Moses & Singer LLP

Moses & Singer LLP Reviews

4.2

Jay R. Fialkoff
1 Rating

I learned a lot while working there.

I worked at Moses & Singer LLP

Pros

Great lawyers who are willing to share their skills and knowledge.

Cons

Some times you are not in control of your workload or life.

Fairest boss I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Moses & Singer LLP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's a very laid back atmosphere and not a sweatshop. There is an unspoken motto of family comes first and you are not expected to do more than what should be expected of any employee. The closest thing to a 9-5.

Cons

I don't believe management understands the plight of what's going on with the staff as it pertains to morale. It seems that we are the last ones to be thought about, to the detriment of the firm - the same amount of work with increasingly less people.

Trying polling the administrative staff and you'll see how many people are unhappy and why they're unhappy.

High-Quality Law Firm With Friendly Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Moses & Singer LLP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Moses & Singer LLP has professional, experienced, hard working staff with high ethical standards. Friendly and supportive management team makes this firm unusually pleasant to work for. I am not a lawyer but rather, work in administration, but the place nonetheless feels like one big family.

Cons

At times there is an uneven work flow and am unsure of reporting relationships. As a new employee, I feel I may need more direction and guidance.

It's been one of the greatest places I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Moses & Singer LLP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Moses & Singer is a family friendly environment with not too many eccentric personalities. It is a great place to work and management seems to regularly promote the idea that "family comes first". This is as close to a 9 to 5 as you can find anywhere. I'll be here until I retire!

Cons

Moses & Singer does not have many best practices, but they have increased over the years. The salaries for non-legal staff are not as competitive as other mid-sized law firms, but the demand on the employees is much less as well.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Moses & Singer LLP

Pros

Firm has a very strong management committee that is accessible and staffed from across multiple departments; really bright collegial atmosphere; pretty good staff; realistic billable totals for bonus scale; lots of work depending on the department.

Cons

Potential for lengthy secondments fairly high depending on department; manageable hour requirements vs. compensation don't look so great if you're on a heavily staffed desk.

No real advice to management.