Moto Hospitality Reviews

Reset
2.0
Sir Gerry Robinson

1. M&S supervisor

Current Employee - Supervisor in Wetherby, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Wetherby, England (UK)

I have been working at Moto Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hourly rate, good atmosphere, 30 days holiday, good discounts on all moto run shops, up to 75%

Cons

Hard to progress, overtime scarce if wanted, paid hourly, bad work/life balance due to hours

Advice to Management

Give full time collegues better work life balance

2. Soul destroying

Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Ardley, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Assistant in Ardley, England (UK)

I have been working at Moto Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good rate of pay and generous discount scheme

Cons

Too many to name. Main one is customers

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees

3. N/A

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

Pros

Discount scheme Reasonable pay rates

Cons

Unless you are flavour of the month, you may as well not exist.

Advice to Management

Hypocrisy everywhere. Sly, scheming higher management who drop you when it suits them. No work life balance because you have to be 'on call' 24/7 as "you are responsible for your unit." Inappropriate relationships between department managers and higher management makes for a very difficult working environment.

5. Good for a beginning for experience but not a long term career

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Moto Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Staff card and partner card for reduced prices. You also get one to give to a person you live with. - acceptable pay for low level work, although it is below the recommended living wage - picking up experience - Easy work generally - Some training course can be available

Cons

- Unless you are on excellent terms with the General Manager it is incredibly difficult to progress within the conpany. - constantly have to chase over wages, which takes weeks to get back paid. - Double standards for some staff/management - Assistant manager and manager wages are generally quite low for what it is. - Company does not invest money to regenerate sites, instead chooses to do patch up jobs (Look inside moto bathrooms/showers for a prime example, despite many complaints) - staff rotas are put out very late with only 1-2 weeks visible making planning for anything outside of work difficult. - Very high turnover of staff making for inefficient teams.

Advice to Management

- reinvest in your sites to make them more attractive to customers. - interract more with your staff to make them feel more valued. - Treat all employees equally. - justify the huge mark ups with higher quality.

Terrible Management and double standards

Former Employee - Customer Service Assistant, Pease Pottage in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Moto Hospitality part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family Discount card and opportunity to learn customer service skills

Cons

Punish the good, reward the bad that's what is happening in Moto Services, Pease Pottage. Employees who aren't the "chosen ones"( I was one out of it and so were unfortunate few) are bullied and drained away and made to feel as a slave everyday. My unit manager misused his power to humiliate and used to pick on me every time..an instance.. Clean the unit interiors even when it looks perfectly good /wash the big dirty bin in and out which is not washed for ages ..but wait why don't you tell others.. we are currently 5 staff working in the unit..why only me when its nearly closing time, I have a child to pick up..Gives orders saying you have to do it..I have fever and flu today..no sympathy..says start cleaning now.. I decided to maintain my dignity and respect and couldn't take the harassment anymore so one fine day I tendered my resignation on my manager's face in front of public and staff. Finally if you are looking for part-time as female, never join these guys because they always favor men who can work 24*7 even if they are useless/have poor customer service skills/no family commitments and expel part-time staff eventually and make the former "The Supervisor" quickly. Also managers keep gossiping and passing sarcastic remarks to Customer Service Assistants and very unsympathetic even if you are genuinely ill and any sick leave taken will result to cutting your working hours to make you realize your mistake. I saw no staff staying more than 6 months in catering units because of poor management and mistrust in employees.

Advice to Management

Give respect and get respect.

not valued by everyone

Current Employee - DMgr
    Current Employee - DMgr

I have been working at Moto Hospitality full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

depends if you have a good GM

Cons

work life balance, if you're not flavour of month

Advice to Management

learn respect and be honest with employees

8. challenging but worth it if you stick it out

I have been working at Moto Hospitality full-time

Pros

the people you work with make it worth it in my opinion. the weekend premium is always a nice added bonus if you dont mind working weekends!

Cons

rude and ungrateful customers who think your useless because you work at a service station. Not having enough staff on shift is my biggest annoyance.

9. Stressful but developing

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Moto Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career opportunities within the company Hard-working employees with necessary attitude and work ethics are recognised when middle management positions become open Opportunity to attend different kind of training courses Decent salary for customer service assistants

Cons

Low salaries for middle management Overwhelming list of duties Hard to maintain balance between own life and work Serving masses causes tensions and frequent rotation of employees

RSS Feed </> Embed