Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida

Updated November 5, 2014
2.8

Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida President and CEO Steven D. Sonenreich
Steven D. Sonenreich

A good place to work , if you want peaceful life

Current Employee - IT Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - IT Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay here is very less and hikes are also very less every year

Cons

Good work Environment with excellent management

You will get your experience, but horrible company.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will get the experience and you will learn. They do not care if you call out often. Opportunity for over time.

Cons

This hospital is the worst paying hospital in south Florida. No opportunity to grow. Management sucks. Always under staffed. Only twenty cents raise yearly.

No opportunity to grow

Medical Assistant

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I know in my heart that I have very good experience as a Medical Assistant. I would prefer to work for another department of Mount Sinai as a Medical Assistant.

Cons

I work for a GYN/GYN Surgeon Doctor, I would not recommend no one to work there, because they only hired me for three weeks, and then they Laid me off.

Don't waste other people time, you make sure you hired the right person, Cause I'm at my very best as a Medical Assistant.

Like most jobs, it depends on who you work with but the company could be better

I worked at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's on the bay with some beautiful views, sadly somewhat wasted on the parking lot, but would make for a great lunch break (once saw dolphins on the way to my car). Parking is free. There was 50% matching on the 403b. The occasional free ice cream party, yes, really.

Cons

Health benefits were surprisingly disappointing considering it's a hospital. No sick days, just PTO (paid time off) so if you're sick, unless it's "extended," it's coming out of your vacation time.

The food options were terrible, even after the cafeteria was remodeled while I was there, the food was not cheap and usually pretty bad, which could be because the staff mostly seemed to hate life.

Unless you arrive before 8am, you have to park really far away without a sidewalk or shade which ruins your shoes and feels gross in work clothes in the unforgiving Miami sun. It didn't help the the dress code was a bit strict.

Getting hired can take forever, in my experience, HR took weeks to get me my paperwork after I accepted the offer and then there is a mandatory orientation/training that is held biweekly, so if you miss it by a day, you have to wait another 2 weeks. I believe this is also part of the reason some toxic people manage to stick around for so long because it's such a pain to replace them.

ORIENTATION NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE

I worked at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida

Pros

I lived closed by. Easy public transportation for those with no car

Cons

Pay is below the average for Registered Respiratory Therapist. They offered me a wage that I got in 1990!

Not sure what to say, I went thru the whole process and got hired and Bc of a miscommunication with Human Resource and dealing with rude employees doing the Orientation, I ended up from being hired to being I hired and was never informed until orientation.

The interview was fine and I was hired several years ago. It's was the orientation that didn't go well. First of all, the people doing the orientations for new employees were RUDE. I came in with new sneaks pants and a dress shirt. 2 hours later they tell me I don't meet the dressed code Bc I had sneakers. They told me to leave and go to human resource. HOWEVER, I saw new nurses dressed in scrubs, flip flops, Jeans etc. A few weeks later I had to do another orientation. When I was hired I didn't have an updated ID so from my understanding, she told me to bring it after I finish the second schedule orientation. This time I came dressed, showed up in pants, dress shirt the works. At 10 am, the same rude lady who pulled me out the last time, did it again and rudely said goto human resource and don't return!!!!! I'll never forget that!! I went back and she told me I wasn't hired anymore Bc I didn't bring my ID BEFORE ORIENTATION? Which was weird Bc I thought she told me to bring it the day of orientation? I had it that day and showed her. She looked at me and said sorry they decided to not hire me. I explained to her she never told me there was a dressed code, I was drressed nicely both times and at both orientations I attended, there were nurses in scrubs , jeans, flip flops etc. Why are nurses getting special treatment? Not too mention I saw new nurses come to the orientation hours late and they were not asked to leave!!! I would never reapply again from that experience. Besides they are paying 1990 wages. Not worth my trouble if I can't be treated with the same respect as nurses. I learned that from just being humiliated at ORIENTATION. SAD

Fun & Enjoyable

Pros

Nice Work Environment
    Great People To Work Around.

Cons

Pay Is Terrible.
    Higher Pay Employee Treat Everyone Like Slaves Or Nothing

Great Work Place

I worked at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida as an intern

Pros

good work environment, nice view

Cons

chaotic, a nurse can learn a lot about nursing.

Nurse

I have been working at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida

Pros

State of the art technology & research

Cons

No ratios for their nursing staff.

Help burnt out nurses

Stressful, employees are treated very badly.. i just started 2 months ago and im looking for another job

Current Employee - Billing Representative in Miami Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Billing Representative in Miami Beach, FL

I have been working at Mount Sinai Medical Center of Florida full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good pay, good pay, good pay, good pay

Cons

they treat employees bad, they do not pay for holidays (you must use your PTO), they do not always approve your PTO, managers love to call employees out of their name and disrespect them.

Treat your employees better and stop letting managers treat people the way they do.... its very sad to know that a hospital with such a good reputation is treating their employees this way.

Okay to work if you have no other choice.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Miami Beach, FL

Pros

Small hospitals are good to start with. Good place to start as a nurse. Their charter elementary school is a good one and is open to employees.

Cons

Salary and benefits are horrible. Every year they remove more benefits or make the remaining benefits more expensive. Not a lot of career advancement opportunities for employees. If you have little ones, the nursery has a waiting list.