Mosaic

Updated November 4, 2014
Updated November 4, 2014
3.1

Linda M. Timmons

The best employer I've had!!

Current Employee - Health Services Assistant in Liberal, KS
    Current Employee - Health Services Assistant in Liberal, KS

I have been working at Mosaic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are great.
    Everyone is willing to help out.
    The benefits are amazing.
    Knowing the daily routine is going to be the same but never knowing the outcome of what's to happen. Every day is a new adventure in every sense.
    Knowing that just because you're there the people in service are happy and excited to see you.

Cons

Not being able to advocate as much as some people need.
    People not wanting to stay on for long periods of time.
    Unable to pass certain medications due to nursing restrictions.

Mosaic Fertilizer, LLC Review

Former Employee - Safety Administrator in Mulberry, FL
    Former Employee - Safety Administrator in Mulberry, FL

I worked at Mosaic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Being in safety, training was an integral part of the job culture.

Cons

Above all the company exceeds in safety policies, training and the evaluation of employees connectivity.

I really liked working here, it's a good company

Current Employee - Team Lead in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Mosaic full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I really like working for Mosaic, they pay good, it's a good company, pay right away and depending the program they provide you their clothes and gas expenses.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Mosaic is a nice place to work

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Bartow, FL
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Bartow, FL

I worked at Mosaic as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Nice benefit and compensation. Great training

Cons

It's a fertilizer company, and so it's not a very clean place to work in. Be ready to get dirty! Moderate level of politic taking place.

Play less politics

Great company to work for if you can stand the constant change

I have been working at Mosaic full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Mosaic provides a fulfilling job to those who have the heart to work with people with intellectual disabilities. They offer generous PTO, a free health plan, and on-going training. There is never a dull moment. Front line staff have opportunities to take clients on major trips that will be once-in-a-lifetime experiences for the individuals in service, such as Six Flags, concerts, museums, etc., all free of charge to the employee.

Cons

Poor communication starting from the national level and trickling its way down. Efforts to improve leadership are being made, however, the culture and buy-in necessary to make them a reality are low. High turn over rates in most agencies leave front-line workers exhausted, and both front and middle management staff overloaded and burnt out.

Continue to move forward with efforts to change the culture, however, it would be beneficial if the agencies could see & feel the buy in starting with the national office. Also, it would be nice if persons on the MLC--especially the CEO-- would occasionally go and visit with those out there in the trenches--and not just in Nebraska. Also, more effort should be made to encourage and support those wanting to continue their education to further their careers, and more career building trainings should be offered as well. Also, the lack of preparation about the restructuring for those doing the front line work has been atrocious. Support and honesty during the process had been promised, but has yet to be seen, and the CEO took a sabatical right after the restructure was announced, leaving everyone to wonder what she was thinking and what is supposed to be next. Leaving your company and your people with no leader during a time of great distress leaves them to feel abandoned.

Mosaic is really a great company to work for.

Current Employee - General Office Assistant in Cheverly, MD
    Current Employee - General Office Assistant in Cheverly, MD

I have been working at Mosaic part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The environment is pleasant and the people there are friendly. It is an environmentally conscience organization. It has earned the title of the Best of the Best places to work in the United States for at least ten years in a row.

Cons

Mosaic is a printing company and printing companies are gradually becoming dinosaurs or extinct. Work often slows down and employees are laid off not certain when they would be call back in to work.

It would be great is the company had training program for employees already working for them so that when a new job opportunity is available, current employees can be trained and given a chance for promotion.

A well rounded experience (Intern)

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Riverview, FL
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Riverview, FL

I have been working at Mosaic as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

very strong about work safety, a lot of different areas to work on, people are very friendly and nice, great benefits for an intern

Cons

Sometimes there isnt a lot of work to do as an intern

continue with the strong culture of safety and keep being nice

Worked for Mosaic in Colorado for several years

Former Employee - Direct Support Associate in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Direct Support Associate in Loveland, CO

I worked at Mosaic full-time

Pros

A paycheck every couple weeks.

Cons

Very high turnover for many reasons including executives and management who do not care about staff or clients. They love to "investigate" employees so they have something to do and someone to target and fire. Unsanitary group home conditions, urine soaked bedding, mopping the bathroom and kitchen floors with the same mop. Aggressive clients who can do no wrong. Training is a joke. Low pay and overworked staff. Enormous amounts of state money going to management who simply don't care and rarely spend time at group homes or with clients.

Why bother?

A joyful place to work your very hardest!

Former Employee - Direct Support Associate (DSA) in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Direct Support Associate (DSA) in Loveland, CO

I worked at Mosaic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The staff is exceptionally caring for Mosaic clients and each other - the clients receive better care than 80% of people in this country care for themselves!

Cons

Like most non-profits, resources are very tight. Front line direct support managers and staff are underpaid and severely, unhealthfully scheduled and over-worked. Love for the clients and selfless service carries them through. Due to the highly regulated environment of care, when human error occurs at any level, the front line staff get disciplined.

Employ more direct support staff at every level. Set staff friendly work schedules.

It's all good. . . until it's not

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Papillion, NE

I have been working at Mosaic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really like the clients. Many of the direct support care workers are caring and thoughtful and in this field for all the right reasons. Unfortunately, many of the nurses and managers are lazy and don't support the people who do all of the work.

Cons

Absolutely no support for direct care workers. They fired the best employee at our house for no reason, with no evidence, because a crazy nurse accused him of something he didn't do. If someone like him can be fired, everyone else should worry. We're talking about someone who never called in, was never late, went above and beyond the job requirements. Poof! One day he was gone because he tried to get first aid for a client in the house, and the nurse accused him of all kinds of things. Easier to fire him and keep the nurse, right? Our house hasn't been the same since he left, and now the rest of us know to watch our backs around that nurse. The environment is awful.

Find managers who have lots of experience as direct support workers before moving into management. When you "investigate" issues, don't jump to conclusions first before the investigation. Advocate for the clients AND the workers. Stop railroading good employees. I'm looking for another job because of what I saw happen to the worker in my house. If you're a manager and reading this, you probably know who I'm talking about and should be ashamed for what you did to a good man.