Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida

2.9

Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida President and CEO Steven D. Sonenreich
Steven D. Sonenreich

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A good place to work , if you want peaceful life

Current Employee - IT Associate  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - IT Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay here is very less and hikes are also very less every year

Cons

Good work Environment with excellent management

Medical Assistant

Former Employee - Medical Assistant  in  Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida full-time for less than a year

Pros

I know in my heart that I have very good experience as a Medical Assistant. I would prefer to work for another department of Mount Sinai as a Medical Assistant.

Cons

I work for a GYN/GYN Surgeon Doctor, I would not recommend no one to work there, because they only hired me for three weeks, and then they Laid me off.

Don't waste other people time, you make sure you hired the right person, Cause I'm at my very best as a Medical Assistant.

Stressful, employees are treated very badly.. i just started 2 months ago and im looking for another job

Current Employee - Billing Representative  in  Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Billing Representative in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida full-time for more than a year

Pros

good pay, good pay, good pay, good pay

Cons

they treat employees bad, they do not pay for holidays (you must use your PTO), they do not always approve your PTO, managers love to call employees out of their name and disrespect them.

Treat your employees better and stop letting managers treat people the way they do.... its very sad to know that a hospital with such a good reputation is treating their employees this way.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Okay to work if you have no other choice.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small hospitals are good to start with. Good place to start as a nurse. Their charter elementary school is a good one and is open to employees.

Cons

Salary and benefits are horrible. Every year they remove more benefits or make the remaining benefits more expensive. Not a lot of career advancement opportunities for employees. If you have little ones, the nursery has a waiting list.

Poor compensation, poor benefits, poor mangement skills. All this contributes to low employee morale and bad pt care!

Former Employee - Mental Health Technician  in  Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Mental Health Technician in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hires nurses without experience for a period of one year then they could be offerered a permanent job.

Cons

One of the lowing paying hospitals of than area despite being profitable. Poor benefit package, high insurance premiums for employees, low employee morale, hostile work environment.

Do not neglect your employees, cap CEO, COO, etc salaries , they are offensive!

Metal Health Technician
     Transport pat

Current Employee - MHT  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - MHT in Miami, FL

I have been working at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It friendly environment to work. It is mostly team work.

Cons

Get the job done all the time or no one gets your back.

Do not base your judgement about one scenario before making critical decision. I was working with another new part worker but get full time position before me because of certain race. I wanted full time position just like him and I have more experience than him but critical decision was been made that did not favor me. I full time was not even publish out or posted.

Not satisfied

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer benefits, I liked my coworkers, not much else nice to say about my employment term at this hospital

Cons

Incompetent management in my department, low pay with very small pay raise advancement, too much focus on paperwork and red tape over the quality of patient care provided, large turnaround in staff, no opportunity for advancement, perpetually understaffed (the entire 2 years I was there they were understaffed, they kept telling us they couldn't find someone to hire but had my position filled by the time I left with 2 weeks notice)

Stop focusing on $ and start caring more about employees and patients

Great place to work

Former Employee - Resident  in  Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Resident in Miami Beach, FL

Pros

Wonderful staff, beautiful hospital, excellent patient care and teaching.

Cons

Difficult if you do not speak spanish

Large room for improvement

Current Employee - Specialty RN  in  Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Specialty RN in Miami Beach, FL

Pros

Diverse, a lot of employees are willing to put on the hard work to attempt to CARE for their patients and coworkers in a broken system.

Cons

Management just does not seem to care about the employees input. You have to learn and stand up for yourself if not you'll be bullied by management or peers. Many employees are rude and don't care about improving the organization. A lot of the PCT's are just not willing to do the job and the "Attitude" is really such a downer to work with.

Listen to your nurses and let them know their opinions matter if you do care. Because someone is recommended by "somebody" doesn't mean they are good at the job. The system needs a revamp. A lot of employs seem jaded and like they are working there because there is not other option at the moment. Look at how the nurse managers are working their floors and how their nurses feel about it.

It is a stressful and even chotic place to work.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida

Pros

This is a place where a new nurse can learn a lot about nursing. You get to see different types of patients. The hospital is next to beautiful Biscayne Bay on Miami Beach. The views of the ocean and downtown Miami are simply awesome.

Cons

You get a yearly raise of not even 2%. The medical benefits aren't that great. The PCTs on the floors tend to be lazy. It is difficult to get meds from pharmacy. Many employees in this hospital are quite rude, unfriendly, and unprofessional.

Spend more facetime with rank=and-file-employees in order to see what is really happening in the hospital.

Worked for Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida? Contribute to the Community!