our competitors, but to deal from a position of strength if someone were to look at Mosaic as a potential acquisition. Get leaders at all levels to take the leadership stuff even more seriously, and measure and report on it so employees could count on coaching, feedback, and career development opportunities.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Everyone works together to make sure clients are cared for in a respectfull manor.

Current Employee - Direct Support Associate  in  Denison, IA
    Current Employee - Direct Support Associate in Denison, IA

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

Everyone works together in a respectfull manor and can take time with clients to help them to have a very good quality of life.
    , and we enjoy it!

Cons

There is not enough time in a day.

There needs to be more money allowed for medpassers anf I think for van driving. They are a significant responsibility when someone takes that on.

at times challenging,rewarding,beneficial.

Current Employee - Operator  in  Mulberry, FL
    Current Employee - Operator in Mulberry, FL

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

pay is above average,coworkers are pleasant, my supervisor is great to work for benefits are above average,but better than some others i know about,management do try get in touch with the hourly work force,about different issues. Safety is a priority over profit.

Cons

we are in the south and that good ole boy network is still hanging around, some things are better left alone.

get the feel of what the hourly people are thinking or how they feel about decisons that affect our every day activties.

It has been good fromthe beginning, andthings just keep getting better.

Current Employee - Assistant Supervisor  in  Carlsbad, NM
    Current Employee - Assistant Supervisor in Carlsbad, NM

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

Highest paying company in the area. Lots of opportunity for professional growth. The company is willing to pay for literature, classes, seminars, etc. that will help employees expand their professional development. The benefits are very good, too.

Cons

The people on shift work have a hared time balancing their personal and professional lives. The ones on a 12 hour shift have an easier time due to have more consecutive days off. The 8 hour shift, seven days a week is exhausting and grueling.

Listen to employees when they come to you with ideas. HAppy employees are mor productive emplouyees!

Slow right now. Have been sending back apps that are sent to me, no response.

Current Employee - Merchandising  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Merchandising in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

Availability and compensation, the online access, and 24hr service to some1 when you need assistance. They work with you when you have personal issues that occur at the worst times. They hire according to experience.

Cons

When your project is over it may take awhile before you are sent to another job site.

How often are the apps checked once the emails for job postings are sent out?

Agree with other reviews

Current Employee - Professional Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Professional Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

The pay is good for the region. It has large company benefits.

Cons

The other reviews are on the money. Don't come to Mosaic expecting to be a star performer, the culture of the company is one in which mediocrity and 2 hour lunch crowd protect their jobs. This means if you stand out, you will be a target. There is a poly-anna corporate headquarters in Minnesota that is out of touch with the incompetence in Florida. If you work here, expect to conform or be ostracized. Clique-ish. Salaried workers do not have a 21st century view of their union coworkers. The union is weak and runs scared. Upper managment in Florida is low rung and probably would flounder anywhere but Mosaic. It is a little world of its own, not a globally balanced company.

Accountability, outside consultants to thoroughly interview and assess.

Mosaic Review

Current Employee - Environmental Engineer Intern  in  Uncle Sam, LA
    Current Employee - Environmental Engineer Intern in Uncle Sam, LA

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

Family atmosphere with great people working along side you.

Cons

There are no cons working for Mosaic.

None

Good place to work, location is not as great.

Current Employee - Chemical Plant Co-Op  in  Mulberry, FL
    Current Employee - Chemical Plant Co-Op in Mulberry, FL

I have been working at Mosaic Company (Minnesota)

Pros

Benefits, stability, technical expertise, hands on

Cons

Location, movement within positions, new talent is sometimes not taken in consideration

Didnt have any comments on this, they were all good when needed

Worked for Mosaic Company (Minnesota)? Contribute to the Community!