Mosaic Sales Solutions

Employer Engaged

Great company

Current Employee - Samsung Experience Consultant in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Samsung Experience Consultant in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good retail money, good retail merchandising programs.

Cons

It's retail so know what you're getting into

None

Dead end job

Current Employee - Lead Samsung Experience Consultant in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Lead Samsung Experience Consultant in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you are passionate about technology and love helping people, this job can be fun. It takes minimal education to get a full time job as a Samsung Experience Consultant, just some retail and supervisory experience. Your main priorities are to sell Samsung phones & tablets and build a strong (read: preferential) relationship with Best Buy management and associates. It can be a lot of fun, but there is no room for advancement and intense pressure to sell.

Cons

Leadership in the Minnesota district is all about catching you doing something wrong or failing to do something and not at all about offering positive feedback when something is done right. A "gotcha" feeling permeates the entire region. Management brought in from outside rather than promoted from within means my manager literally cannot do my job--he has no idea how the systems operate. Archaic manual sales tracking means huge errors. SOP changes are made without any notification. I was told this job was all about providing a superior customer experience, instead it is all about pushing Samsung boxes out the door. Full timers are told they are "managers" but have zero authority.

Empower your full timers in your stores. If you want them to coach and develop others, give them the resources and call them Samsung Experience Managers. Make District Managers actually offer positive feedback, not just tell people what they are doing wrong. The literature shows that negative feedback does NOT improve performance; until every level of this company figures this out, your people will be unhappy and discontented and you will have high turnover, all of which has a negative impact on customer satisfaction.

SEC - Samsung Experience Consultant

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions

Pros

Decent pay.
    Great availability and feedback.
    I enjoyed working for them.

Cons

HR and specifically payroll department needs better management. Rather unusual, but the couldn't get my name right on my checks and the process of fixing it was not easy.

Next Big Change....

Former Employee - Samsung Market Lead/SEC
    Former Employee - Samsung Market Lead/SEC

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great job when the program started. Good hourly rate and perfect for part time work. Decent benefits if you're full time.

Cons

If you're looking for a high pressure sales job with minimal perks and poor structure, than you've found the right job. During my time with the SES program I quickly advanced from a Full Time SEC to a Market Lead. I received zero training on the position and the job description was very vague which was, in my opinion, done intentionally so the Samsung Market Managers could pass off tasks to us that were not our responsibility. I was driving upwards 15-20 hours per week (approx 750 miles) and was paid a measly $.35 per mile, in addition to time in the stores and of course working on your days off because "you're salary" and "it's the needs of the business".

During the program restructuring no one knew who was "in charge" since instead of going with internal candidates they hired primarily externally. Constantly changing what the goals and initiatives without having time to implement the current focuses and needing to rely on having information passed on to you from your Market Manager. Full time SECs are told to be "managers" but in truth are full time sales people who do not receive any sort of monthly bonus/commission (there is a quarterly bonus that you at-risk and work your way down).

Before making huge company changes make sure the current structure you have in place works. Minimal concontinuity from one Market to another, SOP tends to change constantly claiming "needs of the business" but no documentation to back the claim. Offer monthly incentives, either through payment or products.

We strive to provide a "best in class" experience by providing service and support for all our Customer's needs, but are told to focus solely on unit sales and metrics. Customers are treated as a sale, not the relationship that we have striven to achieve in the past. This does not provide the experience that Samsung and Best Buy's partnership has developed over the last year.

Good company to work for

Current Contractor - Product Trainer in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Product Trainer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Account team is very personable and even though some jobs are contract, they remember the people whom worked well for the company and ask them back.

Cons

It doesn't appear that the account teams, have a good work life balance and it can filter down to tour manager or field team.

Out line of upward mobility within the company and trusting that the people you hired can do the job.

Mosaic Sales Solutions is a great merchandising company to work for due to the great training that they provide for you.

Former Employee - Movie Merchandising Specialist in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Movie Merchandising Specialist in Columbus, OH

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great training and decent pay/hours.

Cons

Sometimes it may take longer to do a job than what you anticipated.

I have no complaints with the company. Managers need to be available for questions that a merchandiser might have for them.

Great company, decent pay.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Trainer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Trainer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company and management care about employees.

Cons

In the program I am in there is not alot of advancement options and the sales expectations are high despite the lack of a bonus for a continuity program.

Keep it up and stop withholding bonuses.

Part time SEC

I have been working at Mosaic Sales Solutions part-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are familiar with Android and Samsung this job is a breeze. Pay is good, Leads are pretty flexible with scheduling.

Cons

Best Buy employees are gonna hate you most of the time, simply because you cannot unlock products, or sell them so you always bugging them to come over and sell.

Samsung Experience Consultant

Former Employee - Samsung Experience Consultant in Duluth, MN
    Former Employee - Samsung Experience Consultant in Duluth, MN

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Had paid training, excellent HR resources, pay was great. Excellent advancement opportunities if you worked hard.

Cons

Lower management was always changing around, hard to tell who had authority in your area.

Excellent positive reinforcement with core-values. Would like to see more stable district manager positions.

Wouldn't recommend to a friend

I worked at Mosaic Sales Solutions

Pros

Some freedom of scheduling
    working remotely
    some free items where given
    driving if you like traveling in your local area

Cons

Poor work life balance
    unorganized operation
    Constant changing requirements
    Bosses play favoritism
    The pay per mile was awful.

Review the cost of gas in the real world and adjust accordingly.

Mosaic Sales Solutions Photos