Mount Carmel Health

Add Photos

Claus Von Zychlin

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThey truly put the patient first.

ConsBenefits are ok. Not interested in being the health care compensation leader in Columbus.

Advice to Senior ManagementA bit silo'd in departments, some comparisons between sites.

Worked at Mount Carmel almost 10 years!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThe benefits were good and I had a great manager and great co-workers. Time off accrued per paycheck as opposed to a lump sum once a year. I have to say though that I am little biased because most of my positives come from the experience I endured within my department and not from Mount Carmel as a company. I stayed as long as as did truly because my manager was such a wonderful person and having a manager that goes to bat for you is a rarity these days! However I am grateful to have worked there for the time I was there.

ConsThose who hold positions that are non-clinical (not nurses or doctors) or those not in a management type position are treated inferior when it comes to compensation and employee incentives. The raise infrastructure is garbage, as I worked there almost 10 years and literally made only a few dollars more than I did when I started. The new raise policy put into place in 2012 I believe, had people who just started working there able to receive a higher raise than someone who had been there multiple years. They do promote company advancement to higher positions but like many other companies it's not what you know, it's who you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee morale is low! The company keeps nibbling away at employee incentives and increasing productivity levels and expectations. Not to mention increasing benefit costs without increasing pay. The company is supposedly suffering financially to the point of laying off hundreds of people, but the CEO and other higher level officials are still collecting a bonus check! Think about how this message relays to the person who makes less than 13/hr, (which is quite a few!) You used to have a TON of loyal employees, try to keep the ones who are left!

Great people; Great mission; Screwy processes

Genesis Trainer (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThe mission of Mount Carmel is inspiring, and so many people want to serve and make a difference. Good benefits.

ConsMy particular manager struggled to delegate and hold people accountable, which affected the whole culture and teamwork. Silos made it a bit inefficient to try to accomplish goals, as they do in most large organizations.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower and train managers to delegate and ensure accountability. Understanding and compassion are great, but to be really effective they require courage and candor to ensure accountability or help people move on.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't Do IT!!!!!!

Provider Service Specialist Medigold (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsIf I could think of a reason I would tell you

ConsPay is POOR for what they expect. The healthcare package is insulting, worse than the pay you will be receiving. Very poor management structure. If you do not know anyone you will go nowhere, unless you are a major kiss-up. If their is such a thing as a modern day concentration camp, this is it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better! Offer a fair days pay for what you are expecting of them. Quit treating your employees like you are doing them a favor

Investment

Clinical Informatics (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsThey do want to invest in each person, and have great benefits. They always say that if you leave you will come back because of the huge culture shock. MCHS is a faith based facility and I would recommend working here to anyone, I've just outgrown my options and needed to expand.

ConsOnboarding and precepting on the units varies. It's hit or miss. Allow the clinical educators to do it so it can be a standardized mix of patient care with technology training. It blends process with function. The best of both worlds to be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more time to make sure new hires and existing staff are doing things consistently. Provide them real time feedback and treat it as an educational opportunity and not a punitive one. New EHRs are a challenge and the learning curve will also need to be there with upgrades. consider a floating preceptor and standardize workflows so staff can be utilized in various areas.

Maintenance at Mount Carmel

Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

Prosvery easy job, don't want to do something, just contract it out

Consweak management, lower pay than other area hospitals, cuts to benefits every year

Advice to Senior Managementpay attention to employees instead of simply telling them what they want to hear. telling employees that there is always some people who won't do much work just encourages other to not work as well

Mt Carmel Review

Prosconvenient Locations, good cultural atmosphere

ConsLow pay compared to other local hospitals

No one cared

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was always nice to visit to the residents/patients. For the most part, nurses valued what you had to say.

ConsCNAs did not do their job.

Overworked and underpaid!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosmet some very nice people

Consalways understaffed and awaiting approval to hire more. central transport sucks! no continuity of care very little diversity

Advice to Senior Managementa complete overhaul

payroll coordinator

Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

Prosbenefits are awesome, pay is ok, people are good

Consit has become very political

Advice to Senior Managementtake manager classes to fully understand being a manager and the responsibility of

Worked for Mount Carmel Health? Contribute to the Community!