Mosaic Sales Solutions Reviews

Updated April 24, 2015
414 reviews filtered by
3.5
Mosaic Sales Solutions President Experiential Marketing & President Retail Marketing Services Jeff Rogers & Brian Kava
Jeff Rogers & Brian Kava

Pros
  • Fun job and get to work with a lot of different companies for good pay (in 30 reviews)

• Great overall job if you are a good fit for retail and only need part-time work (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Most positions are part time so you'll work less than 30 hours (in 24 reviews)

• Like with any marketing agency, it's difficult to maintain a strong work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

AWESOME PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management truly cares about the growth and development of each employee. There is a transparency at this company that I have never experienced before. As a corporate employee you are given a lot of autonomy, which is a positive change from other companies I have worked for. Mosaic strives to have an amazing company culture and you see proof of that through our many events, happy hours and team activities. Being surrounded by some of the smartest people I have ever met intimidated me at first, but having easy access to those individuals and departments has helped me greatly in my career, both professionally and personally.

Cons

Promotions seem like a group initiative based on time worked at the company, opposed to individual merit earned. In some instances (higher level positions) instead of promoting from within, Mosaic will hire from the outside.

Advice to Management

Continue the same transparency with budgets and company health through to career growth and promotions. Putting in a lot of time at a company is definitely important, but that should not be a determining factor for a promotion. Hard work, grit, work experience, culture fit, adaptability and an all around stand out stellar employee should be top factors.

2. pretty cool gig

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions part-time

Pros

Great pay... Constant training ... Great Managers

Cons

sometimes there were miscommunication with our contact for Mosaic. She seemed a little ditsy... Loved the job nonetheless

Advice to Management

Better communication

3. its a great job with great part. don

Current Employee - Samsung Experience Consultant in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Samsung Experience Consultant in Cary, NC

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions

Pros

Pay, not really retail, marketing experience

Cons

None to note right now

Advice to Management

None

5. Excellent experience

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time

Pros

Working for Mosaic has been full of great experiences and opportunities. Working to customers in the field, and colleges have both been extremely rewarding

Cons

Feel like my position has come to a dead end with not much room for movement to advance my career

6. Great place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A nice casual, social envonrment

Cons

Urgent needs, long days which turn into long nights

7. I worked in a temporary position with Mosaic Sales Solutions to promote an event.

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions

Pros

The hiring process was relatively easy and quick. The management was very helpful. The team I worked with was assembled very quickly. We were able to set our own schedule and hours. Overall it was a great experience with peer-to-peer marketing.

Cons

There was not a great deal of information about the job expectations. The chain of command was a little scattered and unclear. The position was only temporary. There could have been more training and incentives for employees.

Advice to Management

The main advice I would have would be to keep improving your standards. The peer-to-peer marketing positions can be great for people looking for temporary work. I have heard great things about the permanent positions as well.

Retail Sales Trainer

Current Employee - Retail Sales Trainer in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Trainer in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is one of the easiest and most common sense jobs on the planet. It allows flexibility and helps build great relationships. The benefits are some of the best out there. You learn about how other industries function and build good product knowledge. If you are very sharp, quick and smart you can totally be successful in the job.

Cons

The company dangles your quarterly bonus in front of you building up expectations during the first quarter only to last minute decide that they will not pay it. They do not keep you aware of your quotas and internally make changes without discussing it with employees. In my case, I was offered an additional $500 for my bonus because I did the company a favor and gave up a whole month of my life to work on a pilot program in a store that is 100 miles from my home. I stayed in hotels and was home one day a week. They were so poorly managed that they forgot what they agreed to pay me extra that they called me to ask me what they offered me. I told them what the number was and I was told that they started putting in the bonuses. Now a few days later I am told that 90% of us are not getting them. I missed my quota by like 9% apparently. I already agreed to do the company another favor this weekend that is coming up. Guess what. After this favor I will never do them any more favors. They pay is low as it is and I was relying on this bonus to pay off one of my debts. If you come work for this company everything is great but do not expect to get your bonuses.

Next is hypocrisy. They encourage all members on the program to communicate through an app called 'Group Me". They want questions and communication on there. They also want everyone taking pictures in the store to build excitement about the program. Now I am working at this pilot program. I had 2 higher up managers visit from the Texas office to check out the store. Well there was a moment when I took out my phone. I got warned about how I should not use my phone in the store and how it is unprofessional in front of customers and store associates to have my phone out.

Lastly, they decide to implement even more responsibility. It is our job to go to stores and help associates sell services and products. It is also to report on how everything looks. Well they decided that we need to be janitors now too. They want us to come around and wipe dust off displays.

In my situation another thing occurred. They started sending reps that worked in the Pilot program list of customers to call and follow up with to pick up opportunities for the store to earn their business. Isn't that the responsibility of the store associate?

All things considered it is a good job for anyone that is smart and can work for peanuts. But the nonsense with bonuses and add ons to responsibilities is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

District and Regional Managers are fine. This is for the people at the top that control the programs. Communicate with your staff. If you promise a bonus, pay it. If you make changes, communicate the changes. Do not randomly just decide not to pay a bonus especially when the program just started and everyone is at a disadvantage.

9. Great place to work!

Current Employee - HQ Manager
    Current Employee - HQ Manager

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Mosaic, not only will you work with amazing clients and help to put on unique events, you also get to work alongside some of the most talented people in the industry. The culture is unbeatable with employee trips, free lunches, events for various charities, weekly meetups, monthly company town halls... the list goes on. Mosaic values their employees, encourages new ideas and provides an environment where employees feel supported in their work.

Cons

Mosaic still has a small company mindset which can be great, but at a small company everyone is expected to do their job and pitch in when needed. If you are someone that isn't a fan of helping the team to ensure success (even when it is outside of your "role") this might not be the place for you.

10. In-Field Brand Ambassador

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions

Pros

Pretty relaxed, work at your own time, work as much as you want.

Cons

Managers aren't always on top of their game, sometimes juggling too much in which they forget what they were supposed to send you. Some of the expectations can be high and not very encouraging depending on the area you're in.

11. Excellent Support!

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions

Pros

Excellent Support of management and staff!

Cons

Don't know everyone's name of the staff!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Mosaic Sales Solutions Photos