Mosaic Sales Solutions

Updated December 19, 2014
3.5

Mosaic Sales Solutions CEO Aidan Tracey
Aidan Tracey

Pros
  • Fun job and get to work with a lot of different companies for good pay (in 30 reviews)

• Great overall job if you are a good fit for retail and only need part-time work (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Most positions are part time so you'll work less than 30 hours (in 24 reviews)

• Like with any marketing agency, it's difficult to maintain a strong work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with Mosaic for over 7 years and intend to continue with them for many more years.

Cons

Of course sometimes getting projects is kind of lean pickings, but that is the nature of the beast for a merchandiser.

Brand Ambassador

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Washington, DC

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Mosaic for about three years and it has been such a learning experience. Mosaic is great with their management team and building relationships with the companies they work with and employees. You have the capability to choose what marketing project you want to work for. They train you extensively on companies brand and the Mosaic Managers don't breathe down your neck.

Cons

Depending on the project your hours and pay could vary. Majority of full-time projects are short-term contracts, so that sucks in the long run. No room for advancement.
    The payroll department can sometimes take their time with pushing through your direct deposits or even mailing out your check.

My only advice to management is to keep up the good work and expand on full-time projects selection.

They actually care and take care of you.

Current Employee - Floater in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Floater in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Straightforward duties. Good training. Good support from management. Personable and professional management. Good pay with very easy workload. Flexible work times. Self supervised. Interesting products. Some of the promotions are things you would buy for yourself. Pays 35cents a mile for your gas after 30miles commute, or other great incentives like extra paid hour, $25 gift cards, free products. Upper management really cares that you get paid.

Cons

The upper management team rotate and switch up on occasion so sometimes it's unclear as to who is "go-to-guy". Some of the software or websites can be tricky to setup because of browser/procedural issues. Sometimes because of a lot of upper level changes, there can be some delay on your payroll or product tools, but if you let management know they will Straighten it out for you. Paycheck is biweekly but sometimes there are delays for random reasons but as I said, if you let management know, they will take care of you. - - - Make a very good impression without distractions if you are having a Skype interview- it will be a make or break.

Email new employees with a contact sheet so we know who to contact for different occasions. Send us alerts if there are management changes. Keep giving out all of those nice incentives... It's the holiday season ;D

SEC - Samsung Experience Consultant

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions

Pros

Decent pay.
    Great availability and feedback.
    I enjoyed working for them.

Cons

HR and specifically payroll department needs better management. Rather unusual, but the couldn't get my name right on my checks and the process of fixing it was not easy.

Dead end job

Current Employee - Lead Samsung Experience Consultant in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Lead Samsung Experience Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are passionate about technology and love helping people, this job can be fun. It takes minimal education to get a full time job as a Samsung Experience Consultant, just some retail and supervisory experience. Your main priorities are to sell Samsung phones & tablets and build a strong (read: preferential) relationship with Best Buy management and associates. It can be a lot of fun, but there is no room for advancement and intense pressure to sell.

Cons

Leadership in the Minnesota district is all about catching you doing something wrong or failing to do something and not at all about offering positive feedback when something is done right. A "gotcha" feeling permeates the entire region. Management brought in from outside rather than promoted from within means my manager literally cannot do my job--he has no idea how the systems operate. Archaic manual sales tracking means huge errors. SOP changes are made without any notification. I was told this job was all about providing a superior customer experience, instead it is all about pushing Samsung boxes out the door. Full timers are told they are "managers" but have zero authority.

Empower your full timers in your stores. If you want them to coach and develop others, give them the resources and call them Samsung Experience Managers. Make District Managers actually offer positive feedback, not just tell people what they are doing wrong. The literature shows that negative feedback does NOT improve performance; until every level of this company figures this out, your people will be unhappy and discontented and you will have high turnover, all of which has a negative impact on customer satisfaction.

Great company

Current Employee - Samsung Experience Consultant in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Samsung Experience Consultant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good retail money, good retail merchandising programs.

Cons

It's retail so know what you're getting into

None

Next Big Change....

Former Employee - Samsung Market Lead/SEC
    Former Employee - Samsung Market Lead/SEC

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great job when the program started. Good hourly rate and perfect for part time work. Decent benefits if you're full time.

Cons

If you're looking for a high pressure sales job with minimal perks and poor structure, than you've found the right job. During my time with the SES program I quickly advanced from a Full Time SEC to a Market Lead. I received zero training on the position and the job description was very vague which was, in my opinion, done intentionally so the Samsung Market Managers could pass off tasks to us that were not our responsibility. I was driving upwards 15-20 hours per week (approx 750 miles) and was paid a measly $.35 per mile, in addition to time in the stores and of course working on your days off because "you're salary" and "it's the needs of the business".

During the program restructuring no one knew who was "in charge" since instead of going with internal candidates they hired primarily externally. Constantly changing what the goals and initiatives without having time to implement the current focuses and needing to rely on having information passed on to you from your Market Manager. Full time SECs are told to be "managers" but in truth are full time sales people who do not receive any sort of monthly bonus/commission (there is a quarterly bonus that you at-risk and work your way down).

Before making huge company changes make sure the current structure you have in place works. Minimal concontinuity from one Market to another, SOP tends to change constantly claiming "needs of the business" but no documentation to back the claim. Offer monthly incentives, either through payment or products.

We strive to provide a "best in class" experience by providing service and support for all our Customer's needs, but are told to focus solely on unit sales and metrics. Customers are treated as a sale, not the relationship that we have striven to achieve in the past. This does not provide the experience that Samsung and Best Buy's partnership has developed over the last year.

work place experience consultant

Current Employee - Samsung Experience Consultant in Palmdale, CA
    Current Employee - Samsung Experience Consultant in Palmdale, CA

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

the training was amazing and clear

Cons

they don't give raises I've been here for almost 2 years and management overrides protocol without fairness or corrective action.

listen to your part timers I've had issues with leader ship and nothing has changed, how can we get promoted when every lead I've spoken to says they'd rather stay in there current position than move up leaving no room for growth, I feel im ready for a leader ship passion but im just a part timer, also if you give some one a district or market please make sure they know what they are doing for ex. I was told by my market and district manager I would be getting time and a half pay for thanks giving and black Friday, well they lied to me. also if a manager says something it overrides the companies actual protocol, I cant speak with my district manager due to the fact he doesn't care it upsets me when he allows your lead to take an hour lunch but protocol states 30 mins weather lead or not revised schedules 3 or 4 different times through out the week so we have no idea when we have to work.i have a lot more to say but whats the point you guys wont do any thing or even read this im sure.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Product Trainer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Trainer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Account team is very personable and even though some jobs are contract, they remember the people whom worked well for the company and ask them back.

Cons

It doesn't appear that the account teams, have a good work life balance and it can filter down to tour manager or field team.

Out line of upward mobility within the company and trusting that the people you hired can do the job.

Mosaic Sales Solutions is a great merchandising company to work for due to the great training that they provide for you.

Former Employee - Movie Merchandising Specialist in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Movie Merchandising Specialist in Columbus, OH

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training and decent pay/hours.

Cons

Sometimes it may take longer to do a job than what you anticipated.

I have no complaints with the company. Managers need to be available for questions that a merchandiser might have for them.

Mosaic Sales Solutions Photos