MotivAction

Bill Bryson

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Plymouth, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at MotivAction

Pros

This is a company which has come back from the edge as far as IT is concerned. The one thing that I've found while working here is the exceptional way in which the IT team communicates and assists each other. We scrum every day for 45 minutes (sometimes more, sometimes less) and if any problems have arisen, we are able to assist that person with suggestions or physical help if needed.
    While we have a couple of exceptional coders working here, noone is so arrogant or high-minded that they need to be acknowledged as such. Everyone helps everyone else and the ultimate goal is to get the work done.

Cons

The only con, if it is in fact a con, is that we don't have enough people to do all the work. This means that we're often asked to either do something we haven't done before (is that really all that bad?) or we tend to run behind on projects because of a lack of resources.

Keep up the good work. I, for one, am proud to be able to work at MotivAction.

After years of being in business this company is run like a start up..

Former Employee - Recruiter in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Portland, OR

I worked at MotivAction full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Owner is heavily engaged, does sales and recruiting, but not focused and is scattered. Has been in the industry for many years.

Cons

Very competitive, cut throat environment, lots of politics, micromanaged, yet very unorganized and mismanaged. Known in the Healthcare industry, but will try to fill any job they find, all over the nation. Poor employee longevity. Heavy matrix environment.

Less micromanagement, let the employee's do their job, have a little work/family balance, don't fly by the seat of your pants, focus on areas of true expertise. STABILITY (hiring and firing always due to mismanagement)

So So

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I worked at MotivAction full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My direct team was great.

Cons

Many account managers are not great to the operations team.

Current Situation

I worked at MotivAction

Pros

Struggling company in a tough market but people working there give their all and then some. Recently they made some changes, hopefully they will increase sales.

Cons

Poor sales organization that has and continues to make mistakes that they are not held accountable for. here is definately room for process improvement. They made some bad decisions in the pasr couple of years they are still paying for.

Use your peoples knowledge, shake sales up. Too many times has the sales organization let the organization down but nothing really has been done about it. Its not what you did today, its what you are bringing in tomorrow.