Moses Cone Health

Add Photos

Tim Rice

Cone Health

Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsGreat Staff. The Pay Is Decent, Better Than Retail. Paid Time Off. Awesome Health Benefits. Never Ever A Dull Moment.

ConsThe Point System Is Horrible. The Cafeteria Food Isn't All That Great. You May Not Get A Raise, And If You Do Its Small.

It was great till new management was hired.

Allied Health (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsTime off wasn't bad and had discounts at a lot of places. Benifits were just ok definitely not great. I loved my job till they brought in a manager that would lie to get rid of people and of course upper management will back their managers because they don't know.

ConsManagement, bad compensation for travel between offices

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management in some outpatient offices

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, set schedule, coworkers were helpful and kind, pal (paid annual leave) time for any needed absences, patients, feeling that you were helping people daily.

ConsI enjoyed working there, I don't really have any "cons" except maybe that each year the benefits costs increased and the insurance did not get better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Would recommend to a nurse or doctor, but nothing less

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsYou can transfer into new positions after 6 months, but good luck. Some sups will write you up so you can't leave their department.

ConsThere is almost a cast system here. You can clearly see the level of hierarchy. Some of the people higher up don't even look your way when you attempt to speak to them. The pay is not great for a lot of people and it's very difficult to move into other positions despite having a degree!

Advice to Senior ManagementHold workshops on the importance of the "little people." Have open and honest conversations about how people feel about upper management. Also take more seriously complaints filed with HR. There are some supervisors who have several complaints against them. The person complaining always ends up fired while they are left still standing so there is an environment of being scared to speak up in the case of mistreatment.

Cone Health

ProsGreat, well established company, lots of opportunity for advancement.

ConsStaffing issues, budget cuts due to poor economy.

Good place to work

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsI had flexibility as a PRN employee, which was really great for me.
    It paid well.

ConsAs a PRN employee, I really did have any negatives. Paid well, I dictated my schedule.

Good and Bad

Analyst (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsCommitment to patients and the community.

ConsDespite the stated commitment to one another - non-executive employees haven't gotten a raise in over 2 years. The executives had their BONUSES reduced, but they still get them. Cone is also a nurse driven organization. That isn't always bad...but nurses don't know how to do everything and sometimes you need people who know the business and technology side of things.

Advice to Senior ManagementHealthcare is a business - we need to change our way of doing things to reflect that.

Was great! Would love to come back to the day care facility, I worked there about 15 years ago

Teacher (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsVery warm and caring staff and great and loving children.

ConsHad no cons there, every thing was great, I would come back in a heartbeat!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Glad I left

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost coworkers are great, benefits are pretty good.

ConsAttendance policy is very strict and not family friendly. Salaries remain flat and hours are taken from full time employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMgrs. are not consistent in treatment of employees. Give raises instead of waterfalls.

The pay was ok

Clinic Triage Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsGood benefits, kind of expensive, lots of companies offer discounts to Cone employees

ConsVery strict attendance policy, doesn't matter if it's life and death or not, also, if they think you're too sick to work, no matter what you say, they will send you home for 48hrs and count it against you on their attendance points system. The job load was unbelievable, never get caught up, won't hire additional help, get 'talked to' when you're so far behind you feel like you're drowning instead of offering some help

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your heads out of your butts

Worked for Moses Cone Health? Contribute to the Community!