Mosaic

Updated Mar 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Linda M. Timmons

A joyful place to work your very hardest!

Direct Support Associate (DSA) (Former Employee)
Loveland, CO

I worked at Mosaic full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe staff is exceptionally caring for Mosaic clients and each other - the clients receive better care than 80% of people in this country care for themselves!

ConsLike most non-profits, resources are very tight. Front line direct support managers and staff are underpaid and severely, unhealthfully scheduled and over-worked. Love for the clients and selfless service carries them through. Due to the highly regulated environment of care, when human error occurs at any level, the front line staff get disciplined.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy more direct support staff at every level. Set staff friendly work schedules.

It's all good. . . until it's not

Direct Support Professional (Current Employee)
Papillion, NE

I have been working at Mosaic full-time for more than a year

ProsI really like the clients. Many of the direct support care workers are caring and thoughtful and in this field for all the right reasons. Unfortunately, many of the nurses and managers are lazy and don't support the people who do all of the work.

ConsAbsolutely no support for direct care workers. They fired the best employee at our house for no reason, with no evidence, because a crazy nurse accused him of something he didn't do. If someone like him can be fired, everyone else should worry. We're talking about someone who never called in, was never late, went above and beyond the job requirements. Poof! One day he was gone because he tried to get first aid for a client in the house, and the nurse accused him of all kinds of things. Easier to fire him and keep the nurse, right? Our house hasn't been the same since he left, and now the rest of us know to watch our backs around that nurse. The environment is awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind managers who have lots of experience as direct support workers before moving into management. When you "investigate" issues, don't jump to conclusions first before the investigation. Advocate for the clients AND the workers. Stop railroading good employees. I'm looking for another job because of what I saw happen to the worker in my house. If you're a manager and reading this, you probably know who I'm talking about and should be ashamed for what you did to a good man.

I enjoyed my time at Mosaic

Direct Support Associate (Former Employee)
Cromwell, CT

I worked at Mosaic full-time for less than a year

ProsBig on client advocacy, spends a lot of time respecting clients cultures and hobbies

Consthey do not share the acuity of the patients prior to employment and do not train you (hoyers and ect

I have gotten out what I have given

Loveland, CO

I have been working at Mosaic full-time for more than 5 years

Pros100 year history
Person centered
Quality driven
Faith based non-profit

ConsCommunication challenges do to large size of organization
Understanding of connection between the agencies and national offices

Was moving more toward bottom line and less like the family I knew

Executive Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Mosaic full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSolid, well-run company, great resources, competent leadership

ConsToo group home thinking - not engaged in best practices and de-institutionalization, Quality didn't get driven all the way down to homes, clients, lower level staff; top-down driven

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on best practices, find ways to give people homes and lives, not group settings to meet bottom line, lead; don't follow; become less bureaucratic

Political infighting only overshadowed by lack of integrity

Management (Former Employee)
Omaha, NE

I worked at Mosaic full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPromised challenging work.
40 hour work week only occasionally goes higher than 45.

ConsDidn't know the challenge was having policy being ignored for chosen few.
Nepotism and cronyism runs rampant.

Advice to Senior ManagementCash out before company is "merged".

Nice culture, but low compensation

I have been working at Mosaic

ProsExtensive training ensures employees are well prepared and clients receive best possible care.

ConsScale becomes a bit unbalanced, as there is a lack of budget leftover for other necessities, such as lower than average wages.

Second Review in addition to "get in and get out".

Direct Support Associate (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Mosaic part-time for more than a year

ProsThe clients are the absolute best to work with, the hardest part about leaving this job is leaving these wonderful people behind to some uncaring next employee. After working with the same clients for now just over a year and a half I will be sad to leave them and happy to leave the company.

ConsDo NOT try to voice your opinion. It will not be heard and your suggestions will be seen as threats to management. They do not want you to make the place better, they want to keep it how they have made it and soak in it. Clients do not have the supports they need, management does not care about their social needs. If medications are passed and people are changed then management is satisfied. This company will see its downfall as soon as the providers see what they are wasting their money on.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of your tush and listen to suggestions. Implementation of these suggestions could be the difference between keeping staff and the extremely high turn over rate we see now. Sad fact is, no Mosaic manager will read these posts because they do not care.

I enjoy working with most of my coworkers and managers

Direct Support Associate (Current Employee)
Omaha, NE

I have been working at Mosaic full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe managers where I work are very supportive and giving of their time.

ConsMosaic is closing down our workshop due to being $450,000 in debt. Executive management is combining workshops to save money. The enivronment will be very crowded, loud and overstimulating to our individuals who have autism and are very sensitive to noise and high levels of aggressive behaviors.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you were going to make such a major move for vulnerable adults, you should of started the transition a year ago and let our indiviuals have a longer adjustment period. Mosaic does not have the best interests of the people they serve at the core of their values.

Payroll Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Mosaic

ProsThe company overall stands for great things

ConsThe HR staff is terrible

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up

Worked for Mosaic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mosaic reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mosaic CEO Linda M. Timmons. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by Mosaic employees.