- Any Location
- Any Job Title
Employee ReviewsSort: Popular Rating Date
1 person found this helpful
I worked at Motif Investing as an intern (less than a year)Pros
I did my internship here in the summer of 2014. Firstly and most importantly, the people here are very cool! They are always willing to offer advice and guidance. Outside of work, the group events were awesome. BBQ, hiking, frisbee, etc. I came to the office with good mood everyday! By the way, the office is in downtown San Mateo, so... walkable distance to almost any place you need.
Good transparency! The path and strategy for the company can be followed well. People work very collaborative. Basically, a flat structure and no hierarchy in terms of doing things. On the other hand, people with good finance expertise are just a few steps away. They can be pretty useful if you are interested in finance stuffs!!!Cons
- No major concern. But maybe there could have been free meals?RecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO
4 people found this helpful
- Comp & Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
- Senior Management
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
I have been working at Motif Investing full-time (less than a year)Pros
1. Impactful product with a development plan designed to support strong growth
2. High entry-barrier industry
3. Work hard and play hard culture, lots of fun!
4. Coworkers are driven to success but remain very friendly, helpful, and accommodating – a
true team environment
5. Open-door policy, good transparency
6. Gain knowledge of investing industry
7. Opportunity to see your successful projects put into action in a way that benefits company's growing customer base.
8.Company events are fun, foosball tournament , planned team parties, fitbit and other fitness competitions
9. Convenient location, main office is downtown San Mateo, walkable to lots of great restaurants and Caltrain. (Second office located in Sacramento area).
10. Perks: available snacks and drinks, free fibit, access to Motif’s investing platformCons
1. no obvious cons, may be no free lunches? Expectations are high. Staff enjoys eating out together.
2. Sometimes too much laughter in open-space office may distract my mind from codingRecommendsPositive OutlookApproves of CEO