Mount St. Mary's College

Mount St. Mary's College Reviews

Updated Jun 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

It was indeed a great learning experience.

Student Researcher (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou ideas as an employee stand out. As a part time employee I did feel that my ideas were valued, the people that I work with are wonderful, the environment is friendly and in general most people are willing to help you with any questions that you might encounter.

ConsSince this is a very small institution you have to work with limited resources. It's challenging to work in an environment in which your customers are students.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize each an every employee's talents to the institutions advantage. I believe this can only better this institution.

Great Potential but all departments are not equal.

Student Worker (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsLaid-back environment. All of the student staff are very friendly and helpful.

ConsSome of the offices have rude employees. The college prides themselves on helping women succeed by providing many options of study but there is not an equal amount of resources in all of the departments. (neglected art majors: FILM, art, theater, music)

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees, especially student employees with respect. They are paid minimum wage and are juggling classes so do not ask too much of them. After all, they do the same work that others are doing who receive above minimum wage.

good pay for being a tutor

Tutor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsDaniel was a great manager

Consthere were no cons, other than the required meetings

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place, but needs to be open to change

(Current Employee)

ProsAwesome retirement
    good benefits
    good people all around
    beautiful campuses
    good mission
    Tuition Waiver

Conssome people just need to retire
    needs to be more open to change

Advice to Senior ManagementThe college is going to struggle with the strategic goals of the college unless you change how people view CHANGE.
    Everyone is very satisfied with doing the minimum of their job and not trying to improve broken policies and procedures. If department silos are broken down, and people work with each other on a better level...there really is nothing stopping where this college can go.

Great students, horrible supervisors.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe students are wonderful people, engaged, kind, and generally speaking, hard working.

ConsThe administration uses its students, especially its adult students as cash cows without any care for the quality of their education. My former supervisor discriminated against working mothers. Not just my experience in this arena. The school's also so afraid of litigation that they allow plagiarism to run rampant. It's awful and the faculty, especially the part-timers, have no recourse.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid of doing the right thing even if it means ruffling a few feathers. Fire or demote supervisors who are causing problems. Discipline students who cheat. Pay faculty, especially part-timers more and stop hiring people the week before the semester.

Big Mistake

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule for work/life balance with kids.

ConsRacist environment. Bullying in the workplace. Fear and intimidation factors by co-workers and management. Numerous HR violations (including accessing personnel records without permission while on vacation). Extremely low salary for Los Angeles and job description

Coach (Former Employee) Emmitsburg, MD

ProsThe atmoshphere was pretty good.

ConsThere is a lack of drive in management

Advice to Senior ManagementThink bigger and be willing try new approaches

Good Beginner Job

ProsThe supervisor was very willing to teach you, even on the job and your student coworkers are welcoming to you.

ConsNone so far, A good job for students looking at clerical/administrative work

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat management!

Positive experience good people

ProsThe Mount Great college atmosphere

ConsVery low salary offers at the Mount

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to increase salary or workload

Okay place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey are flexible
    Let you have time off to run simple errands during the work day

ConsDon't pay you too much

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for Mount St. Mary's College? Contribute to the Community!