MotionPoint

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Will Fleming

Great life/ professional experience!

Translation Team (Former Employee) Coconut Creek, FL

ProsMotionPoint offers a unique, multi-cultural, fast paced environment, while maintaining a positive, employee oriented atmosphere. There is always something new to learn (if you are open to it), whereas in the technical aspects of the job or from the diverse team members.

Working there turned out to be a pleasant surprise and experience, since it is not until you become a MotionPointer that you fully understand the Company's capabilities, the complexity of the services provided, and the excellent quality of their people.

* Focused, goal oriented and open minded employees usually have a chance to grow in the Company.
    * Good benefits (health insurance and 401k contributions).
    * Open door policy from upper management.

ConsPosition requires technical understanding as well as great skills proper to the specific position (i.e. management or linguistic skills). A person that is not comfortable with multitasking, being a team player, complying with deadlines, being held accountable or being open to technological changes might not enjoy working at MotionPoint.

Translation Account Manager

ProsGood benefits, 401K, stability, great work environment

ConsBigger responsibilities than the ones listed on job description. Continuous training to get to even a basic level.

Advice to Senior ManagementPosition responsibilities are overlooked by Management

I learned a great deal at Motionpoint, there is definitely lots of work to do but everyone helps each other out.

Redesign Team Support (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsUpper management really cares about their employees and the job. They are always very charismatic and encourage everyone to learn more and improve. The ambiance is open, everyone is friendly and always willing to help other team mates. Not to mention that the CEO is always around greeting the employees and making everyone feel important. There is definitely a lot to learn about technology, language, and work ethic at Motionpoint. There is always an innovative tool or procedure, therefore, there are constant training sessions to refresh.

ConsThere is sometimes no way of planning your day since there is always something that comes up while you are in the middle of performing a task. There are meetings, sudden issues that must be taken care of right away, and in some instances there are people constantly talking to you requesting certain jobs to be done, therefore, a task that could have taken an hour takes double the time to complete. The day is very often unpredictable. Over all you must be good at multi-tasking and controlling yourself during stressful situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was pleased with upper management and I would just advice for them to continue encouraging employees as they are doing now.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great tech environment

QA Analyst (Current Employee) Coconut Creek, FL

ProsCoworkers, flexible schedule, casual dress, decent pay

ConsCoworkers, meetings, too many accounts per employee to handle

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more realistic client expectations & reasonable deadlines for MotionPoint teams

I have been working at MotionPoint for over a year.

ProsStable job with good benefits and people with different background work with.

ConsThere are too many meetings, and you are required to attend one almost every day regardless of your position. There are always problems with parking space.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little bit flexible with time and allow people work from home sometimes.

Love the people I work with - Great environment

Manager (Current Employee) Coconut Creek, FL

ProsLot's of growth opportunities
    Never a dull day - you learn new things with each project
    People are very smart and always looking to help
    Company promotes communication and social interaction
    Public recognition when you've done a great job
    Raises are above market
    Free sodas

ConsSomewhat frugal in investing on technologies that make the day-to-day work easier like a good CRM or a web accessible mailing platform like MS Exchange
    Sometimes they take too long to get rid of poor performers

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great to have all employees in one same building
    We work hard to make it easy to clients. Let's also work hard to make it easy on MotionPointers.

Excellent work culture.

Support Team (Former Employee) Coconut Creek, FL

ProsVery positive environment.
    Open door workplace.
    Senior management is always willing to listen to employee concerns.
    Room for advancement depending on your field.

ConsHard to balance between work and private life.
     Employees are always overloaded.
    Salary does not match the workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate the employees better.

Excellent environment

ProsGrowing business with lots of opportunities in different areas, excellent environment. Management is always open to suggestions

ConsFor all the work that has to be done, the salaries could be a little better

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better salaries

Great culture, great talent and vast industry expertise and experience

(Current Employee)

ProsThis is the ideal work environment for driven, motivated and talented people. As an industry leader, the company keeps its focus on innovative ideas and projects that push the website globalization industry forward. Through projects like this, I get to work with great, talented people and have the opportunity to integrate my ideas into these projects and in return gain knowledge and personal growth. Add a great culture and benefits to this – who can ask for more.

ConsAs a fast growing company, in a fast-growing industry, the work dynamics require the ability to adapt to changes quickly. The challenges are to keep the processes up to date.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep providing visibility of the company’s vision to the teams.

Great company, great work environment, really great people!

(Current Employee)

ProsOffer outstanding product and service to clients and many, many big name clients
    Growth opportunities, no lay offs!
    Great people- intelligent and fun to work with
    Casual work environment- jeans every day

ConsOutgrowing space and parking due to company growth
    Some departments can't hire people fast enough (but I guess that's a good problem to have!)

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat that work hours are "normal" 8-5 for working parents, but once people have proven themselves, visit the idea of flex scheduling.

Worked for MotionPoint? Contribute to the Community!